WINNER WONDERLAND

Review of Seagull Hotel Miami South Beach

Seagull Hotel Miami South Beach
Ranked #193 of 206 Hotels in Miami Beach
Orlando, Florida
“great value! made my experience in miami incredible!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 1, 2012

I am a huge NBA fan and I had to visit the miami heat nba finals in south beach this summer... I stayed in this hotel because it offered a relatively cheap price when compared to all the other hotels, especially during such rush time when everyone wants a place to stay near the miami heat's stadium. Anyways, the hospitality was great, the rooms were very clean, and the staff was very friendly. Best of all, the price was pretty reasonable.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends
3 Thank Jacob T

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (88)
  • Polish first
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 26, 2012

I loved my stay. Everything from the room to the staff. The overall value was excellent. If you are looking for a place to call home while in Miami, this would be it. This hotel should not be confused other hotels

• Stayed August 2012
2 Thank evaninvegas
London, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 26, 2012

Booked this hotel for a 3-day stay over a weekend, as many other hotels in the area seemed very expensive. We had a room with an ocean view, which was great, although the room itself was scruffy. It was a reasonable size, but badly in need of being refurbished, paper and paint peeling in places, not enough electric sockets nor a fridge, and beds definitely past their best! Thin walls, could hear an argument in the room next door. Pool area was good and there was access to the beach, although when returning you had to go back in via reception (not great in your swimwear!). Buffet breakfast available, at an extra cost, which was pretty good. Lobby bar, but closed quite early, and didn't have much range of draught beers. For the price we paid the hotel was acceptable, but with a bit of work to upgrade would be a much better choice in a good area of South Beach (walking distance to everything and well placed for public transport to airport).
We have done quite a bit of backpacking over the years and it struck me as bit of an upmarket Aussie hostel !!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
4 Thank Thunderjeff
Louisville, Kentucky
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 24, 2012

Upon arrival at our hotel, they would not allow us into our room until checkin time, no earlier.
Our room smelled moldy, old, sour and humid. We aired out the room by opening the door, but the smell still remained. The oceanfront view is okay. You get the beach oceanfront, however, you also have ugly roofs (dirt, leaves, grime, etc) to look at right below you. Instead of hearing the beach, you hear loud music from the bar/hotel next door.
Ceilings appeared to have leakage damage, based on the visable brown splotches spread across the ceiling. Trim around the windows were cracked and dirty. Our A/C unit appeared to be leaking, which was seen AND felt in the room on the carpet, as well as outside on our balcony.
The mirror of the bathroom (on the bottom right corner) was falling apart. Tiles in bathroom were cracked! Tub, although it was cleaned appeared stained and dirty.
Stains on carpet. Our door, even after you had locked it, it would still wriggle back and forth. So, we didnt feel safe within our rooms.
TV didnt work. Only a couple electric sockets to use. Drawers smelled awful of mold!! (soon as u opened them, you could smell it)
We only stayed since they couldnt refund our rooms and we paid 145 for it.
$1.75 an hour for parking! But, hours are free between 10pm-9am..
Only good thing about this hotel was the employees were friendly, and our beds were clean.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple

Travelers are raving about these Miami Beach hotels

Las Vegas, Nevada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 20, 2012

After much research and reading of negative reviews, I still a chance to stay at this property and I am so glad I did. I was not expecting luxury, but what I did find was excellent service from the moment I checked in, to housekeeping, to the concierge and the lobby bar. Front desk was very pleasant as well as everyone else. Our room was clean, smell good, awesome view, very comfortable bed, clean sheets, clean floors, etc. We are very pleased with this hotel. Excellent price at a great beach front location near all the main attractions and restaurants. Trust me, I had my doubts about booking this hotel, and again, am VERY happy I did, and will definitively return and do recommended. Hope this helps. Let me know if I can answer any questions. Will be happy to share my positive experience.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
6 Thank Vegasadvisor89129
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 20, 2012

In my life I slept in rooms into the jungle too and They were better than this.
None know how to clean a room, the bath is like the worst hostel in Islamabad, when I arrived to the room there were hairs on the floor and on the shower's wall, I noticed it to the front desk, the girl watched me like I was an alien but after three days the hairs are still there. They don't have an efficient beach towels service, I had to stole some towels from the service Trolley, because when I asked to the laundry they were rude and told me to come back in the afternoon and they close me the door, because, YES there isn't a desk to get them,you have to' Go directly to the laundry.
They don't have care about the hotel without any kind of maintenance....
Change place there are so many cool hotel in Miami beach at same prices...

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Axel1487
Lutz, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 9, 2012

The hotel is the best priced in the area, offering no-frill, clean and adequate acmomdations. It is on the beach, 2 blocks from Lincoln and the main drag in South Beach. Walk to everthing in the area. We love it and have been oftn.

Room Tip: This is maybe 3 stars, there are no great rooms, but all are adequate.