La Flora
$322
$517
$362
  • Pool
Shore Club South Beach Hotel(Miami Beach)(Great Value!)
$187
Official Site
  • Pool
Fontainebleau Miami Beach(Miami Beach)
$299
$201
$168
  • Beachfront
The Palms Hotel & Spa(Miami Beach)
$211
$179
thepalmshotel.com
  • Pool
Grand Beach Hotel(Miami Beach)(Great Value!)
$440
$249
  • Pool
Eden Roc Miami Beach Resort(Miami Beach)
$262
$248
  • Beachfront
Hilton Cabana Miami Beach(Miami Beach)(Great Value!)
$183
$172
1,583 results
All reviewshappy hourocean drivegreat locationin south beachfree drinksboiled eggsbeach towelsbottle of champagnethe general managercontinental breakfastcollins avenueart deco hotelespanola waypublic parkingking suiteour honeymoonyogurt
Reviewed March 15, 2013

I cannot say enough nice things about the staff at La Flora. Everyone went out of their way to make our stay comfortable. Sorry, if I put in excess info, but I figure some of his may be useful to anyone visiting the area. Before our arrival, I had a package sent to the hotel, and sent an email to make sure it wasn't an issue, and I had a quick response back, that it wasn't a problem. The hotel is located on Collins Avenue a block away from the ocean. We found it to be a good location because we were in walking distance of pretty much anything. It's a pretty easy layout to figure out. You only need to learn a few roads, and you can get around. Washington, Collins, Ocean, and Lincoln will be the main roads. Breakfast is included with your room. It runs from 7:30 to 9:30 during the week and 8 to 10 on the weekend. Of course, you're told all of this when you get there, but it's good to know ahead of time. Don't expect anything fancy. The fact that there's a breakfast at all seemed like a bonus to me. It was the same thing pretty much every day we were there, and to me the food seemed to be more of a mix to accommodate the foreign visitors. There's coffee, milk, tea, and orange juice to drink. They serve mini muffins (poppy, blueberry, and banana nut) that vary on different days. There's also boiled eggs, bagels (cinnamon raisin, plain, garlic, *I think one other kind) and cereal (corn flakes, fruit loops, raisin bran, and grape nuts). There was also green apples which my wife would grab and snack on throughout the day. I'm a simple person, and this was plenty for me, but if not, there are other options around for breakfast. As said earlier, expect foreign tourists from everywhere. I found it added to our stay as I like to people watch, and listen to people speaking various languages (German, French, Spanish, Russian, Italian). My wife was expecting more time in the water. Even though it stayed pretty warm during our visit, the water was chilly. The staff managed to step up to the plate though, and recommended a few excursions that kept us entertained. We took a hop on hop off tour that let us go visit Jungle Island which was kind of like a tropical zoo that let us interact with some animals (be prepared to pay if you want to get closer to some of the animals). Unfortunately, we didn't get to see the whole tour, and just made the beach loop due to our time at Jungle Island. The following day we went on a trip to the Everglades to see alligators. Now, I'm from Louisiana originally, so alligators aren't that big of a thing for me, but my wife and son enjoyed it, and we got to ride on an airboat, which I'd never done (another note, the brochure shows a 2 seat airboat, but the one you ride in is built to hold probably 20 tourists). Now, back to the hotel. :) I don't want to come off sounding like I'm saying anything negative about the hotel, because I'd return here in an instant, but I don't want anyone thinking they were mislead. I myself would consider this to be a budget hotel. When I was researching myself, I was looking for a good rated hotel for a reasonable price. The hotel is near the beach, sand will be part of the experience. You'll also need to get your beach towels from the front desk. There should be a couple in your room when you get there, but we had to get ours from the front desk after that. Getting towels was never an issue. There's no one there with a clipboard tracking your towel use. :) The water was always hot in the shower, but the water pressure seemed a little low, but again fine for me. Also, don't expect a coffee pot in the room. I was ok, since I went downstairs every morning to have a cup of coffee, and there's a Starbucks about a block away, but I know it could be an issue for someone who may have an urge to drink coffee or even tea at an irregular time. Another head's up, the breakfast bar, becomes an actual bar later in the evening. You'll be given a drink voucher when you arrive (another bonus). I know you may worry about the noise, but were on the third floor, and never heard any noise. Another random thought, the elevator moves about as fast as just walking up the stairs. It became a fun contest for my 7 year old to see which one of us would be faster. Be prepared to pay included gratuities at most places that you eat. I'd figure that this is due to the number of foreign visitors. Also, I would think it's common sense, but this is a tourist area, and you will pay more at TGIFridays here than at home. I'd say my bill there was about $25 more than it would be at home in Texas. The only major thing I could think of that I would've liked would be the ability to pay for the hotel upfront, and that just may be me. I don't like knowing that I have a big bill hanging out there, and I'd rather have paid it upfront, so I wouldn't have to worry about it at the end of my trip. So, to sum it up, stay here, you won't regret it!

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Ponderdog
Ms. Ros G, General Manager at La Flora, responded to this reviewResponded March 19, 2013

Excess Info is always welcomed and yes you have pleasantly summed us up and making you and your family comfortable was our pleasure ! Your detailed review really helps future guests to make their decision and my experience in conversation with past and presents guests is that Tripadvisor has proved to be an excellent tool to decide on the correct accommodation that offers Value, Cleanliness, Location and we are pleased that our guests have found that with us and more.
A warm thank you for sharing your thoughts and we look forward to seeing you all again !

