“Wonderful Weekend at Four Points”

Four Points by Sheraton Miami Beach
Ranked #131 of 208 Hotels in Miami Beach
Los Angeles, CA
“Wonderful Weekend at Four Points”
Reviewed September 3, 2013

Spent the long weekend at this hotel with family for a wedding (6 rooms). Ours was an ocean view room on the ninth floor. Spectacular sunrises every morning. Hotel location is great with gorgeous beach and boardwalk just steps away. Located next door to the Fountainbleu Hotel (complete with trendy disco and first class restaurants) and a cab ride away from Lincoln road shopping and South Beach. Our experience at this hotel far exceeded our expectations. I am a long time SPG member and was very pleasantly surprised. We all arrived at various times to find all the rooms ready. From Check-In to Check-Out, the staff was attentive and courteous. too many to name them all.... I asked for a shower cap and heard a knock at the door within 3 minutes! The staff at the pool and restaurant as well were all smiles and extremely professional. The lobby area was always clean and bright, and the all-day complimentary coffee and tea area was a tremendous amenity for a hotel of this size. Our room was comfortable and clean - the only things that really matter. Would highly recommend this property!

2 Thank tzanchan81
mamidon, General Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Miami Beach, responded to this review, September 23, 2013
Our team really enjoyed your group. Please come again soon....bring everybody.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (266)
  • Arabic first
  • Hebrew first
Ankara, Turkey
Reviewed September 3, 2013

We stay at April for 11 days. We trusted to brand Sheraton but it is too far away from Sheraton quality.Our First room was very dirty and mastresses are very old. Blankets are dirty. The room was very powdery. We changed the room, But nothing changed. İ thought that they need to upgrade everything about hotel & equipments.The staff is vey helpful and they are very kind but they do not have anything to do with hotel conditions. The hotel and all they had was too old. Only the position is good. Breakfast was very poor, we went to other hotels to have breakfast. Parking is expensive. We do not want to stay there again.

Room Tip: Try to stay a new hotel
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank unal c
mamidon, General Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Miami Beach, responded to this review, September 20, 2013
We regret that you didn’t enjoy the hotel and we regret that when you made your reservation you failed to realize that we were 100% non-smoking. We realize that this restriction caused great hardship and we regret that we were unable to provide you the flexibility you had hoped for. Many of the hotels in the U.S. have similar policies and we recommend checking policies prior to arrival. Once again we apologize.

Travelers are raving about these Miami Beach hotels

San Jose
Reviewed September 3, 2013

I stayed over a weekend with my husband, chose the property because I could afford it with starpoints. I expected a very basic property for what I paid, as long as it was clean and close to the water as appeared on site, I would had been happy. This property totally surprised me. From outside, it doesnt look like much, but the lobby seems recently done and is very comfortable. The front desk clerk inmediately gave us an ocean view suite upgrade (SPG Gold), a late check-out, and a free drink (Oline, a trainee, super nice). Room was huge, excellent bed, 2 TVs, amazing view over pool and on to ocean. Sergio at the pool bar was super nice too and gave us some nice tips on local area. The food on room service was also quick and very good. Overall I ended up loving the place, its not walking distance to the fun in south beach, but its less than $10 Cab away, much quieter, a great to sleep-in and rest property, the sand at the beach is cleaner and softer (not concrete-y as further south in front of all the bars and huge hotels)

Room Tip: We got an executive suite as an upgrade, yet we loved it. Very comfortable and spacious. Separate sh...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank BeachFairy
We are so very happy that you enjoyed your stay and we're grateful for your loyalty to Starwood Hotels as your "Gold" status states. While we aren't supposed to provide suites as upgrades....we didn't see the harm. Please come back soon.
Siler City, North Carolina
Reviewed September 3, 2013

Excellent hotel, right on the beach. Nice pool and hot jacuzzi. Good location to the Mall and easy, inexpensive public transportation. Fly into FLL for better airfare. One of the perks is $5.00 each day you bypass housekeeping. We had a corner room with a beautiful view og the water way and city lights. TV channels suck, but who cares...

Room Tip: Ask for 8th floor, corner room.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Thank you so very much for your kind review. We look forward to your return.
New York, New York, United States
Reviewed September 3, 2013

Before booking this hotel I knew what to expect from it. I stayed in this hotel few times. I knew it wasn’t a 5 star hotel... it was an average hotel. I always stayed in this hotel with my girlfriend who is now my wife and my previous experiences were good... This time I brought my 2 kids with me (4 years old and 16 months old). I booked this hotel through expedia.com for August 25, 2013 till August 30, 2013. My check in was very quick. They told me my room was ready. There were 2 beds in the room and they also gave me a baby crib.
My room was okay, nothing special, it was facing the street…. One big minus that we noticed right away is that curtains on the window were VERY OLD… and the bed mattress was touching the curtains… we were afraid to move those curtains… cause they were REALLY DUSTY and if you close the curtains all the dust will settle on the bed… but this wasn’t the problem…. We were on vacation and didn’t pay too much attention to that… just left the curtains the way they were….

