“This Place was a Nightmare”

Seacoast Suites Hotel
Ranked #171 of 212 Hotels in Miami Beach
Reviewed November 2, 2007

This place had to be a joke I thought. We stayed here for the Pats game in Miami. We checked in, got up to the room, and the first thing I noticed was what a horrible smell in the room! It was overpowering and nauseating. It smelled like filth, dirty rug, and as though lots of food was cooked in it without open windows. It was bad. The furniture was all ugly as well, straight from the 70s. Normally I wouldnt care as long as it was clean, however, that just added to the place's grossness. There was hair all over the bathroom floor and shower. The kitchen was a full kitchen, however it looked more like a kitchen that you would see on one of those house flipping shows. I expected roaches to crawl out of the cupboards. There was an enourmous stain on the countertop. It looked like someone made a huge pot of spaghetti, dripped spaghetti sauce on the counter, and it stained in the outline of the pot. At this point I figured this is gross, how do you even say this room is ready for someone?? But we went to the beach to get out of the room, figuring it couldnt get worse. On the way back from the beach, we stopped in the store in the hotel and I got a hotdog. How nasty!! I wonder if it was made 3 months ago? It was so hard and chewey I had to throw it out and alost threw up. Then, I went to take a shower. There was no hot water!!! We called the desk and the 17 year old kid they leave in charge said they are having problems like that throughout the building, let it run, it should come on. well a half hour later, still no hot water. called the desk again, kid says someone will come up. no one came up. finally went downstairs to the desk, told him no one came up, he said oh there is the guy right there. it was the valet guy!!! they do not have a manager or housekeeping on staff after 4pm! unbelievable. needless to say, we checked out and got a room at another hotel. while we were checking out, which took awhile, another person came in, booked a room, came back downstairs and said he was not staying there and got his money back and checked out. the place is absolutely disgusting and should be shut down. i have never seen or smelled anything like it before. STAY FAR AWAY!!!

• Stayed: October 2007, traveled with friends
4  Thank traveler102503

Reviewed July 1, 2007

You know, I gotta say I was a little nervous about staying at this hotel after reading all the terrible reviews this hotel got. My brother is a travel agent and booked it for us and I thought I was going to have to disown my brother after we got back, but boy was I wrong and so were the reviews of this hotel. There were 6 of us traveling to Miami and staying at this hotel. 4 adults and 2 children. The hotel staff was very nice and helpful. Anytime we needed anything, towels, extra blankets, etc. they were right on top of it. Yes they have valet parking that has a $15 a day mandatory up front fee for however many nights you stay, but to be honest, we loved having that! there was no parking deck thats a mile away to lug all your stuff to and from, if you needed your car, you called down 10 minutes before leaving and your car was ready for you turned on and A/C running! Talk about convenience! There was talk about construction at the pool etc etc...but the construction is just about finished and the purpose of the construction was the hotel remodeling the patio flooring all around the pool and backside of the hotel, and it is looking beautiful! they only have the fountain left to complete so I am looking forward to coming back next year to see the finished product. The pool was great and always clean, there were very few times that there were more then 10 people in the pool itself. The hotel provides more then plenty of outdoor patio furniture and 6 tables with umbrellas but like i said, it was never crowded and the 9 days we spent there, there wasnt one time we didnt have a table and umbrella. The restaurant is now open and they had great lunch specials daily under $10 and daquiries and pina coladas for $5. The staff at the restaurant will bring your food and drinks to you at the pool too! I suggest the Ropo Veija with rice and beans, it was delicious! Also there was a masseuse on hand down at the cabannas daily (except mondays she isnt there) with excellent prices for massages, we got an hour massage for $60, best price on the beach! and she has a tent like thing set up practically on the beach if you want, very very cool! OK and as for our room, there were no complaints, we had the 2 bedroom Jr Suite and it had a full kitchen (we went up to 69th ST Publix to buy groceries) and two full baths. My boyfriend and I opted to take the convertible bedroom and it had a sliding door instead of a door with a door knob, big deal! we basically had all private use of the second bathroom cuz there was a door to the kitchen that closed and could lock so aside from only having a small closet in that convertible room, we were more then satisfied. The master bedroom did have two beds in it but their child slept on the couch and my child slept on the loveseat. Which the hotel gladly gave us extra sheets and blankets for their use. the furniture in our suite was very comfortable and they also had 4 patio chairs on our balcony/terrace which we used nightly to watch the ocean and drink wine. I think the only thing that could be said that wasnt A+ was the carpets. near the entrances and exits and also the door to the terrace the carpet was stained, but who cares?! it was swept daily by housekeeping (which by the way, they did an excellent job) and if you have children or animals you know how hard it is to keep your carpets clean so in an environment like this, i wasnt surprised and i certainly wasnt going to have a miserable time because of some stains on the carpet. And there were two TV’s one in each bedroom, and not one in the living room (atleast in our room that’s how it was, each room may vary, we were in 15N), but you could get an extra tv for $10 a day, we didn’t because we spent most of our time at the pool. Overall this place was great and a wonderful value. We will for sure stay here again. But if you are looking for luxury accomodations then you need to pay luxury prices and go stay somewhere else. I honestly dont know how the other reviews could be so harsh because we had a very good time and enjoyed our stay here. We will be returning for sure. Oscar is the night manager and very sweet! Listen, if you want to have a good time, you will, but if you want to have a miserable time, you will. We chose to have a great time and we certainly did! I posted a couple of pictures of the back part of the hotel facing the ocean, so you can see the views we had.

