“Four Points by Sheraton Miami: Great experience!”

Four Points by Sheraton Miami Beach
Ranked #139 of 212 Hotels in Miami Beach
Reviewed January 31, 2014

After a forgettable experience past year, this familiar vacations where awesome! When we arrived, we realized that our Room had no view and no fríg. We asked the concierge to change our room, so she agreed and changed for another with good sight, frig, and without any additional charges! I noted that hotel crew had beatiful predispotition to solve any little thing, also maintenance ones. The hotel has free wi fi and courtesy coffe, very good pool. Location is great, sure, with nice view. Breakfast & dining prices are affordables. We have a Great time in that Hotel, we recommend it!

1  Thank Cristian R

Reviewed January 30, 2014

The rooms are extremely poor furnished the lobby was very nice if the rooms would look the same way would be a much nicer stay, balcony was like one big balcony fo rthe entire floor (good part was room and balcony nice and big )

My advise for this price you can get at the neighboring hotels way better value
the hotel service was excellent

Room Tip: Make sure to have beach view and balcony if possible
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank J L
Reviewed January 28, 2014

I made reservations for my family for a junior suite at this hotel from Thursday - Sunday. The day before arrival I called the hotel to confirm the reservation and let them know we will be arriving after midnight on the following night. When we arrived I was handed the key cards and proceeded to my room. When I opened the door I was shocked to find that this was just a standard room as the front desk didn't mention anything about this. I proceeded downstairs to the front desk where the women behind the desk didn't want to hear my complaint of not getting the room I booked and PAID for. Nor did she seem to care that I was an SPG Gold Member. She had such an attitude, she didn't seem to care when I mentioned that we all can't fit into this room. She finally agreed to have maintenance send up a cot.

The next morning I went back to the front desk where I spoke with the manager Andre. He was so professional and a pleasure to deal with (although it felt like I spent half the day at the front desk). After going back and forth a few times Andre seemed to work his magic and we were in our room (a junior suite, the room we booked and paid for) by Friday afternoon.

Overall I thought this was a nice hotel, Things I liked about this hotel were the location, lobby, pool, complimentary coffee and free Wi-Fi and general nice staff. Thanks again Andre.

The reason why I didn't rate this hotel higher was due to the front desk night staff, and $29 for parking seems a little excessive.

1  Thank Eddie11234
Reviewed January 24, 2014

Great hotel! Amazing location! Relatively friendly staff. The only catch is the $29 valet parking. No other close by parking options. But I would still get the valet because it allows you in and out multiple times. Great pool, whirlpool and beach front. Loved it! Staying there next time I'm in town.

• Stayed: January 2014
Reviewed January 23, 2014

I just had the most outstanding experience with one of the manager’s – Andre, at the four points. We needed to make some last minutes changes to our reservation that were a little time consuming, at the very end of the day, as Andre was about to leave. He put his things down, spent tons of time with us and ensured that our reservation was amended, far above and beyond the call of Andre’s duty.
I will be back at this hotel, and plan on referring friends here as well. Manager’s like Andre remind me why I always stick with SPG.
When you encounter top quality customer service, you don’t easily forget it. Thanks!!!

Reviewed January 21, 2014

My extended family (10 of us including 4 kids aged 2-8) went on a cruise January 2014. I decided to book this hotel for our pre-cruise stay and was quite nervous about it given the reviews. I was pleasantly surprised with the actual hotel. Yes the walls are on the thinner side, but it was more then fine, nice and clean. Comfortable bedding. Good location. Staff were very friendly.

We had 3 rooms in total, 2 of which connected (one was a corner room, nice and spacious). In the one that did not connect (I think #705), there was a significant leak from the bath tub faucet. Not just a little dripping, the water was running. My relatives from Europe stayed in this room, dealt with this their first night (after checking in late), but informed guest services at 9 am about the problem. No one came to fix the faucet during the entire day. Once they got back to the room after dinner, they noticed half of the bath tub was filled with water and decided to try to get it to drain. They succeeded, and while not delighted with the continued dripping/running of water, they were too tired to bother asking again for maintenance staff to deal with it, and didn't ask for a room change as hauling luggage around late in the evening was just not worth the trouble when we were checking out in the morning.

I thought it was unacceptable the hotel had done nothing about this all day long. The hotel was very lucky the bath tub didn't overflow and cause water damage. Once I spoke about this with guest services/front desk, the staff were quite apologetic. As I had booked my family back in this hotel for 2 nights following the cruise (just 1 room this time), I requested they receive a room upgrade for their stay Jan. 15-17th. The manager had been consulted and while they couldn't guarantee an upgrade, they would "certainly try to accommodate the request if they had any availability". It was not done, and that while the room my relatives ended up in was likely the same category room, the views were worse than the original room. Nothing was done to make up for the inconvenience and to make up for the lack of action on the hotel's part for this issue.

My conclusion? Some reviews here are too harsh. The hotel is nice enough, the staff are certainly friendly. I might even consider staying here again if I found a good rate. BUT if you encounter any issues, I'm not convinced they'll be resolved to your satisfaction.

2  Thank MPE2014
Reviewed January 17, 2014

We were welcomed by valet and quickly checked in. Employees were very polite and helpful. My husband wished we booked another night before our cruise. Everything was clean, easy access to beach, nice pool, tikki bar,restaurant. Conveinence store down the street for all your need, walking distance 4 blocks. Boardwalk was very nice to walk. We will be back again for sure!

Room Tip: $25 to park or unlimited valletta for $30, take the vallet, so much worth it.
1  Thank Diana T
mamidon, General Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Miami Beach, responded to this reviewResponded March 18, 2014

Thank you for the kind review. We look forward to serving you again.