“People Tend to be Too Picky”

Four Points by Sheraton Miami Beach
Ranked #139 of 212 Hotels in Miami Beach
A TripAdvisor Member
Medicine Hat, Alberta
Reviewed April 12, 2006

This hotel is beautiful when you step into the front lobby. It is done very nicely and is very clean. The rooms as well was very nice and a good size. It is right next to the ocean and the board walk. You can go up and down the beach from there and see alot of very interesting scenery and resaurants.
The pool was very nice and it had a little outdoor tiki bar for refreshments right beside the pool.
The food was very good and reasonably priced. I think people tend to over exaggerate and are wanting to have people wait on them hand and foot. Wake up people!! This is a hotel not an all inclusive resort or cruise line!!
This hotel met all of our expectations and had a great location as well.

• Stayed: April 2006
3  Thank A TripAdvisor Member

A TripAdvisor Member
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed April 6, 2006

My husband and I nearly changed our reservation after reading all of the negative comments about this hotel.
We travel extensively and were happy with our clean room, pleasant staff, working elevators, and large pool. Yes, there is valet parking due to the construction of the new parking garage, but this was never a problem. Our car was always brought to the front door on time and a tip was never expected.
The location is wonderful and perfect for long walks on the boardwalk after a busy day.

• Stayed: April 2006, traveled on business
3  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed March 29, 2006

We just returned from South Florida, where we stayed our first night at the Four Points Sheraton Miami Beach. We took a red eye flight from Seattle to Fort Lauderdale and arrived at the hotel at 1:00 PM to spend the night prior to our cruise. Since check-in time is at 3:00 PM we were not surpised that early check-in was not available. We had some lunch and waited until 3:00 pm and were told that our room was still not cleaned. The desk attendants as a whole were very rude and didn't seem to care when our room would be cleaned. We were then promised it would be ready at 4:00 pm. At that time I checked back with them and it was still not ready. Having not slept the previous night and in need of a shower, this was starting to get irritating. Finally at 4:30 pm our room was ready thanks to the new crew that took over the front desk at 4:00 pm. We were not the only people waiting for a room, as many were still waiting in the lobby after 5:00 PM for a 3:00 PM check-in. The new staff was apoligetic and offered us complementary breakfasts.
Aside from the front desk personnel, the location of the hotel, and the lobby and pool area are nice. I can't say I will stay here again, and Starwood should not be proud to have their name associated with this facility.

• Stayed: March 2006
6  Thank onenuttodd
Reviewed March 20, 2006

We just returned from 4 points and we had a very good wk. our room was oceanview and had a balcony,it was clean and well kept .The maids did a good job..the hotel is smaller than most we liked that and the pool was clean, the resturant real good and the prices were good for Miami..Walls are a little thin and the elevator slow at times but not that bad! didn't like paying for chairs on the beach at 10$ a chair!! but get there early and you feel like you get your moneys worth because the beach is beautiful..tips: take the bus across the st for 1.50 to Lincoln rd,alot of shopping and outside cafes etc was fun .then on Lincoln rd take the s. beach bus to s. beach for 25cents(they are clean and nice)back at 4 points hotel walk towards marriot hotel past there and find Carrabbas italian resturant it is great you will have fun there and food was excellent!good prices too..enjoy not a party place which we liked..

• Stayed: March 2006
4  Thank LOVETOTRAVEL089
Reviewed March 14, 2006

We stayed at the hotel for a week, our intentions were to find a nice hotel, on the beach, at a decent price. This hotel was clean, staff were very friendly, pool area was nice and the beach area was perfect. For the price paid, this hotel was more than I expected. After reading all of the negative reviews, I was afraid to go there, however we thought we would try it and see what happens. Our check in service as fast, room was clean and more than adequate, bathroom was clean and better than most. The elevators were not fast but they were acceptable, after all, this was a relaxing vacation, not a race. I never waited more than 3 minutes for an elevator. The only complaint I would have was the restaurant. Their dinner menu was a bit pricey and limited but the food was excellent. Prior to going to the hotel I did my research and we knew we had to walk a ways to get to the "action", I assume the prior reviewers expected everything to be right next to the hotel??
We will be going back, this is just what I expected when I researched the area and paid a fair price.

Stayed: March 2006
9  Thank REO1
Reviewed March 10, 2006

This hotel is living off its beach front location and that's it—it really should be bulldozed.

I had a conference at this hotel the last week in February. The hotel was average; I could live with the slow elevator, inconsistent staff (some nice & some rude), distance to SoBe, and the smallish rooms. What put me over the top was the cockroach I found on in the bathroom on my last night. I understand that tropical climates have bugs but not for $ 200 + a night.

The conference was on strategic business measurement—we even had an exercise where we tried to figure out the hotels strategy—we could not find one (which might explain a few things), and had to switch hotel brands for the exercise.

Don’t be fooled by the price—pay more and be happy!

• Stayed: February 2006, traveled on business
2  Thank JimBobMinneapolis
Reviewed March 9, 2006

I've just returned from a 5 days stay at the hotel.
I think the hotel is not so terrible as some guests have described here, though some of the problems are true.
Valet parking takes 30 minutes. The first guy who took my car tod me a polite"no tip no car". I just pretended I didn't understand, cause I didn't want to overate my 15 dollars/ day parking price, and the service was OK during the following days.
Just call de reception or get dresses an go to the lobby as soon as you wake up and ask for your car. It will be parked on your hotel door when you leave the hotel after breakfast.
The staff was not rude, though I ve heard an employee complaint in spanish about insuficient staf at the hotel.
The elevators are old, though not slow enough to considetr it's a scandal. Some people in this forum never complain about the terrible elevators we find in hotels in Paris.
The lobby is OK, the pool is nice and you are 30 steps to the see
The restaurant closes at 10 pm and the room service also
Consider parking your car after dinner
The place is not near any restaurant or interesting site by walking, though you need a car in miami beach.
CThe rooms are spacious , the bathrooms are nice and the service also
Consider it a good chloice if you can spare 50 dollars a day in relation to the expensive south beach hotels

Stayed: March 2006