“Great hotel and great staff!”
Review of La Flora

La Flora
Ranked #18 of 210 Hotels in Miami Beach
Reviewed April 29, 2014

I would like to thank the staff of La Flora, they made our stay speacial!
We booked the hotel for our honeymoon stay in Miami Beach, the hotel is great, the location is perfect - direct access to the beach, they provide to you with the beach towel, also they offer a complimentary happy hour!
Our papers and credit cards were stollen the day we arrived to Miami, when we arrived to the hotel the staff made everything in order to help us solve the situation, moreover the manager Ross offered to us a bottle of champagne so we could relax and a gentle card that helped us to overcome the situation.
We appreciated the service provided by everyone in the hotel: you are a great!
French honeymooners

Review collected in partnership with this hotel
There are newer reviews for La Flora

Reviewed April 18, 2014

OK, in South Beach a hotel choice is a crap shoot, but from the moment we walked in it felt right and they upgraded our room to a suite because it was our anniversary. However, the hotel has a policy for guest of free drinks between 6-7 and it isn't cheap liquors it's all the expensive names and the bartender Diane is so worth sitting and making friends with (and it isn't hard). She blends any drink you can think of old school just a shaker!

Trust us she is a great bartender, bright, articulate, very cute and the nicest personality you could imagine and a wealth of knowledge.

Just shut up and book your room, it's the place to be!

2  Thank OnePlaneAway
Reviewed April 15, 2014

Yet again this cozy place was my hotel selection during WMC2014(last week of march). Booked very last minute and got a very low price (again!)- other hotels were 400$ a night and up...
As soon as we arrived , the front desk was very happy to assist us and showed us to our room in less than 5 minutes(in most hotels it takes forever and a half) :)
The atmosphere here was still the same - friendly and helpful staff, quiet and clean rooms with nice sets of crispy white towels every day(and the most comfortable beds I ever slept on :) )
Each morning everyone is more than welcome to join for a free breakfast and also if you missed breakfast hours- they do leave freshly made coffee on the bar stand for next 2-3 hours.
The Hotel is still smoke-free, but you are welcome to smoke on their little terrace. The bartender will even bring you an ashtray. Did I mention that the terrace's furniture is super comfortable too?
I absolutely love this place and recommend it to anyone who's planning on staying in South Beach Area. The Location is in the middle of all the action , no matter which time of the year you traveling in - just 1 block away from the famous Ocean Drive and the beach itself.
As for me- this place got me totally hooked and I will be back next year, if not sooner.:)
Thank you La Flora (or should I say La Lovely :) ) staff for making my stay amazing again . XOXOXO :)

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled with friends
3  Thank JulianaK4
Reviewed April 15, 2014

We chose this hotel based on previous reviews as we were spending a few days in Miami prior to a cruise. The hotel was very convient for all the attractions of South Beach and more than lived up to its reviews. All the staff were so helpful and went out of their way to make sure we had everything we needed, down to printing out some late cruise info that was e-mailed too late to print before we left home.
We were luck enough to be upgraded to a suite on arrival and this was superb. The free breakfast was basic but more that adequate for us. The hotel was fully booked when we were there but no-one had to wait for their breakfast. The complimentary cocktails went down very well.
I had read that there may be some noise at night so came prepared with ear plugs and eye mask and slept really well in very comfortable beds.
If ever we return to Miami we will definately return here!

Room Tip: Our corner suite was large and sunny but could be noisy. Hence ear plugs. Made it great place to st...
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
2  Thank marilynWalesUK
Reviewed April 14, 2014

My husband and I stayed at the hotel for a couple of nights and loved it. The staff is very friendly, especially the bartender. Along with making great drinks, she's welcoming, friendly and fun to chat with. The hotel has free wifi and the room was very comfortable. A bit small, but the hotel was built in 1929, so that's to be expected. They work with a cab company, so we had no problem getting transportation to the airport. The only complaint I have is that they didn't have extra blankets! Granted, it is Miami and it was 75 degrees outside, but I like to sleep with a bunch of blankets.

1  Thank Rebeccavn37
Reviewed March 30, 2014

I rarely if ever give reviews, but the staff and service of this place compelled me to add my 2 cents. I stayed here for a week and Diane the bartender is an amazing person with a great attitude and quite skilled at specialty cocktails( I even offered her a job at a restaurant I manage in NY) . Please check her out at Happy Hour!!! The front staff ( Carlos and team ) were great in executing a surprise for my best friend's birthday and really made it special for her with their attention. I was concerned about sleeping with the noise at nights especially since I travelled in March, but happy to report my room faced none of that difficulty. A great added benefit is their continental breakfast. My friend and I enjoyed ours sitting on their outdoor patio basking in the early sun rays. Definitely a breakfast treat while on vacation and coming from the freezing temps in NY. I have been coming to Miami's south beach area for over 10 years and stayed at several other hotels but have never experienced such exceptional service. Already planning my next visit and thankful I don't have to spend weeks shopping around for value and quality. Kudos to management for assembling this team!!!!

Room Tip: Never near elevator door
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
3  Thank Charles W
Reviewed March 27, 2014

Imhad the pleasure to revisit this wonderful, perfectly located hotel. I had encouraged my brother and his wife to also stay at LaFlora while we were attending a wedding in South Beach. We all had a wonderful time. Hotel and South Beach were very busy as it was spring break. The complimentary breakfast is a added attraction as well as complimentary Happy Hour!! The staff is very accommodating and the friendliness of everyone makes for an enjoyable stay. You cannot beat the location and have i recommended LaFlora to several of my friends.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family