WINNER WONDERLAND

Review of La Flora

La Flora
Ranked #17 of 202 Hotels in Miami Beach
South Africa
“Fantastic experience at La Flora”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 19, 2013 via mobile

I booked this hotel after reading favourable reviews on Trip Advisor and also because the price was so good! We were not disappointed. The hotel was immaculately clean, our room was enormous and had everything we needed. The room was spotless, large flat screen TV, huge closet, comfortable sofa, large light windows, silent efficient airconditioner, hot shower, huge bath. The staff were also incredibly friendly and helpful. The location is perfect for South Beach, we walked everywhere! Just a stroll to the famous Espanola Way for dinner and also the fabulous shopping area of Lincoln Road. Not to mention the amazing beach and strip one block away. We will never stay anywhere else in South Beach. Superb!

• Stayed September 2013
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (166)
  • Turkish first
Denver, Colorado, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 17, 2013

I was working in Miami on business and I found this little gem of a hotel to stay in. It was great for me, since I found parking across the street at low fees. It turned out I didn't even drive while I was at this hotel, since it was within easy walking range to everything I needed, for dining, entertainment and the work I was doing. My room was nice, stylish and clean. The lobby was great, it has a stunning tiled entrance and a bar right there that was really convenient, I actually did most of my work right there at the hotel. The internet was good in my room, but I found I enjoyed working in the lobby as well, since the internet was great there as well, and I could be treated at the bar. I think the most memorable thing about my stay, was the staff that I had contact with during my stay. They all seemed to have infectious personalities which made me feel right at home, even though it was a work trip. This isn't easy to accomplish, but I would say management has worked carefully on how they want staff to show care and interest to their guests. Not something I often find when I stay in Miami. The rates were more than reasonable, I can say for certain, I will be planning more stays at this lovely hotel. Thank you.

Room Tip: I think the quieter rooms are nearer the back of the hotel, away from the bar, although I never hear...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 11, 2013

This is a real find, located very close to South Beach on one side, and on the other you have the restaurants of Espanola Way and within a short walk are the Lincoln Road Malls. The hotel is small, cosy and friendly. The reception staff are really friendly and gave helpful advice. They even give you a free welcome dring at the bar when you arrive. There is no restaurant but a simple breakfast is served from the bar for the guests to have in the reception foyer.The rooms were clean and the air con worked well. There is valet parking available for $25/day. However there are private parking lots about a block south for $20 a day as well as a municipal parking lot. This hotel has no great bells and whistles, its niche is its location and its friendliness and represents great value for money. I would be happy to return here

Room Tip: Valet parking is convenient but car parked somewhere else and can be delayed when returned Beach to...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Zurich, Switzerland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 8, 2013

This hotel is very close to all places you want to go when you're in South Beach but most important it is CLEAN!

After 4 nights we decided to stay another 3 nights without any concerns.

Beach, Ocean Drive (Bars), Espanola Way (Dining) and Lincoln Rde (Shopping, Dining) are very close. Also the Versace Mansion is not far away.

When you go to beach they will give you a beach towel and they also have few sun umbrellas.

We also booked our boat tour through the reception. (Price was the same).

They let us also stay longer in our room as we had our flight back home late in the evening.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Jacksonville, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 6, 2013

We went with this hotel based on its 8 out of 158 best hotels in Miami. We were pretty pleased with our decision. We only stayed at La Flora for one night last week, but we thoroughly enjoyed it. We arrived early before check in time, and was given upgraded king Suite room immediately by Carlos at front desk as per instructions from Manager Mrs. Ros G who was so helpful and friendly. The room was perfect, very clean. I loved the vinyl wood floors and leather furnishing! Complimentary breakfast in the morning, complimentary welcome drink from bar and free high-speed internet access. This Boutique hotel is only one block from famous beaches and attractions of Miami South Beach, you can walk to the beach in five minutes. The hotel also provides beach towels & umbrellas. Excellent staff which includes Carlos, Lewis, John and all of house keeping. Good job La Flora.

1 Thank Jazzynola
Miami, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 2, 2013

This small, updated hotel on Collins Avenue at 13th Street in South Beach is PERFECT for a 1 or 2 night stay. The location allowed easy walking access to South Point Park (to watch the cruise ships leave), Lincoln Avenue for great people watching and Hispaniola Way for the European dining scene. We also took our beach chairs and spent our second day there. The entire hotel was very clean. Our room was freshly painted with a contemporary feel. The linens were fresh and the bed was comfortable. We asked for a quiet room and got room 307 on the top floor on the south side of the building. The entire staff was very accommodating to our every need. We did not hear any of the usual South Beach party scene noise in this room.
We go to South Beach often and have stayed in many different hotels. This by far is the best deal and we look forward to booking there again.

Room Tip: Rooms on the south side of the building, 3rd floor, room 307 or near there.
Αθήνα, Ελλάδα
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 30, 2013

We wanted to combine our 1st year anniversary and our summer vacations. We wanted a place well located in South Beach and at the same time calm and relaxing. We needed wifi, morning coffee and some good advice regarding the restaurants of the area. We found it all – and much more than that! La Flora was the most welcoming, unpretentious and accommodating hotel we’ve ever been to! We are not exaggerating: We’ve booked for 12 nights and asked for a quite room, they found out about our anniversary and not only they’ve upgrade us to a King Suite, but they also surprised us with a bottle of champagne in our room! Do I need to say more? Clean beach towels every day, excellent housekeeping and a big smile from all the staff, especially the General Manager, Ms. Gottuso who showed us true care and hospitality. Thank you La Flora for making this summer a very special one. We will certainly be back soon!

• 4 of 5 bubbles