“Best Miami Visit To Date”
Review of La Flora

La Flora
Ranked #18 of 212 Hotels in Miami Beach
Reviewed August 7, 2013

I recently stayed at La Flora Hotel! The staff and management there were excellent!

The room was perfect and the staff was even better! I will definitely be going back to stay at this hotel! Complimentary breakfast in the morning and even a complimentary drink in the evening.

Even after I checked out the hotel I was allowed to hold my luggae there until I left and was allowed to shower afterwards coming from the beach.

- Joselann

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with friends

Reviewed July 31, 2013

To start off, the staff behind the reservation desk was very friendly. John (I believe his name was) actually suggested a cheaper alternative for parking rather than making an extra buck off of us for valet parking at the hotel. There is a parking lot (public) right next to the hotel which absolutely fantastic in South Beach, trust me. The room was nice and quiet, although we had issues with the A/C at first. All it took was a quick call to the front desk, he came up and flipped a switch for us. (Felt quite silly). The location is amazing, right in the middle of everything. It was nice to be able to walk every where at night and experience what South Beach has to offer as well as the beach being RIGHT across the street. The actual sleep was great, was not disturbed by noise. Breakfast was a simple, yet filling continental style, which I very much enjoyed. Check out was painless, and for the very reasonable price (college student here), I would definitely recommend it to others.

1  Thank Phoebe P
Reviewed July 30, 2013

hey guys---hubbie and i totally enjoyed our stay. we called the hotel "as soon as we landed" and they were able to prepare our room for us for a NOON check-in, INSTEAD of 4pm--how cool!!! the room was cute, cozy, and clean!! (pics to follow) the location was awesome!! 1 block over from the beach/more shops/clubs!! honestly--the times we weren't strolling on ocean drive getting a sip or two or three-lol, we were chilling on the cute outdoor seating area at the hotel-sight seeing. the staff was just soo warm, welcoming, as well as accommodating--it was about 4 in the morning-i had the munchies and needed my cold pizza warmed--went to front desk and they were happy to re-heat my cold pizza:) water pressure is great and water is nice and hot. the complimentary welcoming drink was cool and appreciated (bottom shelf of course-lol)!! the only gem this hotel was missing was a pool overlooking the city:):) we would have also loved some fresh air from locked windows. oh, and need a cabbie-they'll call one for you:) ooh, and the doorman, was an unexpected pleasant surprise all wekeend:) overall, this hotel made us feel special/important/valued. they were all smiles!! good job #teamlaflora !!

Room Tip: no radio in room:(---
1  Thank Tye G
Reviewed July 29, 2013

We only stayed at La Flora for one night last week, but we thoroughly enjoyed it. Everyone at the front desk was so helpful & friendly. Our room wasn't quite ready when we arrived, so we were given bottles of water while we waited. We also talked with the staff about where to go, where to eat, etc. They have great recommendations, plus a voucher for a free drink at the bar. (It was pretty weak, but hey...it was free.)

Our room was small & basic, but nice. It's an old hotel, which I love, so the rooms aren't spacious & luxurious like many modern hotels. It has character! Comfortable bed, cool bathroom, a refrigerator, more (free) bottles of water - everything we needed. My only complaint about our room was the light coming in at night. The windows are covered with wooden blinds, which let in a LOT of light at night, & we were in a corner room so we had three windows. There was also some noise at night from the public parking lot below, so if you're a light sleeper bring two things: ear plugs & an eye mask!

The location of this hotel is perfect. It's not right on the ocean, but it's only one block over & we could walk to the beach in five minutes. The hotel also provides beach towels & umbrellas, which is nice...especially since there is NO shade on the beach & the sun is hot in the summer!

Breakfast is basic, but adequate: cereal, muffins, fruit, coffee. It was nice not having to go out since restaurants in Miami can be pricey.

Overall, I would stay here again thanks to the wonderful staff, great location, & good bargain for South Beach!

Reviewed July 24, 2013

I originally booked in another hotel but left immediately after check-in. La Flora was half the price therfre expected the worst. How pleasantly surprised when I arrived and was greeted by the receptionist who guess who I was and welcomed me by name. She checked me in quickly, told me about the included breakfast and gave me a voucher for the a drink at the bar. The room was on the fist floor and was well equipped, clean and bed comfortable. Such a relief. I stayed out late and when I overslept for checkout, I called to ask for a late extension and was told no problem and allowed to stay until 1 pm without charge. Would highly recommend this hotel for location, cleanliness and extremely friendly staff. A pleasure!

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed July 22, 2013

My wife and I jumped down to Miami South Beach for a few days last weekend and while I wanted to stay near the beach I didn't want to pay those rates so I looked for something close to the action. The hotel is in a great spot and easy walking distance to the beach and strip. We had very good service from Carlos who valeted our car to Carlos who checked us in. We had room 211 which was a King Suite and was very large looking out on Collins. The rooms are modern and sparse which fits the art deco theme of the area. We had a refrig, coffee maker, large TV, very comfortable bed and nice sized bathroom. Don't expect luxury in regards to bathroom supplies (e.g. soap and shampoo) and stepping out of the shower/tub is a pretty big step so make sure you have a towel ready. There is a bar and you get a free drink when you check-in (well vodka or scotch and a mixer), you have to get ice from the bar/front desk and parking is either meter(pain), public ($15 - $20) or valet with in/out as needed for $25, pick valet in my opinion.

Reviewed July 20, 2013

My granddaughters and I stay in La Flora Hotel in Miami Beach Art Deco district the first weekend of July. It was a wonderful experience. The girls ( twelve and fourteen) really enjoy it. We had a huge suite with a quality mattress and corner windows with amazing views of The Art Deco District skyline. Although being in the middle of the buzz of South Beach, we heard no noise and could sleep nicely; however I think the best part of LA FLORA HOTEL is its employees.
Carlos and company were always there four us when we need them.
I having travel around the world a lot, can say : The unique service and its personnel is what stands up for this small amazing hotel !

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family