“Great Location, Comfortable Sleep. 1 minor issue.”
Review of La Flora

La Flora
Ranked #18 of 212 Hotels in Miami Beach
Reviewed May 15, 2013

My sister and I stayed here April 27, 2013 as a kick off to our first cruise.
We arrived at the hotel at 3pm and our room was ready within a few minutes. We met Carlos at the front desk who gave us our coupons for our free drinks, advised us about beach towels, breakfast the next morning, ect.

The room was awesome. We booked a 'Deluxe 2 Bed Suite' our room overlooked Collins Ave (which was very noisy when trying to sleep, granted it was a Saturday night, not the hotels fault by any means)
There was a mini fridge in the room as well as a separate living area. The beds reminded me of my grandparents old farmhouse, really high and soft. Super comfy.

We were able to walk around Ocean Dr and around Collins Ave. Grabbed lunch at a place on Ocean (I think it was called Ocean Ten We paid $35 ish dollars for a Margarita, they were BOGO, but it was massively huge and not very good. But that has nothing to do with the hotel!!

My ONLY complaint... (which has since been addressed by management, as much as possible considering)
The next morning I went to get in the shower. There is no way to fully explain how the bathtub/shower is, but I will try. The tub is VERY deep and when standing in front of the tub there is a glass wall 3/4 of the way across the expanse of the tub that is fixed in place. It does not slide. You have a small section to try and step into the tub with a handle on the end wall. I was being as careful as possible (firmly holding the bar at the end), but when my foot touched the bottom of the tub there was some water down there and I slipped. I had a good grip on the railing, but my leg dragged down the tile edge on the outside of the tub and the bruise started immediately followed by a giant bump.
I finished my shower as quickly as possible, got out and called down to the front desk to ask for some ice. I told them that I fell in the tub and was in a great deal of pain and they asked if I wanted them to run up some ice. I said yes, that would be wonderful. After waiting 15 min my sister went down with a ziplock bag and got it herself.
Nothing was said an hour and a half later when we checked out. (and my sister did bring it up) I was left feeling let down that I did not even get an apology for the situation. And I will repeat, nobody from the hotel pushed me, I fell- Me, Myself & I, but it still happened due to the lack of anti slip things in the tub and that glass being in the way.

*****When I said that the matter has been since resolved, I had contacted the hotel before I decided to write my review, in hopes that somebody would be willing to address the situation and perhaps offer an explanation as to why nobody was willing to help.
Ros (General Manager) called me almost immediately to find out what exactly had happened. After letting her know, she advised that she would speak to Carlos and contact me back.
Carlos has since emailed me to apologize for not responding in a better manner and Ros has apologized profusely for the situation. She has also let me know that they have decided to remove the glass walls on the bathtubs, which if they had not been there, this would never have happened. I would have been able to sit on the edge and and get in.

I am extremely satisfied with the outcome, all things considering.
I am looking forward to visiting Miami again in the future and I will happily stay at La Flora Hotel.

If anybody has any questions, please feel free to ask!!

Darla

Room Tip: Rooms at the front (opposite side of parking lot) can be very loud at night due to the bar? next doo...
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled with friends
Ms. Ros G, General Manager at La Flora, responded to this reviewResponded May 16, 2013

A Saturday night in South Beach offers a fun atmosphere and yes it can get a little upbeat but having a cozy comfy bed the Zzzzs eventually take you into sleep mode. Being centrally located makes it all the much easier to walk to restaurants and just one block to the famous Ocean Drive and yes those Margaritas can be quite something ! As for the minor issue which we have discussed in length and you have accepted my sincere apologies it is so nice to know that you will be returning to Miami and will happily come back to stay with us and I personally look forward to meeting you both !

Reviewed May 14, 2013

My friend and I were here for two nights. After a 20-hour-trip from Holland, we arrived. We felt welcome from the beginning to the end. It is a comfortable no-nonsense hotel on a great location. Nice people. Valet parking. A welcomedrink at the bar located in the hotellobby and a free upgrade from a standard to a large double room. Ocean Drive and other streets nearby have lots of nice bars & restaurants, as well as supermarkets and shops. Breakfast is ok. The Cuban lady sure knows how to make a real good cup of coffee!

• Stayed: May 2013
Ms. Ros G, General Manager at La Flora, responded to this reviewResponded May 15, 2013

Making our guests feel welcome in the middle of South Beach is the most valuable part of our customer service and I quite like the “no nonsense” comment because we do take the “no nonsense” away from your vacation so you can enjoy all we have to offer, we want you and every guest to be a happy camper !
Thank you so much for your lovely review and hurry back … your coffee is waiting

Reviewed May 12, 2013 via mobile

La Flora is in the perfect location to explore beautiful Miami. It's a 5 minute walk to the beach and plenty of bars and restaurants (Spiga next door is fab). Reception staff really couldn't do more for us, super friendly and helpful at every opportunity. The breakfast was great with plenty of options for everyone. Our room was a comfortable size with all the amenities we needed, my only complaint would be the dark hairs around the sink and floor. But don't let that put you off. Highly recommend, we will be back!

• Stayed: May 2013

Once again our location, friendly staff and hotel in general is a comfortable hit with our guests and from your detailed review everything was up to standard with the exception of a small complaint which I have addressed with our housekeeping department. Thank you for making La Flora your hotel of choice whilst in South Beach and for your lovely review and high recommendations … we look forward to your return !!!

