“nothing but location”
Review of Princess Ann Hotel

Princess Ann Hotel
Ranked #140 of 212 Hotels in Miami Beach
Reviewed January 29, 2012

when the receptionist saw us coming in he went away for doing something else and was back after 2-3 minutes, thats was just the beginning shows the service standard of this "hotel".
no elevator and nobody helps you in the long and steep way to the room with luggege.
parking in a distance of 1 block away for expensive daily rate.
room (including the bed) broken.

Room Tip: in miami beach make the trade off decision of price' location and hotels level.
  • Stayed: January 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank bestsZagreb

Reviewed January 25, 2012

Me and my gf stayed at princess ann this past fourth of july weekend. we read the reviews but we still booked because the price was right. our room was clean and we even had a small fridge and a microwave. no complaints over here.. if you are going to miami to PARTY like we did and your just looking for a hotel to crash after a long night and somewhere to get dressed stay here! its in the center of the strip so your close to everything! for all of you complainers kick rocks. who goes to miami to stay in the hotel anyways???#weirdos lol

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with friends
3  Thank Special_Kay00
Reviewed December 26, 2011

I should have taken the reviews more seriously. This place was somewhat disappointing given its excellent location and my first disappointment with a popular 'Hot' hotel online discount booking website. Spend the extra money and stay some place else!

Pros: 1) Excellent location, one block from Lumus Park/Ocean Drive/Collins Ave (where all the action is). The location probably keeps this place in business; along with its reasonable rates to lure potential travelers. 2) Front desk people were nice too.

Cons: 1) Rooms are badly beat-up and old --- carpet, furniture, etc. 2) Bed squeaks when one moves around (I'm just a 150 lb guy and every time I turned it sounded as if I was making love). 3) Weirdest check-in ... you pay $20 cash (no credit card) as a deposit on the key (which is understandable) and universal TV remote control (never heard of this). The TV in the room only has about five channels; two of which were religious channels. 4) Shag red, beat-up carpet needs to be replaced. 4) Wireless internet is unsecure; every knucklehead in SOBE around that hotel is connected after I pinged their router. The wireless went offline frequently. 6) "Free Breakfast" consisted of Tang-like/5% Juice OJ, Coffee and some small muffins ... nothing spectacular to make this place with "two stars." Walk the one block to the restaurant row on Ocean Drive and pay the extra $6/person for breakfast at one of the numerous establishments.

Bottom Line: Only stay at this place if you plan to be outside the entire time and get back to your room at about 2am or use this as a place to store your luggage in your room if going on a cruise. I wouldn't want to hang out in the room(s) of this hotel if caught in a rain storm. I stayed on the second floor; not sure if they other floors are renovated. I know everyone on my floor had the same thoughts as me. I roughed it for two days but eventually had to check out one day early to get sleep/enjoy the amenities of a real hotel.

Room Tip: Call and ask if they have any remodeled rooms.
  • Stayed: January 2011, traveled solo
2  Thank southpugetsound
Reviewed December 15, 2011

We got this hotel through one of those air, flight plus car deals on Travelocity. The only reason we chose this one was because there were only 2 other deals this close to the beach and they were both 4 times as expensive which we just didn't have the budget for.

The ONLY thing this hotel has going for it is its proximity to South Beach. Literally, one block over by foot and you're there. I will, however, NEVER set foot in this place again. The place smells terrible, as they use some kind of really strong but cheap smelling cleaning agents that do everything but clean. There is a pervasive moldy smell in the whole hotel that you can smell from the street!
The filters in the window units (!!!) must have never been changed because our room smelled like the pits of hell whenever we walked in and it actually hurt to breathe.
I made sure to not touch the carpet or the bathroom floor, and walked around the room with my flipflops on all the time. Explain to me how carpet can be sticky????
When we got our key to the room the maid had literally JUST finished "cleaning" it: there was the previous guest's hair all over the bathroom stall.
The pillows stink, the bedding stinks, your bed barely gets made, and the bathroom definitely does not get cleaned everyday. I left a magazine on the floor to see what would happen, and damnit if it wasn't there still after the maid cleaned.

This place really is a health hazard. Up your budget to stay elsewhere if you MUST be close to SoBe, or go stay a little further inland where you can find nice, clean hotels and a nice atmosphere. Sure, you will have to drive 15 minutes to get to the beach, but there's more to Miami than SoBe.

STAY AWAY FROM PRINCESS ANN.

Room Tip: Up your budget a bit and stay elsewhere.
  • Stayed: December 2011, traveled on business
2  Thank Tashefraiche
Reviewed December 12, 2011

We read a review that said it was "the best kept secret in South Beach". They forgot to add "from the Miami Beach Health and Safety Dept".

• Stayed: December 2011
1  Thank sobe90
Reviewed December 12, 2011

If you like blood on your walls, holes in the carpet, broken bathroom tiles and a wall switch fixed to the wall with scotch tape this is the place for you. I have pictures to back up these facts.

Room Tip: Sleep on the street or in a parking lot before you book this place.
  • Stayed: December 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank sobe90
Reviewed December 4, 2011

My job put me up here for a few days until my real accommodation was ready. I'm sure they won't do it again. I stayed there in July 2011 (late review, I know). Check-in clerk was very rude. He ignored me mid-transaction to help someone else who spoke Spanish. The room was filthy...dark, dirty floor, no toilet paper, damp bedding. The air conditioner was placed right over the desk/table so it blew on me whenever I sat there, so I either had to turn off the a/c when eating/working or not sit there. No elevator so had to lug my bags up 2 flights...nobody even offered to help.

Worst of all, the day before checkout, the same rude Spanish clerk insisted I pay the bill before going back upstairs. He didn't believe me when I told him my job was paying for it. When I went to the room THEY HAD PADLOCKED THE DOOR!!!!!! I was even checked out yet! I went downstairs and called my job who spoke to the Spanish clerk to tell them that they were paying, not me and that the hotel already had the credit card number. Suddenly the clerk was smiley and apologetic.

P.S. also picked up a foot infection from the carpet.

Room Tip: One tip: don't go there
  • Stayed: July 2011, traveled on business