“not bad”

nice hotel,
good location,
free coffe,
Nice Swiming pool

I had to wait till 7PM to get into my room on the first day after a long trip and arriving at the hôtel at 11AM
the wifi stoped working many times,
the parking is very expensive

Room Tip: the junior suite on the .20 are very good 620,720,820
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (268)
  • Arabic first
  • Hebrew first
Minneapolis, Minnesota, United States
Reviewed March 17, 2014 via mobile

Hotel looks great...once you get inside...not so great.

The bar staff was rarely there, even during operating hours. The ATM was broken but not one staffer knew that. There was a photo shoot taking place closing the pool area and beach access for 4 hours that guests did not get notice of. It also took 3.5 hours to get into our room.

The pool area and beach access was beautiful and the room was great. Our balcony suite was amazing...I just wish the rest of the hotel was as great as the room.

Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Toronto
Reviewed March 12, 2014

Stayed here for the second time for 3 nights in February 2014 and was impressed again with this hotel. Spacious, clean rooms, friendly service at the front desk, free coffee in the morning a welcome bonus, and love the pool/beach access. The room we stayed in had a balcony facing the ocean with gorgeous views and lots of sun. We were also impressed with the poolside lunch food and delicious tropical drinks. Overall, we had another wonderful stay here and will return again for sure.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank emfer
Chatham, Massachusetts
Reviewed March 10, 2014

The room is medium small-the closet and bathroom tiny. If you want a decent view you have to pay for it. We had a view of the side of another hotel. On the plus side- the location was good-we were located on the beach- the staff was pleasant and helpful. Not luxury--but pleasant if you do not have great expectations.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank HarryR37
Boston
Reviewed March 8, 2014

If you don't know it, the Four Points brand was designed to compete with Holiday Inn, Best Western, Days inn, Comfort Inn, and others of that ilk. The fact that the word "Sheraton" is in the name is purely to give them a tie-breaker over the others in their class. So, if your expectations are that you're staying in a Holiday Inn, then this place meets (and possibly exceeds) those expectations.

There are a bunch of untrained kids working in this hotel - front desk, valet, restaurant... everywhere (as you should expect at the Holiday Inn). Every single one of them has the classic "deer in the headlights" look whenever you speak to them - in English. I was going to give this place a 4, or possibly 5, star rating until my room key demagnetized and I had to call down for security to let me in. They showed up promptly... but they let me in to me in my room without asking me for an ID. I simply said "Thank You" and he left. That is a 1-star loss (and I might be being generous). But they also couldn't accommodate a small request to make a turkey sandwich in 25 minutes (I was leaving for golf and was rushed - I simply wanted a box lunch) and they couldn't accommodate a request to move me to a quieter room (I had the street side with buses and trucks right outside my window and a screaming child in the room next door and I asked them daily to move me until I gave up after day 3).

Here is what is good about this place if your expectations are Holiday Inn: They have a good location right off rt 195, right on the beach, and right next to the Fontainebleau (more on this in a second). The hotel is probably a very old building (probably 100 years old), but it has been totally restored and done nicely (for a Holiday Inn). The pool and outdoor Jacuzzi next to the boardwalk is another plus. The valet service functioned pretty flawlessly for $30/night.

Perhaps the most redeeming quality is being located next to the Fontainebleau. They sunk a gazillion dollars into the remake of this stallworth place in 2007-2008 and finished just in time to go bankrupt during the bad economy. Since one corporation's loss is always another's gain, some entity bought it out of bankruptcy and is now laughing all the way to the bank - or so it seems. I found myself walking over there daily and each evening. They have a great coffee shop with incredible pastries, etc. They have a solid collection of restaurants (Vegas style) and they have a really live lobby bar scene.

If your expectations are in line, and you understand that you get what you pay for, this place is fine and perhaps has a few pluses. I simply had to take away some points for a few inexcusable gaffs.

Room Tip: Spring for a beach side room... buses and traffic on the street side are annoying - especially at 7A...
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled solo
4 Thank NeroDavalo
Los Angeles
Reviewed March 5, 2014

That's the nicest thing I can say. It really is a nice, well air conditioned lobby. The employees are very friendly as well. And the restaurant is perfectly edible.

That being said, the room was pretty dingy and gross. I had an ocean view with a balcony. It looks like everything was from about 1985 and hadn't been touched since then. For the price, it isn't that bad, but if you can afford it, there are much better places in Miami Beach.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
nj
Reviewed March 4, 2014

Room was fine. nothing luxurious. I did not get the ocean view I requested, or the upgrade I was entitled to, I was offered a room with a beautiful view of indian creek and 2 free drinks at the bar.
see picture for spectacular view. at least the free vodka made me forget that I asked for a suite and a view.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple