“Pretty Bad”
Review of South Beach Villas

South Beach Villas
We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Miami Beach
South Beach Villas
Ranked #202 of 212 Hotels in Miami Beach
Reviewed April 29, 2013

This is an older hotel in need of some renovations. It's close to the beach, though, which is a plus. The lobby smells like chemicals, the lobby restroom was dirty, and the fire alarm went off twice during my stay. The bathtub in my room was filthy. The continental breakfast is pathetic -- bagels, packets of oatmeal, oranges, and coffee. I'll spend more money on a nicer hotel during my next visit to Miami Beach.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled solo
2  Thank Suzanne E

Reviewed October 3, 2012

This was the first hotel where we stay, the location is good and clean, Breakfast OK. rooms are comfortable and clean...
cons: Internet slow if your room is away... they must improve on that part only..
reommended

Room Tip: not far away of internet spot
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends
2  Thank Alex C
Reviewed November 30, 2011

I went to miami many times in the last 3 years. Im the kind of traveler who don't want to spend to much in a hotel room, since im out all day & night. But i look for something clean always. I booked at some hotel very crappy in miami, but this one was the best.

Very clean room (a little bit small) but it's ok.
Very nice staff with a lot of services.
It's an hotel for young people, could be noisy at night cause it's in the hot district, which is very nice!

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled with friends
Reviewed September 2, 2011

This property is an old property that is falling apart. The rooms have old furniture, dark rooms and smell like bleach. I was in a front facing room that faced Collins Avenue and did not get any sleep with all the traffic noises and other guests slamming their doors all night. Bathrooms are so small that you cannot turn around in the showers. For some reason they have three full length mirrors in the room. One was blocking a closet that you could not use. Very poorly run with not allowing anyone into their rooms until after 3:00 PM. Even when you arrive early and they say that they will call you when your room is ready. This they never did, but when I came back at 4:00 they said that I could check in at that time. Probably the worst hotel that I have ever been in, and I am in the hotel business.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled solo
Reviewed October 26, 2010

The hotel's lobby was nice but the room was below average I paid for a king be with a flat screen I recieved a double bed with a ancient television overall I would give this place a 4.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled solo
1  Thank chriskeith5805
Reviewed January 15, 2010

So we were there during the Florida freeze of January 2010. The temp dip to the low 30s, a new record for Florida. When we checked into our rooms the guy said "Oh, btw your room does not have a heater" and didn't provide us with any portable heater. So we ended up freezing. We barely got any sleep because it was so cold. Then as got ready to shower the hot water was just enough for 1 person. After that it was just cold water. I paid for this hotel through travelocity and it was rated 3 stars on their site. Trust me this ain't no 3 stars. Even though I paid in advance I was then incurred a "resort" fee of $9 a day and you couldn't opt out of it. The resort included Wi-Fi and continental breakfast. The continental breakfast includes bagel, OJ, fruits, yogurt, and a cup of joe. The Wi-Fi was frustrating because it would take 10-15 minutes to connect and was really slow. At night as we got ready to bed we would hear noises in the walls. It sounded like there were rodents or something running around inside the wall. Scratchy with little rodents feet running back and forth. The walls were pretty thin so you could hear everything going on in the other room. However, they did have a LCD TV on the wall so that you can watch TV. The stupid thing is that it's not directly in front of the bed but on the side so you would have to sleep on your side to watch TV. Lastly, there is no parking at this place. If you want them to valet your car it's $25. This place sucks. Avoid at all cost.

• Stayed: January 2010, traveled as a couple
2  Thank tenchi77
Reviewed October 15, 2009

South beach villas is just another hotel nothing special about it and i probably wouldn't stay there again.

• Stayed: April 2009, traveled with friends