“Nasty, unsafe PLEASE DON"T STAY HERE!!!!” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Seagull Hotel Miami South Beach

Seagull Hotel Miami South Beach
Ranked #185 of 206 Hotels in Miami Beach
Springfield,NJ
“Nasty, unsafe PLEASE DON"T STAY HERE!!!!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2007

I booked on the phone and when we got there, OH MY GOD!!!!!!!!!!! First of all the elevator worked when it wanted to, the room was nasty with the sink not working and a leak, Now you may say that well maybe that was only my room? Think again..I like to test out as many rooms as I can so the hotel won't get a bad rap. So I requested or we rather another room, not only were most of them the same but some were worse! Now get ready to hold on to your wallets because the unsafe part is the doors!!! Almost every door in the hotel had busted doors!!!! It's just like if you would try to open a door with a tire iron!!! I asked why the doors were all like that and the guy who worked there told me that sometimes they loose the key and that how they get in the rooms and for proof I have the pic's!!!!!! Please do yourself a great favor and don't even look at this place, oh yeah..The view Please you get an ocean view alright, if you can look over the ac units and about a half a block to the ocean. We had to leave about 30 mins after we arrived, I just couldn't belive this place. I even called the head office and warned them of what this place with there name on it was trying to get away with. Had I'd about this website before my posting would have flown up as soon as I reached back home.

• Liked — My money back!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Disliked — The hotel!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Stayed August 2006, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Hotelbody

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (85)
  • Polish first
Aylesbury
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2007

Stayed on business June 2007.

Absolutly true that the rooms are filthy - bath had a layer of ingrained dark brown scum in the course "non-slippy" bit at the bottom, carpet had crumbs, hair and a seroiusly suspect white stain! (I hope that last bit doesn't get my post taken down for profane language!!)

its also very badly kept, peeling paint and blown plaster and the side lamp had bare wires. For reasons I can not fathom we also had the skirting board made out of carpet - this was coming away from the wall where it had been glued on.

I can't comment on the staff or the food as I didn't experience either. My colleagues who did have breakfastin the morning said it was overcooked and overpriced.

I was there on business as a party of 22, all of whom complained of bites in the morning. In fact some of us went out untill 4 in the morning just so we didn't have to sleep there. I think they were probably flea bites as they look like what my mothers cat gives me!!!

On the plus side it is very close to SOuth Beach and all the trendy bits great for nightlife. In short if you are skint (and ideally have no sense of smell or cleanliness) stay here otherwise save up and find somehwere else.

More a hostel than a hotel.

• Liked — cloe to Miami south beach
  • Disliked — filthy
  • Stayed June 2007, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 stars
1 Thank KSCW2

Travelers are raving about these Miami Beach hotels

Texas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2007

As first time visitors to Miami Beach, we were clueless as to where to find a good decent hotel. We stopped at the Marriot, but the rooms were all booked so they sent us to Days Inn. Bad idea. The minute we got to the reception area, we were waiting and one of the receptionists just stood there like a dummy. she finally asked us what we wanted and we told her two nights. Not only did it take her about 10 minutes to "make a copy" of my ID, she forgot to book us for two nights. There goes another ten minutes. Another guest beside us was complaining that there was a huge leak in his room and that he wanted a new room. the other receptionist just rolled her eyes and got the manager. So finally our receptionist comes back from making the copies, and she was slower than a turtle to book our visit on the computer. My mom and I kept looking at each other like "is she serious???" My mom finally lost her cool and asked her nicely if she could speed it up a little bit and she responded rudely saying "What do you want me to do? I'm new here!"
I haven't even gotten to the description of the rooms either! The restroom in my parents' room had urine all over the toilet and it seemed to have been there for a while because the room smelled horribly. Not only that, our rooms were not vacuumed, and the shower tubs were not clean. The worst part of the whole experience were the beds. They smelled awful and I was beginning to feel itchy all night as if the beds were infested with bed bugs. Needless to say, I couldn't sleep all night because I felt disgusting and itchy. We ended up checking out the next morning and they gave us our refund. Overall, it is a place that I absolutley do not recommened because of their bad service and no cleaniness.

Stayed June 2007
3 Thank cvs007
sarasota
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2007

DON'T DO IT - IT SUCKED & was HUGE waste of money! The guest service that you expect (from any hotel) was not there - The elevators did not work, ATM machine did not work, there was no where to park - so Days Inn charges $18.00 for very bad valet service. The room smelled like smoke. No hot water. Then front desk people were clueless, or just stoned. In the room, two lights did not work. There was crayon marks all-over the end table. The sheets had two cigarette burns, the sheets & towels were from the 1950's & the cable constantly went in & out. And finally, at 9AM SHARP, there was a VERY loud-loud concrete drilling on the same floor, or was in my room, nevertheless - this was a HUGE waste of my money!

Tom
Sarasota, FL

• Liked — nothing
  • Disliked — nothing
  • Stayed June 2007
    • 1 of 5 stars
      Business service (e.g., internet access)
2 Thank tbtv
Colorado Springs, co
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2007

This place didn't have the room we had booked. The first room we got was awful the next one was worse. The elevator was broken. The staff as indifferent. We didn't even bother staying.

• Stayed June 2007, traveled as a couple
2 Thank MoonlightGrahams
Washington DC, District of Columbia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2007

While the price seemed great when booking, I knew it was going to be a bad experience when we told the cab driver at the airport where we are staying and he responded by saying, "Oh, thats too bad. It is dingy."

The location was okay, but while the room was large it was probably the worst hotel I have stayed at on any vacation. I would definitely recommend staying at another hotel in South Beach.

• Liked — Location
  • Disliked — Everything else.
  • Stayed July 2006, traveled as a couple
1 Thank mateo1380
Mullett Lake, Michigan
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2007

My sister in law and I stayed there only night, thank goodness, as this hotel was absolutely dreadful. We could barely open our bedroom door, the carpet was filthy, the sheets and blankets looked dirty, only one lamp worked as the other one was missing a lightbulb, which is probably a good thing since the wire was frayed and the plug did not have its cover, Zap! The electrical cord of ther coffee pot on the dresser did not reach the outlet so we had to move the pot on the window sill, by the disgusting curtains. There was a serious leak in the bathtub, which is pretty awful when one is aware of the water shortage and water restrictions in the state of Florida. When we left in the morning, the elevator was dirty and there was cigarette butts on its floor. The cold and poorly decorated lobby reminded me of hotels I stayed at in Western China. When we mentioned the above to the check-out clerk, we were ignored. The management should not let smokers stand right at the front entrance of the hotel, which is pretty indicative of its lack of concern for its guests. I took one of their guest surveys, but why bother. This hotel should be imploded.

• Liked — absolutely nothing
  • Disliked — everything
  • Stayed March 2007, traveled with friends