The problem was on the third day… when we noticed that our room wasn’t cleaned properly… it looked like it was cleaned very fast… we noticed there were CRUMBS on the floor… it wasn’t vacuumed at all… the CRUMBS were really big.. I don’t know how the cleaning service was able to miss them… so we started noticing ANTS CRAWLING on the floor and few on the bed… I started looking where ants were coming from… I noticed that under the phone table there was an ARMY OF ANTS PARTYING…. my wife called the front desk… and they send a cleaning guy who sprayed something on the floor and vacuumed the floor…. All night we felt like something was crawling on our bodies… when we turned the lights on… we saw ants on our bed…. The next day I packed my stuff and moved my wife and my kids to another hotel… I didn’t ask for another room… cause I wasn’t planning to take chances and find out what kind of CREATURES or SPECIES crawling in the other room….I checked out one day before the actual day….

At the check out the girl who checked me out… DIDN’T EVEN BOTHER TO ASK ME… HOW WAS MY STAY at the HOTEL and WHAT WAS THE REASON I AM CHECKING OUT EARLY… I ACTUALLY TOLD HER, that the reason I am checking out EARLY cause you guys have ANTS crawling in your hotel room… and than I asked her; do I get certain amount of money back since I am not staying an extra night… she said there is nothing she could do… cause I already prepaid…. As a good CUSTOMER SERVICE, she should have offered me some money back for the night I didn’t stay or at least to offer me a CREDIT for my future stay… she didn’t even offer me that… she just couldn’t wait to check me out and GET RID OF ME….
I was very DISSAPOINTED WITH THE CUSTOMER service.. Especially the front desk…. There is amazing people working that restaurant and by the pool … I could have asked to speak to a manager… but we were on vacation… and I didn’t feel like ruining my vacation and fighting over this… seems like this hotel is very good for college students who will get drunk and it wont matter whats crawling on them…
I wont be staying at this hotel next time… for the price they charge… you can get much nicer hotels… stay away from room 703…. It’s a ANTS PARADISE room…. Plus remember if you will book a room with street view… At night they turn on this GREEN BEAM of light… that points to hotel sign outside… but all the rooms which are facing the street have their rooms illuminated with green light… you can close the curtains… but all the dust in curtains will be on your BED….

VERY DISSAPOINTED WITH CUSTOMER SERVICE... THEY DONT WANT YOU COMING BACK TO THEM... BASICALLY THEY DONT CARE ABOUT YOU... this is not how you RUN A HOTEL BUSINESS....

1 Thank ArthurSaci
Once again I offer my most sincere apology. I’m pleased that we were able to discuss this matter and find a resolution that was to your satisfaction.
Hyderabad, India
Reviewed September 2, 2013

Awesome and large Hotel - with avery good Interiour. My Friends am me have been there for 14 Days. The Beach at Hotel was very clean with clear Water. Swimmingpool Area have been nice, but mostly much Guests there, so we decided to go better to the Beach. In Evening the Buffet for Dinner was very good and there have been a large Choice of Meals. Especially the Desserts have been very tasty. Reception Staff was very friendly and did gave us good Recommendations for Daytrips. We spend there a very good Beach Holiday.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed August 21, 2013

Overall the hotel is great! It's a good value, but there some items that we think should be addressed.

The first problem was with the valet. I called three times before leaving my room (as recommended!), and no one answered. Upon checking out, I informed the front desk of my problem. The front desk called, and spoke to someone to get the car. 15 minutes later and no car, my husband spoke with the valet. They said they were going then. Another 10 minutes later, my husband checked with the valet (very upset at this point). The valet claimed that they didn't know that we asked for the car until the fifth time we tried to speak with them. We tried contacting them a total of six (6) times, and still had to wait 45 minutes in the lobby.

In addition, it was very difficult to get drinks at the breakfast buffet. Each person we spoke said something different. One said we had to wait until someone came over, and another said we had to get it ourselves. 15 minutes after sitting down, someone finally was able to give us drinks.

There also was some confusion with breakfast for two people being included in our rate. However, the nice ladies at the front desk were able to resolve this.

The last complaint has to do with the depth of the pool. My niece is just under 4 feet tall, and she could not stand in the shallow end of the pool. It was above her head. I'm not sure how many children you have visiting the hotel, but this could easily be dangerous. It was great for the adults though.

1 Thank Jessica C
mamidon, General Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Miami Beach, responded to this review, August 22, 2013
Dear Jessica C,
I am grateful that you rated us as “overall great” however; I personally find the valet and breakfast issues completely unacceptable. I’m grateful that you have brought this to my attention and I promise to fully address it. I attempted to locate your stay in our records in order to provide a “gesture of good will” however; I’m uncertain as I have several guests who might be you. If you would please contact me I would like….need to make this right. I sincerely regret these disappointments.