Reviewed May 9, 2013 via mobile

My wife and I can only say great things about this hotel. We drove down from Orlando for a two night stay and from the moment we arrived the staff were courteous and polite. Carlos at reception was brilliant he organised along with Ros the English manager valet parking for our car taking the worry and stress away from us on where would be the best place to park it, this cost $25 per day a bargain. The room was very clean and spacious on the third floor, room 312. The hotel is located in the heart of the action, 1 block from Ocean Drive and all its world famous attractions and of course the beautiful beach. Beach towels are supplied free of charge from the hotel which was brilliant and we took advantage of this.
Breakfast is simple but ample and the service is efficient. Night staff were also very polite and helpful. Our whole experience was wonderful on South Beach Miami made even more wonderful because of the staff and excellent location of the La Flora Hotel. ....Thank you all, we cannot recommend this hotel enough...it's brilliant!

1  Thank Harb
Ms. Ros G, General Manager at La Flora, responded to this reviewResponded May 10, 2013

It was so nice to see you both having a great time and a pleasure to have you as our guests. It is such a huge bonus to be so centrally located to all the action,one block from the beach and Ocean Drive which is always very entertaining. Thank you for taking full advantage of all we have to offer and for your high recommendations and lovely review …. Just Brilliant - Hurry Back !!!!

Reviewed May 7, 2013

I checked in at 2:00pm last Friday after my conference, and the room 204 was not ready yet (only 10 minutes wait). I was well greeted at the front desk, and sat at the comfortable lobby with wifi access. Before I walked to my room, the general manager greeted me again with apology for the wait (I didn’t mind the wait at all).
The room is fairly large with full of natural light (it’s corner room with many windows), hardwood floor, comfortable bed, washroom with window, and two bottle of complimentary water….. I love it… :)
I also received a complimentary cocktail drink, and breakfast…. :)
For sure I will be back for the next time... :)
Only three minutes walk to the beach and few minutes away from shopping/restaurant area.... it's great location.

Room Tip: I got room 204 which is in the back of the building and away from the parking lots... :)
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled solo

Sounds like you had a great stay from start to finish, even though 3pm is check in time we do try to allow our guests an early arrival when permitted and as the GM it was my pleasure to assure you that your room would be ready momentarily.For sure you will be back and for sure we will be awaiting your return …. thank you for a lovely review !!!

Reviewed May 7, 2013 via mobile

My husband and I just arrived home from our recent stay at La flora. I booked the hotel based on the reviews I had read on TA. We were amazed by the friendly and attentive service we received from Terryn ( I hope I spelled her name right) when we arrived early she ensured our room was made ready as soon as possible and made sure our luggage was stored in our room while we went out and explored SoBe. All the staff were very friendly, which we appreciated as good service is hard to find these days. We felt very welcome. Our room was comfortable and clean. The only area of improvement we recommend is the bathroom in rm 106. The lighting was very dark, there was a deep and large gaping hole in the bathroom floor which guests may cut their feet on if barefoot and the shower desperately
needs a shelf for storage of bath essentials. Overall though we were very pleased!

• Stayed: May 2013
Ms. Ros G, General Manager at La Flora, responded to this reviewResponded May 9, 2013

It’s quite the pleasure to read once again that our wonderful guests are enjoying their stay with us based on Tripadvisor reviews and to mention the excellent customer service that our staff provided is very special and as the GM it is always my pleasure to share our guests comment and especially Taryn (akaTerryn) providing you with attentive friendly service. With regard to area of improvement we checked the bathroom and yes you’re absolutely correct with this type of natural marble stone sometimes they come with small holes and in this case we were able to seal the area in question and we also improved the lighting by increasing the wattage.
Thank you for your lovely review and look forward to seeing you both again !

Reviewed May 7, 2013

My husband and I are in our late 40s and just wanted to get away to the beach for a weekend and relax. Choose this hotel based on past reviews and we were not disappointed. When we arrived at Miami airport we used the bus. The bus stop was not even a block from the hotel. Very convenient and inexpensive. Everyone that worked at the hotel (behind the desk, bar/breakfast area, maid) were very friendly. Our room was perfect, no complaints. The bed was very comfortable. We had a cooler and couldn't find a vending machine for ice. When asked the front desk, it was no problem. They provided us with ice each day from the bar area. A great plus! It was a short block walk to the beach. This hotel was within 2 blocks from the nightlife, plenty of restrauants. No need for a rental here. We didn't care that there wasn't a pool as we were there for the beach. There was only one evening where the music kept me awake, but I suppose that's to be expected. Since that was our first time visiting Miami we scoped out other hotels in the area and I know for a fact that we wouldn't stay anywhere else.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank cashspa1983
Ms. Ros G, General Manager at La Flora, responded to this reviewResponded May 8, 2013

It is so nice to see that a great deal of our guests are making Tripadvisor there reason for staying with us and you were not disappointed. As a team we are very eager to offer a friendly smile with comfortable customer service and knowing you had an enjoyable stay and found the level of service and quality to your standards makes us very happy. A warm thank you for your kind review and we look forward to seeing you both again - hurry back !!!