1,604 results
All reviews happy hour ocean drive great location in south beach free drinks boiled eggs beach towels the general manager bottle of champagne continental breakfast art deco hotel collins avenue espanola way valet parking our honeymoon valet service the hotel manager
Reviewed February 3, 2013

stayed at this hotel 20th - 24th jan right in the middle of south beach at a very reasonable price the manger Roz and her staff were more then helpful i had a delayed flight and she let keep room til 6pm free of charge the rooms were large and very clean would recommened this hotel thank you

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled solo
Ms. Ros G, General Manager at La Flora, responded to this reviewResponded February 4, 2013

A pleasure to hear you all enjoyed your stay,our friendly staff enjoyed making your stay comfortable and I’m glad we were able to assist with the late checkout as being delayed at the airport is not a pleasant experience especially with a child, so glad you were able to enjoy a few more beach hours. Thank you for your recommendation’s and when your travels bring you back this way again we will be here to welcome you all !!!

Reviewed February 1, 2013

This family owned hotel is so far the best I have been in Miami Beach quality Price.
The location is the best you can expect as is on 12st so in the center of South beach and on Collins so you do not get the noisy clubs from Ocean drive.
Parking is next to the Hotel but they also have Valet parking.
Rooms are very clean, comfortable and Miami art deco style. Staff is very very Kind and available, I really had a good time in this Hotel and I will go back for sure.
Wi fi is available in all the rooms and common area.
I have a hotel in Italy and I have to reccomend this hotel to my friends

Room Tip: suites are nice and Big
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled solo
Ms. Ros G, General Manager at La Flora, responded to this reviewResponded February 3, 2013

Just wonderful … we are all pleasantly charged at such a lovely review and we sincerely thank you for taking the opportunity to stay with us and for allowing us to impact you as we have.
What makes us one of the best is having wonderful guests who appreciate what we have to offer and allowing us to provide a warm welcoming smile, friendly customer service and as I have said before … then everything falls nicely into place !!!
Thank you for your kind review and recommendations, we look forward to seeing you again !

Reviewed January 27, 2013

For how reasonable the prices were my husband and I were not expecting anything extravagant, but this hotel surprised us! La Flora is very quaint and so well put together and inviting. It may not be the fanciest place on the block but we felt right at home. The rooms are a good size and comfortable. Eventhough we only stayed one night in South Beach we fell in love with this place. But the best part was definitely the staff!! I have never experienced such great service from so many staff members. Their kindness was not something you can teach or fake, it was genuine. They were so helpful with finding transportation for us and with other information. The breakfast was good and fresh. The lobby is gorgeous. I absolutely adore this place. If we ever visit South Beach again we won't hesitate to book here.

The only warning is that it can get quite loud outside at night because it is right in the middle of all the action, so if you are a light sleeper or want peace and quiet, I would keep this in mind. Its not the La Flora's fault, just comes with the amazing location near the beach. Also, keep in mind that it is an old building so it does show some age, but I feel like it adds to the Miami feel.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Kristy L
Ms. Ros G, General Manager at La Flora, responded to this reviewResponded January 28, 2013

Everyone loves a surprise and making our guests feel at home is that “unexpected extravagance” that we offer, we also throw in a little 5 star charm … and keep in mind that yes we are the older building but age should never be divulged but on this occasion the secret to aging well is ... upon arrival you will notice the stunning, historic Art Deco style façade of the building and once you step into the lobby, the original 1929 terrazzo floor and marble wainscot will further accentuate La Flora’s rich history and this is I believe is why you fell in love with this place and it’s all genuine !
Hurry Back !!!

Reviewed January 15, 2013

I booked a room at this hotel because of the location and couldn't not have been happier in that regard. This hotel is within mere blocks from everything.

The hotel staff was AMAZING; super friendly and helpful as soon as we walked in right up until we left. I enjoyed the continental breakfast every morning I was there and was very happy with the options (standard fare of bagels, boiled eggs, cereal, coffee, orange juice). The lobby is nice and trendy with a bar and tables. Good ambiance.

The only thing keeping me from being 100% satisfied with my stay is the housekeeping. The floors were not cleaned daily, especially in the bathroom where we saw hair and dust accumulate over the three days we were there. Also, the bathtub did not drain well and by the end of a 10 minute shower, the water was up over my ankles. Not normally a problem, but after being at the beach all day, one tends to get dirtier than usual. The tub got really cruddy. I told the front desk and the next day it drained a little better, but not great. It took about 15 minutes to get above my ankles. So my complaint is not about the staff, but about the plumbing.

Overall, not a bad place. It's a 2-star hotel, so I wasn't expecting much, but if they fixed the plumbing and cleaning issues, I would have sworn it was 3 stars.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank Braga318
Ms. Ros G, General Manager at La Flora, responded to this reviewResponded January 17, 2013

It’s a pleasure to read you had a good experience overall even though you had a little interruption with the plumbing/cleaning that took away a few ticks on the ratings but you may not be aware that on the odd occasion here in South Beach the old piping sometimes has digestive problems and in this case when our maintenance attacked the tub there was a good part of the beach stuck down there waiting for a bucket and spade … and as expressed in past reviews cleanliness is well rated and I certainly apologize for any hair, dust or sand that gathered and hope this will not deter you from returning to fulfill your overall experience …. Thank you ladies for staying with us and we look forward to the next time !

Reviewed January 13, 2013

Decided to come back here to celebrate New Years. Booked over the phone directly with the hotel. Was greeted with a very warm "welcome back" as soon as i walked in. Was Given a very Lovely room with Two good size beds for me and my friend. Staff was beyond lovely and the room was nice and clean as usually. And that's on top of the free bottle of champagne that they were given out to everybody that day :). Love this place!
So save your time and money and stay here , you won't regret it. Guaranteed.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank JulianaK4

Always a pleasure to see returning guests and yes a warm “welcome back hug” goes a long way and you caught me delivering Champagne to all our guests for the New Year Eve celebrations !!! Each member of staff from reception to housekeeping are on a mission to make every guest feel comfortable and enjoy all we have to offer … your comments are truly appreciated and thank you for making La Flora your hotel of choice when in South Beach and I see you have already reserved for another return visit ... look forward to seeing all again very soon !!