“overprice hotel”

Four Points by Sheraton Miami Beach
Ranked #135 of 210 Hotels in Miami Beach
Reviewed July 29, 2013

good location, but small, dark rooms. Off the boardwalk on the beach. Good access to South Beach and close to shopping at Bal Harbor. 20 minutes to airport if no traffic, check for sale prices. Traffic on Collins closed during International Boat Show in February every year

Room Tip: ask for ocean front, otherwise, get room on side with no view
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
mamidon, General Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Miami Beach, responded to this reviewResponded August 6, 2013

Thank you for your kind review. Please allow me to offer some facts as your review appears to be informational. Almost all Miami Beach Hotels that are located on the beach are “off the boardwalk”. Bal Harbor is about 20 minutes away. Do not speed on your way there as you will definitely get a ticket. Starwood Hotels offers a “Best Price Guarantee” on their website. It’s “one stop shopping” …not all “deals” are available elsewhere. Collins road does not close for the Boat Show…although the traffic is very heavy during that time as we are “ground zero” for the show.

There are newer reviews for Four Points by Sheraton Miami Beach

Reviewed July 24, 2013

My wife and I recently stayed at this hotel as getaway weekend while we celebrated our anniversary.

The hotel staff was great. Very friendly and attentive. Made us feel welcome.

The lobby was very nice and the room was descent and cozy. Could have been slightly larger, but not bad.
The bed and pillows were very comfortable, the pool and hot tub were great. The workout facility could use an upgrade and some AC, but was fine if you wanted to get you "buff on" before walking out to the beach.

Biggest complaint were the doors! They SLAMMED shut every time someone went in or out. Very annoying, especially when the housekeeping staff were cleaning the rooms in the morning while we were trying to sleep in. I actually had to go out and speak to them and ask that they not let the doors slam..I got a very funny look back from one of the housekeepers..like dude..time to wake up!
Also got stuck on the floor with a bunch of teens with raging hormones who wanted to sneek in and out of the girls/guys rooms until 1:30 am when I finally yelled at them to go to sleep..sorry I was a little grouchy at that point.

Other than the doors and the fact that no one cleaned up the syrup spill in the buffet line (sticky flip flops suck) it was a great stay! Fantastic location.

I would return. Overall happy with my experience....

Gordon

P.s.... They do need to invest in the HD service for the HD tvs they have. (I'm a tv snob..not apologizing for that :)

Room Tip: Earplugs if you plan on sleeping in :)
1  Thank Gordybay

Thank you for your kind review. Please accept my apology for the mob of 15 year old girls. While they were well behaved they did have a problem grasping the concept of closing a door rather than slamming one. I’m perplexed by your “HD” comment as we just installed 42” HD units in all rooms with as many HD channels as were available.

Reviewed July 17, 2013

My girlfreinds and I recently just stayed here. From check in to check out, our experience was nothing but great! The people were warm and friendly and the morning breakfast was amazing. During the day, we spent the majority of the day by the pool/beach and our bartender, Carlos was excellent. He greeted us with a warm friendly smile and was so nice and attentive! He went above and beyond expectations and the drinks were outstanding!! When asked about what spots to hit up at night, he gave us numerous suggestions which was very informative! I would definitely come back and stay here. Prices were great and the location is on point. (a couple of miles from all the hustle and bustle of South Beach) A BIG THANK YOU to CARLOS!

