“Horrible Vacation Spot” 1 of 5 stars

Ranked #186 of 206 Hotels in Miami Beach
Orlando, Florida
“Horrible Vacation Spot”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2013

It seemed somewhat decent place to stay for 2 nights. The pictures online was showing nice and clean hotel room. When we arrived it looked like a old beat up bungalo house. Very rude front desk employees. everything we asked was impossible and they had to go out of their way to make it happen. All we asked was for a Crib and extra towels . The rooms are very unsanitary and not safe for anyone to stay in. They should be shut down for renovation. The pool closes at 8 pm. Security lady at the pool told us that it's closed as we just got to the pool at 7:50 (did not want to go to the beach with kids) I pointed to her the pull rulls and it did not have any time of operation. She told me I dont know but it closes at 8. I have to go home at 8pm. The only thing we enjoyed was the view . hallways were scary and abounded I thought I was in some hotel that survived a WAR or something. door had bumps in them like someone tried to get into every single room by damaging all the doors.

Room Tip: Go with prices hotels will be better off. rather cheap .. I cant even call this a Hotel. it's no...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
    • 2 of 5 stars
1 Thank A M
fkennedy, Manager at Seagull Hotel Miami South Beach, responded to this review, July 15, 2013
thank you for taking the time to write a review. I am very sorry you were not happy with your stay and appreciate you taking the time to let us know of your concerns. The pool hours are sunrise to sunset and again I apologize if that inconvenienced you and your family. It is with comments such as yours that we can learn from our mistakes and do better.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (85)
  • Polish first
Valrico, Florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2013

They quoted us a bogus rate and charged us to two credit cards and only gave us one receipt. When I called them for the quote the young lady was very nice and told me she was giving me the best rate and I was blown away, then it turns out I was charged double. I gave her my credit card to reserve and told her I would be paying with a different card. When we arrived we gave them our other credit card we signed for our rooms. Our credit card was not being accepted for some odd reason and when we finally checked out it worked and we made it clear we wanted all charges on this card. WE got our receipt with the amount that I was quoted and a few days later my other card is charged for the same amount. Well that just put me over the edge because we did not even get a receipt for this charge. Paid double for this place when I could of stayed at a gorgeous resort for the price I paid at this place. The original quoted/rate was reasonable for this place. Very shabby, disgusting and the elevator will kill someone someday.

Room Tip: Stay at a resort or better hotel, this place is terrible and their business practices are questionab...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Sandrag6987
fkennedy, Manager at Seagull Hotel Miami South Beach, responded to this review, July 10, 2013
thank you for your review, we are sorry for any misunderstanding as we explained to you that you booked and stayed in two rooms, a copy of the receipt was mailed to you.

Travelers are raving about these Miami Beach hotels

Brooklyn, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2013

I read some of the reviews and was very apprehensive about staying here. I when with an open mine. I'm so glad I followed my own mine and spirit because this hotel is not bad at all. The staff was excellent. My room was clean and everything was in working order. The pool was great and the access to the beach was wonderful. I will be retuning to this hotel very soon.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
    • 4 of 5 stars
thank you so much for your review. We are so happy to hear that you followed your own mind and gave us a chance and had a pleasant experience. We look forward to seeing you again soon. Please call us direct so we can make sure you have the same oceanfront room
Brossard, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2013

This is the best Hotel ever and we spend the Months of January and February there went back again in May for a two weeks stay planning to be there 2 nights in October after returning from a cruise and at the same time booking for 3months Jan.Febr.and March 2014.After that trip have to send you another review but this time the Seagull hotel has already a new name and will be named the HOLIDAY INN EXPRESS SUITES..Complete renovation will be done, but not the people this is like a family and the reason we are staying there are the people who are out of this world those are people who make the world go around.Prices will go up offcourse but location and service will be still exellent.One of the reasons? the General Manager Mrs.Faith Kennedy all the Department Managers and the Restaurant chef Mr. Robert Berryman.
Don't want to forget the lovely people at Housekeeping who are working so hard and our Service dept.Maintenance with Chief Engineer Ricardo.People are so very important to us and offcourse to everybody

Room Tip: Corner suites are large and Sunny and having a ocean Front room is the best.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars
Thank you so much for your review, it is always a pleasure having you stay with us. You have become part of our family here at the Seagull Hotel. We look forward to seeing you again very soon.
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2013

stayed at your hotel two weeks ago and I had a very pleasant experience. I had a really bad flight and I was dreading having to face a bad check in as well. But everything was smooth quick, and the room was clean and very comfy.Thank you to Nestor for being caring and allowing me to enjoy my trip!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars
thank you for your review we are happy to hear that you had a pleasant stay and look forward to seeing you again soon.
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2013

I just wanted to say that this young lady katie muller made are stay on South Beach very wonderful help us find all the restaurants we want to find and the best places to go out at night and took time to help us out whatever little problem we had. South Beach wouldn't be that bad with everything being crazy over price if there we're more young ladies like her working

• Stayed June 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars
fkennedy, Manager at Seagull Hotel Miami South Beach, responded to this review, June 28, 2013
thank you for taking the time to write a review we are so happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay and Katie was helpful, we will pass on your kind words to her and look forward to seeing you again soon
Miami, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2013

I planned my birthday weekend in miami, so i needed a hotel to stay at so i came across seagull hotel online saw the reviews wasnt so great,but the rates was awesome so i book it, when i got to the hotel to check in, my front desk clerk was Linda she was very friendly and helpful, went to my room it was pretty decend, even though the hotel was old,it was clean. the staff was very nice and helpful,my second night there my ac stop working. so i called down to the front desk and nadrine say she will send maintence to resloved my probllem, but after the guy came to my room ac kept getting warmer. went to the front desk and Nadrine told me she's just change my room, i must say the new room was much better AC was working real good. she was very helpful so i enjoy my birthday and the front desk girls made it even better, i will definitely come back great location.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
    • 4 of 5 stars
fkennedy, Manager at Seagull Hotel Miami South Beach, responded to this review, June 24, 2013
thank you so much for taking the time to write a review, we are so happy to hear that you had a great birthday weekend and Linda was very friendly. I am sorry you had issues with your air conditioning but am very happy that Nadrine was able to resolve it for you and you were able to continue to enjoy your weekend. We look forward to celebrating another birthday with you!