1,599 results
All reviewshappy hourocean drivegreat locationin south beachfree drinksboiled eggsbeach towelsthe general managerbottle of champagnecontinental breakfastart deco hotelcollins avenueespanola wayvalet parkingour honeymoonvalet servicethe hotel manager
Reviewed November 20, 2012

My husband and I stayed here for one night this past weekend. The hotel is definitely in a great location (walking distance to the beach, shopping, countless restaurants/bars, and Lincoln Rd). The room was plain, but clean. The bathroom seemed a little run-down. All was well enough until the evening. We didn't know that the hotel is directly in front of Club Mansion. So from the time we got home at about 12:30 a.m. until roughly 4:00 a.m. our room was shaking with bass from the night club, so we couldn't sleep. I called the front desk to ask what the noise was, and the person working at the front desk simply said, "That's Club Mansion behind us." I had read all of the past Trip Advisor reviews and couldn't believe more people hadn't mentioned the noise. When we got up the next morning, we went to the lobby for our complementary breakfast. The selection was extremely slim (bagels and cereal), but weirder than that was the fact that they had someone taking orders. I've never seen that at a continental breakfast, and I'm not sure why they did it. But the person was rude and had the nerve to have a tip jar out...for toasting a bagel that I should have toasted myself! I'd imagine this place is good for people who are going to hit the nightclub scene and don't intend to go to sleep until the wee hours of the morning. Other than that, I wouldn't recommend it. I definitely won't be back there myself.

13  Thank Deefrompa
Ros G, General Manager at La Flora, responded to this reviewResponded November 22, 2012

Firstly I would like to say how very sorry l am that we did not act efficiently to take care of the noise coming from Mansion, and your absolutely right that past reviews do not mention this and that’s because this is an isolated situation and my night staff are fully aware to nip any disturbance in the bud but on this occasion they failed … also breakfast is complimentary continental and we have a member of staff who personally takes care to make sure everything runs smoothly and although you thought she was taking orders she was actually preparing toasted bagels for each guest request as our prior experience without her had become quite chaotic and messy. Every member of staff at La Flora takes great pride in providing our guests with a comfortable and pleasant hotel experience and I would like for you to return and have the La Flora experience that you should have had ... I can be reached directly at 305 531 3406 and I sincerely look forward to the chance of welcoming you and your husband back to the La Flora Hotel.

Reviewed November 20, 2012

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com
Ros G, General Manager at La Flora, responded to this reviewResponded November 21, 2012

Reviewed November 19, 2012 via mobile

We stayed here for two nights in November. Good experience. Our room was on the first floor, so there was no view. It had a nice big window for natural light but we could only see the wall of the building next door (2m away!). This is the only thing that could have been better regarding the room. Bed was big and the best i ever slept on on a hotel room, bathroom very nice and clean, with glass shower enclosure (a stronger mirror light would have helped while putting on my make up but nevermind!). Staff was helpful and location is amazing. Breakfast not so great... Just coffee and bagels, a boiled egg and some cereals... Can be improved. Anyway I would definitely recommend it.

• Stayed: November 2012
1  Thank Klodette
Ros G, General Manager at La Flora, responded to this reviewResponded November 20, 2012

Every guest loves our location and to experience a great night’s sleep in a comfy bed is even better ! Space between hotels in South Beach can be a little limited hence that particular room view but who stays in the room when South Beach is calling …. thank you for enjoying the La Flora experience and your kind recommendations … we look forward to seeing you again !

Reviewed November 15, 2012

This was an excellent hotel. The location was perfect in that it was less than a block from the beach, a couple blocks from all the restaurants on Espanola Way and all the shopping and restaurants on Lincoln. The price was fantastic compared to most places there. The service was excellent and the people working at the front desk were so helpful with anything we asked for: directions, ideas on things to do, getting a taxi for the airport, etc. The room was very clean and updated, flat screen TV, up to date bathroom. They had beach towels for us when we went out to the beach. The only downside was that we were on the first floor and it was noisy at times and the drinks that we bought at the bar in the lobby there was totally overpriced. Overall it was a great place to stay and very economical. I would stay there again next time I go to Miami.

2  Thank HolzeWellness
Ros G, General Manager at La Flora, responded to this reviewResponded November 16, 2012

It’s nice to see you had an excellent time staying with us and we do strive to make our guests feel at home and offer an excellent guest service experience with a smile and although there was a tiny downside you did not allow it to spoil your overall picture and comfort.
Thank you for your kind review and on your return visit "after your welcome drink" the next round will be on us !!!

Reviewed November 15, 2012

Great hotel and staff! The location was perfect, on collins avenue close to the shops. Lincoln road mall on walking distance, 5 minute walk to ocean drive and beach.

Staff was very friendly and helpfull, thanks so much Carlos for your help with purchasing the Miami Heat tickets :-)

Rooms are very spacious and clean. I would definitly stay here again!

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple

Centrally located to Ocean Drive … Lincoln Road … Espanola Way and so much more to make each guest have the full experience of South Beach and you got a bonus with our wonderful Carlos who enjoyed taking care of you ... Go Heat !!!
Thank you for your wonderful review and we look forward to seeing you again !