Reviewed March 14, 2013

I stayed here for 4 nights for a last minute get away to visit friends. The hotel was in a perfect location and the staff was warm and welcoming under the leadership of Roz, the GM. The room was spacious, clean and had a large flat screen TV. A continental breakfast was included and the room was very quiet in spite of it's central location. Everything is within walking distance and the South Beach $.25 shuttle bus is one block away when you don't feel like walking. Taxis are always easy to find. The beach is 2 blocks away but there is no pool. A great find and value even during high season!

Room Tip: Ask for a sunny room.
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled with friends
Ms. Ros G, General Manager at La Flora, responded to this reviewResponded March 18, 2013

Enjoying a last minute getaway is always exciting especially when you select a hotel in a perfect location, great value and a warm welcome .Your review reflects an enjoyable stay, being centrally located to all the wonderful attractions and enjoying our friendly staff we thank you for sharing your comments with us … Until the next time !

Reviewed March 12, 2013

My husband and I just returned from a 4-night stay in South Beach where we stayed at La Flora - we had such a wonderful time! I'll probably be repeating what a lot of reviewers already said, but I think these are things that are worth repeating in order to help others make their accommodation decision when planning a trip here! First off, the location of La Flora cannot be beat - 1 block from the beach and Ocean Drive, short walk to all the best restaurants and bars - there's definitely no need for a car! Take the 150 Metrobus ("Airport Flyer") from the airport to Washington and 13th Ave - just $2.35/person and a 1 block walk to the hotel! And cabs are easy to get right outside the hotel so if you plan on going out somewhere a further distance, just grab one!

Second, the staff is extremely nice - special shout-out to Carlos, Teren (sp?), and Ros for making our stay such a wonderful experience! They're great with any help you may need, whether it's more towels or toiletries for the room, restaurant tips, or transportation advice - you just get the sense that all they want to do is help you out! Yesterday when we we leaving, since we didn't have to leave for the airport until after checkout, we left our bags in their locked room and headed to the beach for a few hours. When we returned and asked if we could freshen up before leaving for the airport, not only did Ros let us use the employee bathroom, she brought us fresh towels and soap - and even offered to open a room so we could take a shower! I have never been treated so kindly by a hotel before.

Now, if you're looking for a luxury hotel with all the "bells and whistles," this is not the place for you - but if you're looking for a great value, I highly recommend La Flora. The rooms are on the small side (although I heard the deluxe rooms are bigger) and I can see how some of the rooms can take in a lot of noise (we were on the south side of hotel, not above the lobby on the second floor - so we were fine), but request a quieter room and I'm sure they'll do what they can to accommodate your request (they did for us). Another nice touch, you can pick up a fresh beach towel everyday from the front desk - you can rent chairs on the beach for a hefty price, but we bought chairs at Walgreens on the first day for $14.99 each and on our last day, gave them to another couple on the beach. :) Continental breakfast is available everyday, but it's very basic - if you're looking for something more gourmet, there are many (many!) places to walk to along Collins Ave and Ocean Dr that have breakfast deals (which is what we did).

If we return to South Beach, we will most definitely be staying at La Flora again!

Room Tip: Rooms on the south side away from the lobby are quieter - I heard the 3rd floor is the best.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank dweller24
Ms. Ros G, General Manager at La Flora, responded to this reviewResponded March 13, 2013

Wow it only seems like this afternoon that you both left !
Thank you for your great review and yes you are repeating what the majority of our fabulous guests have already said but being consistent and confirming what we have to offer helps others to make that decision with ease and know exactly what’s on the menu.
A big special shout back for being such nice guests and from the team ... a big thank you !

Reviewed March 9, 2013

Not only you can find here nice, clean and comfortable accommodation in a lovely location but also customer service is beyond your belief.
I lost something valuable to me in shopping centre, by the time I realised that shops were already closed and I was coming back home following morning 5am, I was so desperate. I contact the manager, Ros, this beautiful person, not only rang the shops to find my missing item but also she went there, collected it, and then posted to me. She made my trip a happy ending one. Dear Ros, thanks again and again, your are special.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank travelover100000

Your wonderful comments and overall ratings are very much appreciated and for us the main ingredients for a happy guest is ... clean ...comfortable ... centrally located and friendly staff offering excellent customer service with a very, very happy ending !!!
Thank you for your kind review and allowing us to make your experience an awesome one !!!

Reviewed March 5, 2013

Stayed here for 2 nights before going on a cruise in Feb. There were 3 of us and the room we had was brilliant. Big room with 2 queen sized beds, and then another large sitting area and bathroom. Excellent size.

Staff very pleasant and hotel room and general areas very clean and quiet. Stayed at one of the Art Deco hotels last time we visited Miami and this is definitely better and quieter! Very good for location just short walk to Ocean Drive.

Will recommend to anyone wanting value for money.

The complimentary breakfast far outweighed what we had expected. Juices, tea, coffee, toasted bagels, jam, eggs, cakes etc and staff at breakfast very friendly and helpful. We actually did not need to buy anything else until lunch time.

We will definitely use this hotel again.

Only downside was little difficult to climb into shower over side of bath due to the shower glass being fixed on side of bath. Made it quite a task to climb out and in without slipping.

Stayed: February 2013, traveled with friends
Ms. Ros G, General Manager at La Flora, responded to this reviewResponded March 6, 2013

Once again our location, pleasant staff and hotel in general is a big hit with our guests and from your kind review everything was up to standard and I did check the shower glass fixture and totally agree with you, so I have made efforts to correct this and make it much easier to access. Thank you for making La Flora your hotel of choice whilst in South Beach and for your lovely review and recommendations … we look forward to your return !!!