“A good option on South Beach”
Review of Cardozo Hotel

Cardozo Hotel
Ranked #141 of 208 Hotels in Miami Beach
“A good option on South Beach”
Reviewed January 10, 2013

The Cardozo definitely isn't fancy, I would call the rooms adequate; however, the location is perfect. It sits right in the heart of South Beach. The rooms are covered with dark wood and look like they should be a north woods cabin rather than on South Beach. The rooms are small similar to most rooms on South Beach, but hopefully nobody spends much time in their room on South Beach. Service was very good and the workers were friendly.

Room Tip: Try not to get a room facing the back alley; otherwise, you will hear trash trucks at 7:00 the next...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (40)
Fort Myers, Florida
Reviewed January 9, 2013

I checked into the hotel 11/17/2012 & wanted to valet my car. It was not initially clear how to valet, as there were no visible valet staff or a valet desk. I called a friend who had already check in, and she advised me to park in front of the restaurant & let the front desk staff know I wanted to valet my car, which is what I did. I laid my keys down on the counter, advised the front desk attendant, Devin, that I wanted to valet my car and check in. I filled out the required paperwork, including information for my vehicle, and he proceeded to check me in and provide me with my roomkey before turning to help the guest behind me. I absent-mindedly picked up my keys and put them in my purse, then proceeded to go to my room. It wasn't until the next morning upon check-out that I realized this, and discovered that my car had instead been towed. I was excessively frustrated as I travel for work and stay in hotels on a weekly basis and have never seen a valet desk set up internally at the front desk without an attendant in the driveway. Because this is unusual, I feel that it is very important that as a standard part of the check in process, the front desk representative should ENSURE that parking options are addressed. Although I made the mistake of picking up my keys off the counter, I do not feel that the representative fully served me, as he moved on to the next customer before completing the full process with me. Had he gone through the parking options as part of the process, I would have handed him my keys and willingly paid for the service.
What infuriated me more was the response I received from the hotel manager, Maria Loscano. She advised me to calm down and told me that it was my fault because I didn't have a valet ticket (which are distributed by the front desk staff and kept behind the counter) and she took absolutely NO responsiblity for the actions. I was forced to pay $245 to retrieve my car & another $20 for a cab to the towing yard. I mailed a letter to Jesse Abad at the corporate office on 11/28/12, asking for some kind of compensation, as I feel that there was a miss in their check in process and room for process improvement. Because I received absolutely no response from her, I have called and left a message for her with her assistant every day this week. I finally got to speak with her directly this morning, only because I was able to go through an automated phone system and the call wasn't pre-screened by her assistant, only to have her treat me very poorly. She refused to discuss the issue with me, saying she didn't have time to discuss it and had other higher priorities. I find it very sad that someone that is responsible for running a hotel whose business operates on the satisfaction of the guests does not have time to rectify a situation. After I pressed her to make time, she finally agreed to set up a phone call for this Friday, so I've yet to see the end results, but so far I have little faith, based upon the behavior of EVERY staff member that is a part of this hotel. Regardless of how this turns out and whether they make amends, I am still highly disappointed that I have had to fight to even discuss the scenario with the appropriate parties. I would not recommend staying at this hotel and don't intend to stay there again, based upon my recent experience.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
2 Thank dayna b

Travelers are raving about these Miami Beach hotels

Montreal, Canada
Reviewed January 8, 2013

Stayed here for one night on our way home from vacation. We wanted to be in the middle of the art deco district & the Cardozo was a great choice. The beach is directly in front across the road which is pretty close imho. Lots of restaurants to choose from in the vicinity as well as the hotels own restaurant. The building is very charming & the main entrance to the hotel is actually from the side street. The lobby area is tiny, but clean and sweet and yes, there was incense burning but it was not overwhelming nor intrusive. Staff was helpful & friendly. The room was very clean, shiny dark wood floors & walls, white bedspreads and sheets accented with leapord print pillows. We had a renovated bathroom with travertine counter, travertine tiled shower with glass surround and a cute vessel sink. Spotlessly clean.....

Would stay here again without hesitation to enjoy everything South Beach has to offer.

Room Tip: Had room #218
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
London, Canada
Reviewed December 29, 2012

My wife and I ate ate the Cordozoa restaurant as we were walking by and thought it would be good as it was by Gloria Estafan. Drinks $25 each. Food was terrible. Service was horrible - we had to wave down the waitress every time. After asking for the bill, we had to ask 3 more times in order to actually get it. Please do not ever go!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Jeeter
Hereford
Reviewed December 27, 2012

We stayed in this hotel for 5 nights and this hotel really was first class.
Ideally located across from Miami beach, the best restaurants and shops in the city.
Owned by Gloria Estefan I always knew this was going to be a stunning hotel, a credit to ocean drive and I was right.
Spotless, gorgeous decor, spacious bedrooms, helpful and friendly staff, I can't wait to visit this hotel again in a few months time.

Room Tip: Room at front of hotel will get you a view of Miami beach, breathtaking views
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
Naples, Florida
Reviewed November 24, 2012

We stayed here on a Tuesday night when we had tickets to Madonna. This hotel is fantastic. The only negative is the noise but if you are going to stay on ocean drive that is a given. The rooms are beautiful. Well appointed and spacious. The downstairs restaurant is great. The staff is helpful, friendly and welcoming.

This is a great little hotel. Would definitely stay there again.

Room Tip: Ask for a room at the back of the hotel if you want to sleep. If you're there for the party, who...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
Guelph, Canada
Reviewed November 19, 2012

Not having stayed in South Beach we got a deal thru Travel Zoo at this hotel.
Arrived late @ night on Nov 7, 2012 and were received by a nice young lady. Very pleasent and able to help at that late hour. Stayed 3 days, great time
The room was spacious, clean and reasonably appointed .. bathroom a bit small but ok..
Location was great just across from the beach and beach promenade.
The restaurant located at the hotel was very good.. drinks at happy hour 2 for 1 .. although I thought were expensive $24.00 .. they were giant fish bowls ..
Food very good.
Able to walk to all the shopping areas on Collins Ave, Lincoln Ave .. great restaurants in the area

Room Tip: The hotel rooms on the back of the hotel are quieter
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple