“Great Location and value”
Review of Ocean Reef Suites

Ocean Reef Suites
Ranked #123 of 212 Hotels in Miami Beach
Reviewed February 5, 2013

Loved the location right on Collins. We stayed for 3 nights until leaving on our Friday cruise. Very clean in our room. Close to the on street shopping, dining on Ocean and the beach. The hotel was ok, but really did not spend alot of time in the room. The staff was great and really helped alot when my flight was late to Miami. Check in was quick and easy.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank Jturgeon
ORSuites, Guest Relations Manager at Ocean Reef Suites, responded to this reviewResponded February 20, 2013

We are happy to help in any way we can. Thanks for your appreciation. We hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed January 26, 2013

Staff was very accommodating especially Mauricio who stowed our luggage until we could check in and Jenny who let us check in a little early. This was the only place we could find that didn't have a two night minimum and we just needed one night before our cruise. Marcelo checked us out the next morning and made sure we got a taxi to the port. Everyone here was very friendly. We would definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: All the rooms here are good
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank doug w

Thanks for your kind comments about our staff. It's encouraging to be reassured we are in the right track when it comes to customer service. Warmest wishes to you!

Reviewed January 14, 2013

Overall, this hotel wasn't bad. I spent a lot of time reviewing hotels in the area and it seemed like a decent place in a good location. I would say my initial research proved to be correct. Compared to my "way of living" it was not up to par. However, compared to South Beach's "way of living" it wasn't bad. South Beach is a dirtier place than I am used to. We stayed here two different nights, once before our cruise and once after. The second time around was in a better and larger room, which was also cleaner. The first room was a little dirty and we had to plunge the toilet every time we used it. The second room the towels were dirty and had black hairs on them (my husband and I do not have black hair). Both rooms had dirty pillows and blankets that just felt grimy. The stair railing was literally detached from the wall in one of the buildings and was not safe at all.

However, the staff and customer service were amazing. Both times they got us into our room way before 3 (the check in time). They also held onto our bags while we were waiting for our rooms to be ready so we could wander. Beach towels were provided which was nice as well. Also, the location was amazing. Walking distance to everything! The look of the rooms was nice and the small kitchen was an added bonus. We stayed in the studios both times. The free wifi was also great. If cleaning was more of a focus, I would have rated it better. Cleaner towels, sheets, and pillows would have been nice.

Room Tip: If getting a studio, they are larger in the building attached to the reception area.
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank CAsmussen
ORSuites, Public Relations Manager at Ocean Reef Suites, responded to this reviewResponded February 20, 2013

Thank you so much for your detailed and honest review. We knew our pros (like our great location and wonderful staff, always attentive and kind) Yet, it is highly important to take notes of the aspects that need improvement. It's been unfortunate, but we have been renewing our housekeeping staff and that took a toll on our service. We are confident that we have finally put together a solid team, and that this will be reflected on the cleanliness of our rooms.

Reviewed January 14, 2013

I stayed at the Ocean Reef Suites with some friends. You cannot get a better location. Right in the thick of the South Beach action. The hotel was ok, but really did not spend alot of time in the room. The staff was great and really helped alot when my flight was late to Miami. Check in was quick and easy. It is a small store right outside the hotel which really helped alot when needed food or something to drink. If you are looking for a hotel in the thick of the South Beach action this is the hotel for you. I will stay here each and every time I come to South Beach..

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with friends
2  Thank Brian M
ORSuites, Guest Relations Manager at Ocean Reef Suites, responded to this reviewResponded January 29, 2013

Thank you very much! We look forward to your next visit. Also, please remember that returning guests receive a 10% discount when booking through our website. Warm regards from everyone at the Ocean Reef.

Reviewed January 7, 2013

My boyfriend and I went on a cruise in May 2012. Then decided to stay in Miami for a couple of extra days. The staff was so friendly and nice. The room was beautiful and the location was perfect. Everything was very close (stores, beach, restaurant etc) It was perfect. I loved it. Will definetly be staying here again :-)

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Lounelly T
ORSuites, Guest Relations Manager at Ocean Reef Suites, responded to this reviewResponded January 10, 2013

Thank you! We appreciate your trust in us. Happy 2013, my it bring you back soon!

Reviewed December 11, 2012

The location was great - located on Collins avenue ( one block from Ocean Ave). The exact location was next to a construction/renovation site of an apartment complex. It is next to a bar and has a "restaurant" attached to it. It is by far a MOTEL, not a hotel. Construction and materials of the room were shotty. Wore flip flops into the bathtub because it was not that clean. Maid service was basically a turn down and light dusting. I was also asked to pay in full up front and told that if I wanted to leave early, it would have to be approved by a manager. I only stayed because everything else was sold out due to Art Basel week. Pictures depicted on site are deceptive. I will post the pictures on trip advisor. NO ocean view or pool or a real valet (some guy will come and take your car to park in a garage a couple blocks away for $25 a night).

• Stayed: December 2012
1  Thank MissusSJ
ORSuites, Guest Relations Manager at Ocean Reef Suites, responded to this reviewResponded December 24, 2012

Thanks for your review. We are happy to inform you that the construction/renovation work in our hotel is finally over!!! We thank you for giving us a chance. While your photos are from the outside of the hotel, another recent guest has posted some pictures of their room were you can see that we are not a motel. We hope we can serve you again in the future.

Reviewed December 10, 2012

I stayed in Ocean Reef Suites while travelling with my girlfriend over Florida in October 2011. We are used to sleeping on a budget but the place that we've rented in Miami found out to be so disgusting (unfortunately we don`t remember it`s name) that in the middle of the night we get out from it and found a free room in Ocean Reef Suites. It wasn't cheap ( I'd rather say it`s kinda expensive one) but we stayed there for 4 nights. Let me start by saying that the location is superb - there are a lot of shops and restaurants nearby, not mentioning the beach (around 5 minutes of walking). Our room and bathroom were very clean, without any problems mentioned by some other reviewers. We had a room on the first floor, closest to the road and It was quiet enough to sleep well - but consider ear plugs if you will be in the same room during the high season. Room was very big for 2 persons with big and comfortable bed with a small room for clothes and safe for your belongings. There was really nothing to complain about - and only if it was a little bit cheaper I wouldn't hesitate to give this place five stars.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Czerwi
ORSuites, Guest Relations Manager at Ocean Reef Suites, responded to this reviewResponded December 10, 2012

Thank you so much for sharing your experience with the Tripadvisor community. We hope other travelers, after reading all the comments, will recognize we are a great hotel with a lot to give. Regarding the price, hotel rates go up certain times of the year. More often than not, though, we are pretty accessible. Please, let us know if you are planning another trip to Miami. We give a discount to returning guests!