“Dirty,roaches,no service,those are the highlights!”

Seacoast Suites Hotel
Ranked #173 of 212 Hotels in Miami Beach
Beverly Hills, Calif
Reviewed January 8, 2005

We arrived and no one was there to check us in,it was past 10:00 pm and the employees were gone! Even tho we pre-arranged a late check in!

We had to go to another hotel for the night, we returned the next day,only to find that our hotel room was NOTHING as had been described to us.The rooms were dirty ,and decorated in early thrift store,our bathroom was filthy, the towel racks were on the floor [broken] no soap, shampoo,and the towels were so small and sooo used they were transparent.

The beds were hard as rocks and smelled very musty,the pillows were 1 inch thick and smelled worse then the beds.

The builiding is undergoing major contruction by the entrance to the hotel and pool area. Absolutley no amenities what so ever!

No room service, actually NO SERVICE what so ever! no resturant, no mini mart, no gym, no pool bar, no pool service, the whole experience was a huge disapointment,and a complete embarrasement for me, as I had invited guests to join me and we had to move after one day to the Courtyard Marriot which was MARVELOUS! just a few blocks away 39th and Collins,and my savior, to what would have otherwise been a disasterous vacation.

Since my return all I can think about is that this hotel should be renamed MOTEL almost ruined my vacation, and made me move 3 times in three days!

If you hate someone....send them to this hotel., its an absolute disgrace!

10  Thank A TripAdvisor Member

Reviewed January 6, 2005

I travel quite a bit. I have seen a large variety of hotels, lodges, condos, etc.. There a good and bad things about my stay at the Seacoast Suites. Unfortunately, THERE ARE ONLY A FEW GOOD THINGS WORTH MENTIONING. The space is great! I think at one point in time (say.....the 70's) this hotel was one of the places to stay. EVERYTHING is very outdated. It seems as if all imperfections or screw-ups were covered up by paint. The staff is NOT friendly. When I go on vacation I want to be treated well. I am not asking for anyone to kiss the ground I walk on. I want them to seem thankful that we have chosen their establishment. The staff at Seacoast Suites were just thankful to be taking our money. I know that is what it is all about, but GEEZ, hide it a bit! The second night, they forgot to give us clean towels. The hot and cold water was mixed up in the showers. The pool and rooms were fairly clean. But as I stated before, severly outdated. The only restaurant is a scary looking Asian buffet and a small office/deli...EEK! I would recommend this place for a bunch of LOW-MAINTENANCE COLLEGE KIDS on a spring break trip. A 6 person room could easily sleep 12. The great thing about this hotel is it's location! It's backyard is the Atlantic Ocean. It is on Millionaire's row, so there are beautiful homes that surround the area. It is located on Collins Avenue. Collins Avenue is the gateway to all the beaches (South Beach, Bal Harbor, etc.) Everything is within a fairly short driving distance. Oh, and about parking....you are required to valet your vehicle for $13 a night.

The Seacoast Suites should be bought out and gutted by a well-respected hotel chain. It has so much potential. Unfortunately, it is worn down with a poorly managed staff. I would NOT recommend this hotel to any one who is looking for a posh and overall "great" stay in Miami. Afterall, a good vacation includes a great lodging experience. Seacost Suites does not fall into that category.

• Stayed: January 2005
16  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
New York
Reviewed December 26, 2004

Service?...what service? Nothing advertised on their site is acurate. No store, no resturant, no babysitting, no pool, its under construction, they forget to mention that and the NOISE! from the jackhammers is intoreable. We couldn't even get a clean bathroom! The maids let us know that 'management' does not provide cleaning supplys! So they clean with water, burnt orange water comming from the sinks.
This place at best is a level above motel six with worse service!

8  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Cinnaminson, NJ
Reviewed August 17, 2004

I only wish I had read these reviews before I stayed. What a disaster! This has got to be the worst hotel that I have stayed in. Very outdated stained furniture. Kitchen was dirty, bathroom old and dirty. Mold on ceiling, old carpets, windows did not close properly. Deck had good view of ocean but the only furniture was an old kitchen chair. Whole place in desperate need of paint. Pool area was under construction and was a mess. We had booked 2 nights but left after one depressing night. The hotel is not even worthy of one star.

6  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Hartford, CT
Reviewed April 23, 2004

When we booked this place we were well aware that we weren't staying at a luxury facility, however, some things are just unacceptable. The help is by far the rudest that I have ever encountered. They could not care less and when asked for anything, it was a huge hassle. For instance, we rang out of toilet paper and were instructed to get it ourselves from housekeeping. Strange people kept knocking on our door and calling the room, when we spoke to the people on duty, they said they could do nothing about it! For the money, you could definitely do better. On the positive side, the sheets were clean!

5  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed March 1, 2004

This was by far the WORST place I have EVER stayed. I frequent Miami a lot and when I had to put a Bachlorette Party together we knew Miami was the place. We had to find a place that would accommodate 11 women in one HUGE room. Well this hotel did in fact have a very large 2 bedroom suite. That is about the ONLY nice thing I can say about it. To make this short and sweet I will just list my complaints... The staff is by far the rudest I have ever encountered, we were told we were only allowed 6 towels, and they REFUSED to give us more, hence we had to make a trip to gift shop (off site) to purchase more towels ($80 later) the walls needed painting, they have no ice machine, its out dated beyond belief, no hot water, the bathrooms were dirty when we arribed, it stinks, and the pool area is a total shame. I wouldn t recommend my worst enemy to spend even an hour at the disgrace of a hotel, especially at over $500 a night. Back to the Loews I go!!!

5  Thank AmberBK
Boston, MA
Reviewed August 24, 2003

This property is in need of a desperate makeover. Many Web sites classify it as a three star property; it is not. The 2-bedroom suite was huge and the view of the Atlantic was perfect, BUT the walls needed to be painted, the kitchen needed updating, the staff was jackhammering at the pool (not what's needed when you're trying to relax on vacation), and a strage smell eminated from our oven. You can do much better than the Seacoast.

4  Thank A TripAdvisor Member