“Great hotel for a good price”

Seagull Hotel Miami Beach
Ranked #151 of 212 Hotels in Miami Beach
Reviewed January 17, 2013

I went to Miami with my family for new years and we stayed 10 nights. We picked this hotel because it had a very good price in an excellent location. Just 4 blocks away from Lincoln Road. There is a bus stop in the corner and you can go anywhere you want, including the airport, malls, etc. You can even rent bikes in the very same block of the hotel.

It had all the facilities that we needed. It was clean and comfortable. The pool is great and you only need to walk a few steps to go to the beach. Our room had a lot of space (even though we were 4 people) and the most beatiful view to the beach (with balcony as well)

If I had to make any complains: the ATM which is in the hotel was out of service, and the housekeeping personel were not very nice. But who cares.. as for the rest, we are very satisfied with the hotel and would definitely come back.

I think the hotel has only two stars but it should have three at least. I don't know why people complain about this hotel. If you are looking for something nice, comfortable and cheap, then choose this hotel. If you are too picky and want luxury, then go for a more expensive option.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
4  Thank Cristina R
fkennedy, Manager at Seagull Hotel Miami Beach, responded to this reviewResponded January 19, 2013

thank you for taking the time to write a review of the Seagull Hotel. We are very happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay and look forward to seeing you again in the future. Thank you again and have a happy and healthy new year.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,279)

Reviewed January 15, 2013

We spend 3 night at the Seagull. It is cheap but old and worn down - but still, good value for money.
If you want a cheap place to sleep while beeing close to the beach, then the Seagull is perfect

Lots of parking places in front of the hotel (public)

Room Tip: The higher floor the better view
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
3  Thank Brian_S_Jensen
fkennedy, Manager at Seagull Hotel Miami Beach, responded to this reviewResponded January 17, 2013

thank you for taking the time to write a review of our hotel. We are happy you enjoyed your stay and look forward to seeing you again soon..

Reviewed January 15, 2013

I stayed at the Seagull Hotel Miami South Beach whilst working in Miami in September.
I believe this was the days inn hotel previously.
Unfortunately the Hotel has seen much better days and is in need of some major TLC.
The rooms are big but dated and in need of refurbishment the carpet and floors and bathroom have all taken a battering and look tired messy and run down. Having said that my shower was good and the bed was comfy. The TV however was fuzzy on every channel.
The Location is pretty good though being just a minutes stroll to the beach. It is opposite the W Hotel and surrounded by big smart hotels. It's a 10 minute walk to all the shops, bars and restaurants of Lincoln and has the Bass museum of art 3 mins away.
The Hotel does have a pool out the back but i didnt find it until the last day so didnt manage a swim.
I didn't pay for the room as i was working so can't comment on value for money but there must surely be nicer hotels in better repair for the same money that would be a better option than here.
There is a a cracking little dive bar next to the Hotel (Free spirits?) where we whiled away a few evening quite happily and the food there wasn't bad at all.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed January 10, 2013

The people were nice but this place is a dump. The lobby is deceptive compared to the rooms. I just needed a place to stay before catching my flight and was too tired to keep driving and looking. It looked busy enough so how could so many people be wrong? I'm not sure but they were!

I had a room on the ground floor in the back of the hotel alley / pool area. I had to use the chain lock because the other lock turned so hard because the metal framed door was beat. Not a safe room to stay in for sure. The tub was dirty and grout was falling out of the tiling. Couldn't check in til 4pm and wanted to check out 2 seconds after seeing the room. I don't know if they had hot water because there's no way I'm stepping in that tub.

I would never even think of staying here for more than one night. It wasn't even cheap enough to say that it would be a crash pad while partying but the room was really large.

Room Tip: Choose another place. You're almost at the nice one's if you're coming from the North...
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank traveller6719
fkennedy, Manager at Seagull Hotel Miami Beach, responded to this reviewResponded January 16, 2013

thank you for taking the time to write a review, i am very sorry you were disappointed in the pool room that you chose. We take your concerns very seriously and are looking into your comments. Thank you again for your time and have a happy and healthy new year.

Reviewed January 9, 2013

You are better off finding a park bench or a hostel than staying here. I have stayed in some pretty horrible places in my time but this one takes the cake. Yes it might be in an alright position but unless you like dilapidated rooms, weird smelling lobbies, doors that are jammed shut and paying way too much for poor service don't go here. The elevator sounds like it is going to break every time you get in it, the in room phones don't work and if you are tired and hungry and don't feel like venturing out of your room you may as well live in the bathroom at maccas. There is no food available to the room and the bathrooms at maccas would probably be a better place to be than the ones here. The handy man here should be fired as it looks like a two year old has patched up the holes in the wall with Papier-mâché.

Room Tip: Any room that is no inside this hotel. PLEASE DON"T DO IT TO YOURSELF!!!!
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled with friends
fkennedy, Manager at Seagull Hotel Miami Beach, responded to this reviewResponded January 10, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of our hotel, I am sorry you were not happy with your stay and did not find our hotel to your liking. We are in the process of upgrading it this year. We wish you a happy and healthy new year.

Reviewed January 8, 2013

My husband and I stayed her in July 2012 for our anniversary. We picked this hotel based on the price & location. The location was very good for south beach, but the hotel was not. The carpets & the elevators were the worse out of everything to me in the hotel. The rugs were diry & smelly. The elevator was old and made scary noises. The best thing about the hotel was the view of the ocean. I did not even sleep uder the covers & left early the next day. Breakfast they charge extra for and we decided to pass on it because it didn't look appetizing at all. Honestly I would never stay here again.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank aprilaries79

Thank you for taking the time to write a review, I am sorry you were not happy with our hotel, since your stay we have changed all the room carpet and will be upgarding the hotel including the elevators. We wish you a happy and healthy new year.

Reviewed January 7, 2013

it was so bad, as soon as i walked in there was an odor. The lady at the front desk had a bad attitute, the hallways were dark and scary, the room was old. i wish i had taken pictures to show how bad and below standard the room was. I checked out of the hotel before I removed my luggage from my car.
I was lucky not to get a ticket in the metered parking lot across the street from the hotel.
I will never go to seagul hotel again!
I will not recommend seagul hotel.

Room Tip: There is no good room in seagul hotel.
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple