“Good Budget hotel”

Seagull Hotel Miami Beach
Ranked #149 of 212 Hotels in Miami Beach
Reviewed December 1, 2011

If you are expecting what every other hotel on millionaires row will give you for the budget price they offer, don't. This is a budget hotel for this location, and location is why you want to stay here!

This hotel is ON THE BEACH and is in walking distance of EVERYTHING. That's why you want to stay here. Parking is city controlled...but the new machines make it 90% less a pain...

The staff has always been 100% friendly to me, the rooms have been clean enough to not freak me out. If you want on the beach, affordable room, close to South Beach attractions, this is the hotel for you.

Room Tip: We were right by the pool...sleeping until lunch we weren't bothered by the kids.
  • Stayed: September 2011, traveled with friends
1  Thank JoeSwindell
fkennedy, Manager at Seagull Hotel Miami Beach, responded to this reviewResponded December 9, 2011

thanking you for staying with us again, we are very happy you had a good time and look forward to seeing you again in the future!!

Write a ReviewReviews (1,283)

Reviewed November 24, 2011

Had a great stay at the hotel for the second time and got a sea view this time in a standard room. The hotel is in a good location, right near the beach. It takes around 10 minutes to Lincoln Road where there are lots of restaurants and 20 minutes to Ocean Drive the main area to go out a night and party. The hotel is one of the cheapest on the beach. It is a bit grubby and basic but it has comfortable clean beds which is what you want and a nice pool... The 150 bus just down the street takes you straight to and from the airport $2.35 (35 minutes)..It used to be a Days INN now its Seagulls, please get a new sign......

Room Tip: Front of hotel reception side has sea views, and the pool side. The right side some rooms have views...
  • Stayed: November 2011, traveled as a couple
fkennedy, Manager at Seagull Hotel Miami Beach, responded to this reviewResponded November 25, 2011

thank you for staying with us again and are very happy you enjoyed your stay. We look forward to seeing you in the future and hope to have a new sign by then.

Reviewed November 22, 2011

When I booked this hotel in plain South Beach, Oceanfront for only 29€ a night, I knew not to expect anything. Yes, the place is old, yes it could do with a serious renovation, but if you don’t expect anything for the price, you won’t be disappointed. Don't go looking around for every little peace of dirt or broken furniture... you can find it of course, but who cares ? It would never cross my mind to take off the sheets of a hotel bed to see whats underneath. For one thing I don't want to know and secondly I don't care. You’ll only spend a couple of hours sleeping in the room anyway. For the price it costs and especially for the great location, this hotel is just fine. You’re only about 5 minutes walk away from Lincoln Road. The bus stop for the Aventura Mall or Dadeland Mall are right on the street corner. The rooms are big, I got an oceanfront without even asking for it, it has two queen beds so you can put your open suitcases on one of them. The bathroom’s a bit small though ( I suggest you get yourself some pool towels downstairs for the shower, as their shower towels are more like the size of hand towels really...) and you have to pay extra for the safe. The pool is decently sized and surrounded by palm trees, plants and grass. I was only here for four nights, spending about two hours at the pool in the sun right after sun rise and then going shopping for the rest of the day, so for me the hotel was no more or no less than what I had expected for the prize and I would come back here as well. ( I’d rather spend my money shopping than on a 200$ or more hotel room in a posh South Beach hotel)

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled solo
fkennedy, Manager at Seagull Hotel Miami Beach, responded to this reviewResponded November 23, 2011

Thank you for staying with us and we are very glad you enjoyed your oceanfront room. We look forward to seeing you again in the future

Reviewed October 31, 2011

Ok, so im from chicago and this was our first trip to miami. Well let me say it was the most affordable way to go being that we decided to go at the very last minute. The hotel itself was in poor shape, the hallways, the elevators, it was very dirty! They had a shortage on towels.. Like WTF really? Like i understand the hotel was at its capacity but thats just ridiculous. We had a very large room though, which was in good condition. It was well groomed and finally felt comfortable....BUT the bathroom was HORRRIBLE!! Like we were literally in flip flops every day to take a shower, we didnt even feel comfortable puttin our towel on the sink or tooth brush. Like we did everything we could in the room. IF YOUR GOING FOR MEMORIAL DAY...BRING YOUR OWN IRON....because we literally fought for ours! The hotel staff was very slow...like i said it was expected because it was at capacity, but obviously there were so many problems. OVERALL we said this year this was are absoluuuuuuuuuutttttte last resort. If you want to find a great hotel be looking forwards to spending 3-5 hundred a night!!!! OH YEA DONT BELIEVE ANY OF THE PICTURES ON MIAMI BEACH WEBSITES....THERE ALL 9/10 NOT WHAT THEY LOOK LIKE!!! GREAT LOCATION ON THE STRIP, THE BEACH IS LIKE 3 SECONDS FROM THE HOTEL....BEAUTIFUL!!!!!

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled with friends
fkennedy, Manager at Seagull Hotel Miami Beach, responded to this reviewResponded November 21, 2011

Thank you for staying with us, Memorial Day is one of the busiest weekends here, we have updated all of our hallways since your stay and are happy you were able to enjoy the beach.

Reviewed October 23, 2011

The location is wonderful and the staff is nice and helpful - but that´s about all you can say for this hotel. The rooms are large, but old and not clean and the decoration is terrible. There must be some kind of bed bugs (though I found none), because I started to scratch myself all night long, and there were some bites in my leg. The nice part was that during my last minutes at the hotel I found out that I had company in the room! Check the picture I took of the cute little creature.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled with friends
1  Thank Hodoiporos

thank you for staying with us and are happy the staff treated you right and you liked the location. We regret any other inconvenience you encountered and look forward to seeing you again

Reviewed October 5, 2011

This hotel is not the Ritz! But paying $65 a night I wouldn't expect it to be.
We asked to see the room before we committed to paying and Benny at reception was fine with this. He upgraded us for free as well.
So we couldn't fault service.
The rooms are basic and we had one with a balcony which view the beach and parking lot. Beds were some of the most comfy I've had in a while. No bugs.
Slept so well as there was no noise hears from the city or streets.
Bathroom needs some TLC but it served the purpose we needed.
Come here if all u want is a reasonably priced place to stay without the trimmings. A lick of paint wouldn't go a miss but we literally we here one night and were expecting more than what it was.
I would recommend and wld not have a problem staying here again.

• Stayed: October 2011
fkennedy, Manager at Seagull Hotel Miami Beach, responded to this reviewResponded October 6, 2011

thank you for staying with us, we are happy you enjoyed your stay and will look forward to seeing you again in the future

Reviewed October 2, 2011

My husband had stayed previously at this hotel when it was a Days Inn for a convention so we knew what we were getting into. We stayed here at the begining & end of our vacation in the Fl Keys. We just accepted it for what it was: a dump with a great view. our first night we faced north with no balcony, but because of the public parking lots there is nothing built directly north of the hotel giving you great views. The hotel was full of foreign college students in town at a language school. Our room had no bugs & the sheets were clean. On our 2nd stay we splurgesd & got a room on the top floor with a balcony. Enjoyed the ships coming & going into Miami. Beach is great, pool ok. Paid $95. travelled with 2 teens

Room Tip: Pay the extra for an oceanfront with a balcony. Higher rooms have better views but the elevator is...
  • Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank mamacita
fkennedy, Manager at Seagull Hotel Miami Beach, responded to this reviewResponded October 4, 2011

we are so happy you enjoyed your view, we look forward to seeing you again in the future and would be happy to get you in a high floor with a balcony