1,599 results
All reviewshappy hourocean drivegreat locationin south beachfree drinksboiled eggsbeach towelsthe general managerbottle of champagnecontinental breakfastart deco hotelcollins avenueespanola wayvalet parkingour honeymoonvalet servicethe hotel manager
Reviewed February 14, 2013

This was our first trip to Miami Beach. We were taking a three day cruise and wanted to spend a night in South Beach after hearing so many things about it. The hotels in the area were all pretty expensive, but La Flora was very reasonably priced for its location. The staff was fabulous! All 4 front desk people we were exposed to bent over backwards to help. They answered many questions and helped us pick out some excellent sights to see and places to visit. The rooms are simple, but very clean. The room itself looked new, and everything worked very well. Can't remember the last time I stayed in a hotel room with hard wood floors. It was only a short one block walk to an amazing beach, there were hundreds of restaurants within a close walk, and a hopping club just two blocks away. We had a great time and highly recommend La Flora!

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Mike T
Ms. Ros G, General Manager at La Flora, responded to this reviewResponded February 15, 2013

Overall you had a great end to your cruising vacation and I’m very happy you had the pleasure of staying the last night with us at La Flora to explore a little of South Beach. Our mission is to provide a warm welcoming smile and offer friendly customer service to the point of being fabulous and making sure all our guests are comfortable. This past year we have changed and improved many fixtures and fittings and continue each and every day and we are glad you had a great time, thank you for your kind review and high recommendations !!!

Reviewed February 13, 2013

The hotels at South Beach are expensive. A hotel like La Flora would probably cost a lot less most other places but on South Beach I would consider it of very good value.
At my early arrival I got a nice reseption and great service. When my room was ready, it was spotless and looket like it had been renovated reasently.
Its one block from the beach and all its caotic tourist restaurants.
Collins Avenue has a bit of traffic but it was not notable in my room. And the beds were great.
Only thing to be negative about was that the toilet was broken and I had to open it and stick my hand in the water (not the toilet...) and pull the plug. I didn't bother telling the reception until the next morning when I was leaving but it seemed like a hotel where they would fix this right away.
Bottom line- I would defenitly recomend La Flora, for South Beach it's good value.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled solo

Being centrally located, clean and customer service top notch what else could you ask for …. and what else could we ask for but a guest who takes on his own maintenance and pulls that plug and bottom line would definitely recommend !
A pleasure to have you as our guests and we thank you for a shining review … until the next time!

Reviewed February 9, 2013

I am a frequent visitor to Miami Beach and mostly stay in smaller boutique hotels. I had to book a last minute business trip to Miami Beach in January; and read the past reviews of the Hotel La Flora on this website. I thought La Flora was worth a try as it was highly rated by past visitors and very economical. The hotel lived up to my expectations. The people, who worked here were lovely and very accommodating. My room and ensuite bath were large for a hotel of this type and everything was spotless.

The only annoyance was the ubiquitous SoBe "resort" fee of $11.20/day; but you do get free bottled water, continental breakfast, a welcome cocktail and beach towels.

I definitely would stay here again and have recommended it to family and friends.

Room Tip: Unless you like noise, rooms on the south side are best as there is a parking lot on the north side and Collins Avenue to the east. I always travel with ear plugs for sleeping; so I did not have a problem with noise.
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
Ms. Ros G, General Manager at La Flora, responded to this reviewResponded February 10, 2013

Expectations are sometimes hard to live up to and I’m so glad they did for you as we strive to keep our standards of customer service and housekeeping to the highest level. Your wonderful review and recommendations are very much appreciated and we look forward to your return !!!
p.s. Wi-Fi is complimentary too …

Reviewed February 6, 2013

Spent 1 night here and can't wait to get back. The location is perfect. The rooms are simple but clean. And the service is fantastic. Thinking about buying a place in MB and got some great advice at the front desk. Thanks for the insight! Made an offer on a place.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
Ms. Ros G, General Manager at La Flora, responded to this reviewResponded February 9, 2013

What a nice end to a wonderful one night stay …. although not quite long enough to enjoy all that South Beach has to offer but we really appreciate your kind comments. We look forward to your return and hope that your offer is successful … Hurry Back !!!

Reviewed February 5, 2013

I recently stayed @ Hotel La Flora Feb. 1st-3rd and enjoyed my stay immensely! The hotel itself is immaculately kept, with inviting decor. The staff was always very friendly and accomodating. And the location is prime! I have to travel back to Miami Beach for business this coming weekend so I booked @ La Flora again. I highly recommend this hotel!

Room Tip: You may want to request a room that does not face the parking lot if car noise bothers you.
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
Ms. Ros G, General Manager at La Flora, responded to this reviewResponded February 7, 2013

So nice to hear that you enjoyed your first visit and you’re returning so soon.
Being an Art Deco Boutique hotel secures the quaintness, a welcoming smile from our staff secures being comfortable which for you as the guest secures a great stay !!!
We look forward to seeing you very soon and thank you for your wonderful review and high recommendations ...