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with friends
2  Thank brittany E

Thank you for your kind review. We have shared your comments with Carlos and he sends his best

Reviewed July 17, 2013

i'm startwood platinum75 ( soon platinum 100 ) , means i will be staying above 100 days a year in starwood hotels worldwide.
i came to the hotel late evening booking 04/09/2013 to 04/12/2013 , and the hotel staff refused to accept the rate rules of the spg promotion that i booked. i needed to call starwood headquarter , and they needed to call the hotel front desk and explain the two gentleman's at the front desk that they don't have any other choice but to obey the chain promotion rules.
i experienced lack of knoewledge of promotion rules , but i never faced such rude behavior of any hotel staff in my life, not to mention starwood ...
when i checked out ,front desk staff tried to charge different prices, but this time luckily not being rude

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled solo

Please accept my apology. I attempted to locate the details you speak of in our SGR system and I was unsuccessful. Starwood Platinum members have earned the special attention and benefits given to them through a dedication and loyalty to our brand that commands not only our recognition but a return of that loyalty in the form of service beyond all expectation. I regret that you were disappointed. If your Platinum Concierge has yet to fully address this misstep please feel free to contact me so that I can make it right.

Reviewed July 15, 2013

When my husband made the reservations I immediately looked for reviews on this hotel, since I am used to staying at more upscale resorts. The reviews were not good, and I was determined to change hotels. My husband insisted on staying there, and even called the MOD and explained that we had read sketchy reviews, and did not want deal with renovation noise. When we got there, we were pleasantly surprised on how nice it looked. Our room was newly renovated had a great balcony and very clean. The service staff was exceptionally friendly, from the housekeepers who went our of their way to say hello as we passed them in the halls, to the pool bartender and chef who was grilling burgers and hot dogs, the front desk and the restaurant servers. It was an excellent stay, I would recommend it. The location is awesome. The pool is small and nothing to write home about, but access to the boardwalk and ocean is!
I would like to add that I have been to Miami Beach at least 25 times in the past 20 yrs, so I know what is out there!

Room Tip: Ask for a newly renovated room. We had a balcony but there were no chairs. (bring your beach chairs...
2  Thank Sally V

Thank you for your review. I’m pleased that a fellow cyclist from Lake Country enjoyed their stay with us. If you ride the “Horrible Hundred” in November I’d love to say “hi” in person.

Reviewed July 15, 2013

This hotel and it's staff has always made sure that me and my family are very comfortable whether I stay there for work or pleasure. The rooms are comfortable and clean. The pool is nice and the hotel is located on one of the world's best beaches. The resteraunt has a very good breakfast buffet, with an omelet chef. Lucnch can be had poolside at the grill is affordable. The hotel is centrally located between the resteraunts of north beach and is just a short ride from South Beach. The staff has always been freindly and helpful.

Room Tip: The ocean view king suites are awesome.
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business

Hi Darrell P. Thank you for your amazing review which really just “made my day”. You see; we know we aren’t the St. Regis…but we don’t want to be. What we DO WANT MORE THAN ANYTHING is to be recognized for being friendly, clean and caring. I’ve spent my life in some of the most beautiful hotels…where nobody cared. This hotel is different. Thanks for noticing.

Reviewed July 14, 2013

Me and my Girlfriend stayed here recently and were extremely impressed. We have been to Miami together 2 times thus far. I have been to miami countless times. I am a huge stickler on hotels especially when staying in Miami. Most hotels located on ocean and middle of collins are very small tiny rooms, we encountered Palmetto bugs, window AC units. So i used my SPG rewards for a one night stay here with my fingers crossed. This place was immaculate (I wanted to take pics for reviewers). The lobby first, was done in all marble, complimentray coffee, tee, a nice bar with huge TV to watch a game, very large outdoor pool, detached hot tub and tons of lounge chairs outside for sun bathing. Second, our room was very large (oceanfront) had a fully functionally balcony that was also large overlooking the pool, and a perfect view of the beach. Bathroom was FULLY renovated all marble and tile. No corners where cut in this place, this is NOT your typical Miami hotel. Very very upscale. Only gave 4 stars for location (At the end of Collins, rental car or taxi a must.) Otherwise a great place.

Room Tip: If you can upgrade to ocean front
2  Thank Banksj

Thank you for your kind review and for recognizing our updated hotel. I remember having just moved to Miami and my first encounter with a Palmetto Bug. I thought it was a bat; it was so big and when it passed over my head I could have sworn that I heard small jet engines.