“Excellent accommodation”
Review of The Mantell Plaza

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Miami Beach
The Mantell Plaza
Ranked #157 of 212 Hotels in Miami Beach
Reviewed March 2, 2012

The Mantell Plaza is a lovely place to stay - great location in Miami Beach and a lovely block. Our room had a massive fridge freezer, great aircon, deckchairs to take to the beach and the whole building is very pleasant. Our host Marina was very nice too and very helpful.

Literally 2-3 mins from the beach and a minute from major bus routes into Miami itself. There is a 25c bus that takes you all round Miami beach - brilliant. The 150 Airport Flyer costs $2.35 and takes you to within a minute's walk of the apartment which was great.

Miami itself is super - enjoy!

Room Tip: I think we stayed in 542 - great view of the city from high up!
  • Stayed: February 2012, traveled as a couple
8  Thank Allen_CLeeds

Reviewed January 9, 2012

We loved the Mantell Plaza! We had a corner studio that was very bright, well decorated, and well-equiped. The pool area is nice and quiet, and it is a short walk over a scenic pedestrian bridge and then one block to get the beach. Beach chairs and umbrellas were always available to borrow (though it was too windy to use the umbrella). The Mantell Plaza has a beautiful art deco lobby and and a gym! We loved that it was easy to get free parking directly in front of the building and close enough to walk to busier parts of South Beach. Though being able to borrow bikes was a huge boon. It was everything we'd been looking for. We got a discounted no-frills rate for a last minute/same day booking, but even the full price would have been worth it.

Room Tip: Trust Ray to help you pick.
  • Stayed: November 2011, traveled as a couple
6  Thank Pigaway
Reviewed April 2, 2011

My friend and I stayed in the unit #430. Super clean and tidy. Ray is the best host ever! He even made my bed as I was sleeping in the sofa. The fridge was stocked with milk, eggs, yoghurt, orange juice and english muffins! We could borrow bikes for a ride and had a parking spot at no charge.
Location is great, closed from everything but not in the middle of the tourist craze. Decoration of the apartment was ok, but we did not spend much time there anyway. It was clean and that is all that matters. The swimming pool was also nice, surrounded by mature trees/plants. I will stay there again if I go back to Miami.
Thanks, Ray!!!

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled with friends
4  Thank Pat_uxbridge
Reviewed January 14, 2011

My partner and I stayed here for two weeks at the end of December, unfortunately not over Christmas. Lovely little apartment with wonderful facilities. Lovely helpful people. Just a stones through from the beautiful beach and the boardwalk and in a good quiet location close to the main bus routes that have good access to South Beach and other locations. It really made our first trip to Miami and it was a shame we had to go home - Thanks guys

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Lisa F
Reviewed November 10, 2010

I completely lucked out with this one. The Bresaro Suites at the Mantell Plaza are eight units in a remodeled lowrise condo on 24th st and Collins Avenue, at the top of South Beach. Ray and Patrick are the best hosts- they provide an immaculate, pretty apartment that is decorated to feel like a home, with a phone number to reach them anytime you need to. They are minutes away but won't bother you if you want to be on your own. The price is very reasonable considering it includes a full kitchen, some grocery items, parking which can cost $30 a night elsewhere, and tax. There is wifi on the main floor, laundry and a fitness room. The location is fantastic because it is far enough from the beach to be quiet, but close enough to walk to everything. It took me thirty minutes to walk along the ocean boardwalk to the Art Deco welcome center at 10th street. I took the 25 cent bus up to Lincoln Road, and walked back from there. I used my car to go to the Vizcaya Museum, the Biltmore Hotel and Key Biscayne. I loved Miami and can't wait to go back, and will definitely stay with Ray and Patrick again. Oh I'll just mention that you must pay by cash or traveler's cheque.

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled solo
5  Thank ViewFromMe
Reviewed September 27, 2010

I stayed at room 504: Dirty, very dirty;
bathroom full of hair and mold!! Kitchen was not cleaned, all the pots and pans put back in the cabinets without being washed.
The most horrible thing were BED BUGS!! (why play cleaning fees???).
The hotel itself, very nice. Clean and very nice pool and fitness area.
A shame of room 504. Remember to check what room you are staying in.

Stayed: September 2010, traveled as a couple
9  Thank southbeachmantell
Reviewed March 5, 2010

I had the pleasure of staying at the Mantell Plaza for 10 days. Unfortunately it was for too short a period. I felt immediately at home and with the swimming pool and GYM facilities on the ground floor we had all the ammenities, one would need. The apartment was tastefully fitted out and it's cleanliness was of a very high standard. Very close to the beach, shopping, WIFI connection and if one did not have their computer with them, the local library offers free interent access on registration.

• Stayed: February 2010, traveled with friends