• Stayed: June 2007, traveled with family
7  Thank iv3461
Reviewed March 30, 2007

Dirty, Filthy, and run down are the terms used to best describe this awful place. The hotel hallways look like they haven't been vacuumed in a month. I've seen the same gum wrapper on the floor for three days now. Paint is peeling, woke up with bug bites all over my body, and the staff is rude and discourteous. I wouldn't stay here again if they paid me.

• Stayed: March 2007, traveled with family
2  Thank e000r
Reviewed March 20, 2007

This hotel seemed like it would have been great... i went there with 5 other college students on spring break. When we first got there they said they didnt have the room that we had booked. Finally that got settled, then i took a shower and when i got out, the towel that was supposed to be clean-- was soiled with something brown! GROSS... thats not even the worst of it-- i went into the walk in closet to change, closed the door, only to find BLOOD on the wall!!!!!! SICK! It was disgusting--when the staff came up to look at it they didnt know what it was.. then the very unprofessional lady said IMPOSSIBLE
..like we had done it!!!! THEN she tried to say it was CHOCOLATE
..when it was clearly red! I HAVE PICTURES. They then told us that we would not be compensated and that we could go to a different hotel if we wanted to. It was a HORRIBLE experience with unpleasent staff..I DO NOT RECOMMEND YOU STAY HERE!!!! VERY UNSANITARY--BLOOD on the wall of your hotel room (and the manager said "we are all human-the maid just missed it" BULL!)

• Stayed: March 2007, traveled with friends
1  Thank tgrab
Reviewed March 15, 2007

I went to Seacoast Suites with 4 of my girlfriends, expecting it to be absolutely terrible. When we got there, we were shocked at how wrong the reviews were. The front was beautiful...the lobby was nice (even though it was aged..it looked like the tower of terror hotel). We had a junior suite and it was basic, but awesome. We had two bathrooms (with extremely hot water), two bedrooms, living room, and a fully stocked kitchen with utensils, appliances, and pots/pans. Though it was nothing over the top, it was spacious and very clean. I'm not sure if this was a lucky suite or not, but it seemed like everything people said was wrong.

The only thing that was a bit frustrating was that the pool area was under construction. Still, the beach was absolutely gorgeous and the staff was helpful. We blew a fuse and they fixed it immediatly the next morning. I do have to admit it had a creepy atmosphere...since they were painting on our floor...and some people actually do live there year round. Cleaning a lot lagged...but I think it was because we were in the suite everytime they tried to do so.

There was also an awesome minimart that was great, if you wanted to cook mac n cheese, bagels, etc. Tthough some of the prices were sky high...there was alcohol and cheap snacks.

If you are looking for luxury, this definitely is not the place to stay. But if you are looking for a great basic hotel that you really only need for sleep/eating, then don't hesitate. I had a great time and it was nothing like I imagined.

• Stayed: March 2007, traveled with friends
4  Thank musicsmysoul
Reviewed March 12, 2007

My boyfriend & I got there the 2 last days of our stay because my aunt's condo was a step away. The hotel is very old, there's a humidity smell in the hall. The room we had had 2 double-beds because thats all there was left, the beds were hard as rocks, we didnt even have hot water in the bathroom, we had to call the concierge and it took forever for him to come. The hotel staff dont even speak a word of english, only spanish. The pool is filthy and disgusting, the washrooms close to the pool were horrible!!!! It is sad to present a disgusting hotel like that right next door to beautiful high-ends condos and suites!

Please do not even bother

• Stayed: January 2007, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 25, 2007

I have just come back from Seacrest Suites which bears no relation to their website. The common areas are quite dirty, the pool area is under construction and the restaurant is permanently closed. I told the staff about some broken glass on the tennis courts but it was still there two days later. Our room was dated with dirty cutlery and I endured lukewarm showers for my entire stay. After days of complaints (you really have to keep the pressure on as the management hide in the background) they gave me a free nights stay. The Miami Boat Show was on so I really had no choice to remain there. However, I won't be going back..

Stayed: February 2007