“A perfect end to a perfect stay.” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Seagull Hotel Miami South Beach

Seagull Hotel Miami South Beach
Ranked #185 of 206 Hotels in Miami Beach
Louisville, Kentucky
“A perfect end to a perfect stay.”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 28, 2014

So, 5 weeks ago, we were "enjoying" our honeymoon. We had a horrible hotel (harrison hotel, south beach) for one evening and called travelocity to let them know that the hotel did not live up to standards, and we wanted to move. After five hours of being on the phone and bogus-ly transferred to a different hotel (2x's) that did not have accommodations we found the nearest, cheapest hotel to "enjoy" our last two days. When we arrived there were some younger hood rats propositioning us to buy them a room for the evening just outside the automatic door. Pushing past them, there was a distinct marijuana fragrance permeating the air. Whatever, it was 1 in the morning and I was mentally exhausted from being screwed over by travelocity. I can't blame We had an excellent experience with the front desk staff. A gentleman and a lady listened to us rant and were very apologetic.They were heaven sent, I will say that! We went to our room and was shocked at just how run down it was. Carpet was old, the window in the bathroom was broken and covered with red duct tape. The door looked like it had been kicked open a time or two, which was pretty disturbing, but it did have a deadbolt and lock catch. Our room was right next to the stairwell, so every time someone closed the two doors you had to go through to get to the stairs, it made a loud slamming noise that was pretty disturbing.The bed was very comfortable, however it wasn't until the next morning when we discovered a blood stain on the far corner of the bed. You know, thats our fault for not looking. But the real reason I am writing is because we now have scabies. Scabies that take 4-6 weeks (its been 5) for first time symptoms to show. Scabies that can be transferred from linens that haven't been washed between users. And while I can not definitively say that it was from this hotel, I can't rule it out either. We stayed two nights in this hotel, and one at the harrison hotel. I will also be writing a similar review on their page as well. We did enjoy the pool, although the weather was not warm enough to get in. I appreciated the wifi and the ability to watch tv. The front desk staff was wonderful. I appreciated having some place to sleep, but the cleanliness and general looks of the hotel could really use some help.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank kim e

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (85)
  • Polish first
Punta Cana
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2014

Piece of advise, try not to stay in this hotel. Hotels are expensive in this area but you might be in trouble if you book with this hotel. First, i arrived at around 1 PM and was told by the reception that I couldn't get my room until 4:00PM. This is the hotel policy but usually sometimes they would see if the room was available, and believe there were rooms available. Second, after finally arriving for the second time, both elevators were down, plus they charge you $2.26 for using or not using the room safe. I had to carry the luggage to the 7th floor using the stairs (2 big, 1 small). Third, once in the room, it was dirty, dirt all over, corners, floors, carpets, an awful smell comes up from the toilet, the tub was clogged, and there wax an excess of human hairs on ALL THE sheets, carpets, and floors. don't go there, run some where else!

Room Tip: pay a little more and don't get herpes.
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
2 Thank ODiaz2013
fkennedy, Manager at Seagull Hotel Miami South Beach, responded to this review, February 25, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write a review. I am very sorry you had so many problems during your stay and appreciate you taking the time to let us know of your concerns and regret any inconvenience you encountered. I hope your next trip to Miami Beach will be more succesful.

Travelers are raving about these Miami Beach hotels

Panama City, Panama
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 23, 2014

It was ok. All the staff were so kind and they were always worried about what you needed. Specially the housekeeper Yaquelin she was so nice with me and made me feel like in home.She was a patient person and always got a smile for the guest. She made my stay better because of her good service.

Room Tip: The room 801 has a beautiful view.
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled solo
2 Thank Jean J
Thank you for your kind review, I was very happy to hear the staff made your stay enjoyable and Yaquelin provided you with great service and made your stay better. We look forward to seeing you again soon
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2014

The hotel was the worst hotel I've been to and I've stayed at many low standard HOSTELS in south east asia. Elevators was not working and the ones that were had extremely poor standard, walls were damaged and basically everything was so old and not maintained. The staff were rude teenagers with no understanding for service and they were talking to you like you were their "homeboy". No service of any kind. When we came to the hotel the first day we had 3 broken lamps in our room and the TV had a bad signal. Later we found a cockroach in the bathroom. Furthermore, the rooms were really smelly and all of my stuff smelled really bad after we left. Our neighbors were partying all night and smoking weed which was very annoying.

Overall this hotel is the worst I've been to and I've travelled a lot. I do not recommend it to anyone unless your are desperate!

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
2 Thank Alec A
fkennedy, Manager at Seagull Hotel Miami South Beach, responded to this review, February 21, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write a review, I am very sorry you had so many problems during your stay and appreciate you taking the time to bring your concerns to our attention . We are in the process of modernizing our elevators and I apologize if this invonvenienced you.
Miami Beach
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 19, 2014

It was just ok. Location is great for convention center... but recommend free spirits bar before you hang out at this hotel!! And there is no parking! Got a ticket because I didn't wake up every three hours to pay the meter.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 stars
    • 1 of 5 stars
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

Thank you for your review and recommending Free Spirits, it is a nice local hangout. Unfortunately parking is a problem in South Beach and we at least have public lot near our location, unfortunatley it is possible to receive a ticket if you do not get to your car in time. This is not anything we can control. We will be staring our renovations soon and hopefully if you come back you will find a brand new hotel.
Saint Louis, Missouri
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 11, 2014

Where should I begin. We are very disappointed with Segaull Hotel. I dont recommend this to anyone. Please do not waste your time and money here. The elevator was not working and we where staying on the fifth floor with a 3 year old and my pregnant wife. The staff did NOT care about the problems and complains we where making. The air conditioning was not working. I was afraid to go to sleep thinking the ceiling was going to fall because there are cracks every in the room.Very dirty very filthy. I just can't stop writing how terrible everything was staying at Segaull Hotel.

• Stayed February 2014
3 Thank timistl
fkennedy, Manager at Seagull Hotel Miami South Beach, responded to this review, February 13, 2014
Thank you for your review, I am very sorry you were not happy with your stay. We are in the process of modernizing our elevators and one did go down and was fixed an up and running again. We do appreciate you taking the time to let us know of your concerns and apologize for any inconvenience you encountered.
New York City, New York
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 11, 2014

I want to start off by saying the hotel isnt all that great, but the staff is awesome. Theres one person in particular that stood out to me he works in concierge , tall bearded I believe his name was gerald. He was friendly, nice and very knowledgeable.i will definitely be coming back.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled solo
    • 5 of 5 stars
Thank you very much for taking the time to write a review. We are happy to hear that Gerad stood out and we will be bringing your nice comments to his attention. We will be starting our renovations shortly and look forward to seeing you again, with a brand new hotel.