“Great Location on the beach!”

Four Points by Sheraton Miami Beach
Ranked #132 of 207 Hotels in Miami Beach
Bangkok, Thailand
“Great Location on the beach!”
Reviewed June 26, 2013

Checked into the Four Points in Miami Beach...rather ON Miami Beach !! for a quick getaway. The property was recently upgraded and remodeled... older property brought up to modern standards. Comfortable room with an Ocean View to die for!

Beach location required rental of chairs and umbrella from a non- hotel entity. I opted for a towel on the sand, instead! $12 for a chair and $5 for an umbrella daily..... not in my budget for a one hour stay on the beach in the water. The pool is great, too! Check in service was fine and the management was attentive. 24 hour coffee and tea in the lobby is a plus. Grumpy bartender was a downer, though!

Overall I was comfrtable and had a good time.

Room Tip: Ask for an ocean view on an upper floor.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (262)
  • Arabic first
  • Hebrew first
Santiago, Chile
Reviewed June 21, 2013

I booked this hotel after a conference to spend 4 days of relaxing time. At our arrival, we were given a room that wasn't good ... The air - conditioner was leaking water to the carpet ... so the smell of humidity was intense. The maintenance guy "tried" to convince us that everything was normal but it wasn't. One person at the check-in counter didn't find any room, but a second one did find it (kind of strange) ... but finally we were moved.
The new room was much better .. it was refurnished and decorated as it was shown in the photographs of the Hotel. The only issue at that room was that there is a "connecting door" to the adjacent room that was not properly sealed .... so we end-up hearing the couple in the room when they talk ... and they woke up early, so it wasn't great ....
In addition, the hotel next to this has a pool and a terrace that is used as bar at nights ... so if your room has view to the sea .... you will hear noise until late!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 18, 2013

Stayed for a week vacation.
Lovely hotel. Clean and quiet.
Staff are friendly and courteous and the daquiris are amazing. Try one during happy hour!
Lovely pool area with a gate leading straight on the the boardwalk and beautiful beach.

It's a fair walk from the Busier areas, but a reasonable taxi journey.

Thank you Four Points for an enjoyable week in South Beach!

• Stayed June 2013
mamidon, General Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Miami Beach, responded to this review, June 19, 2013
It’s our pleasure…come again soon.
Detroit, Michigan
Reviewed June 17, 2013

I'll just break down the pros and cons first, then explain further.

Pro:
Accidentally booked a room with two doubles and got it switched.
Got a bottle of wine and a cheese platter sent up to a room after casually mentioning that it was my girlfriend's birthday.
Calm, family friendly pool that doesn't seem to close.
Immediate ocean access.
Cheap drinks, decent happy hour.
Free coffee all day.
Free wine in the evening.
Free (And fast) wireless Internet.

Cons:
Not the newest rooms, but apparently they're renovating floor by floor. Plus it's a four points, not a W. It's great for what it is.
The staff could be a little more attentive. I know what it's like to work in a hotel and I realize that it's easy to get jaded but most people haven't worked in a hotel so it could be an issue.
English is definitely not a first language for many. This goes for the whole city which was a surprise to me. It wasn't a huge deal but I think that a language barrier may be the cause of some of the "distance" of the staff members.
This might have just been our room but our shower curtain (with a curved shower rod) was installed FAR too close so the curtain was actually closer than if we had a straight shower rod. I found it hilariously ironic but it really bothered my girlfriend. That could have just been our room though.

One con could also be that it's a couple miles from SoBe. I had no issues taking a cab ($12 + tip) or the bus ($2) to hang out in SoBe but if you think you're going just walk out and walk there it's gonna take you about 45 minutes at a moderate pace.

All in all, however, the stay was very pleasant and I have to say that I was really happy to experience a new Starwood property.

If you're not a HUGE partier, not too interested in clubs, traveling with a family, or trying to keep it a bit low key (or to be able to be low key if you choose to) then this is 100% hotel for you. I hope to stay here again!

Room Tip: The fourth floor is actually the second floor (I don't know?) so if they have you on that floor...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
mamidon, General Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Miami Beach, responded to this review, July 2, 2013
I just became a fan.
Brief, honest and attentive to details what more could one ask?
Pro’s...thank you for pointing them out. When you give away a million dollars a year in coffee and wine; you like to know that people appreciate it...or at least notice.
Con’s…two floors remain to be renovated and thank you, thank you, thank you…yes we are NOT a “W” just a humble little Four Points living in a “St. Regis” location.
The language “thing” does require some getting used to. English is spoken by everyone here though the accent may be from anywhere around the world. It’s the same whenever I go back to New York; can’t understand half of what they’re saying. Sorry about that.
Nothing is worse than having your girlfriend “mugged” by the shower curtain. I promise to find it and beat it into submission.
SoBe…correct….a short trip for joggers and cyclists…a long sweaty walk for everyone else. Cabs are suggested.
We look forward to your return.
Reviewed June 11, 2013

After reading the reviews on this hotel, I am shocked at all the negative reviews. Just returned from 1 very pleasant night at this hotel. Arrived in the morning after a cruise and to my surprise, they had a room ready for me- and a nice room at that with a great view of the pool. The room was pleasant and updated, very happy with it. We loved the pool area , the boardwalk, and the access to the beach. The lobby area is quite nice. All the hotel staff we came in contact were all nice and pleasant. Only complaint is that we could not get wifi at the pool area. Didn't particularly like the high cost for overnight parking, but we are from Chicago area and we find the same thing there at hotels.
Overall very happy with the hotel.

Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank T M
mamidon, General Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Miami Beach, responded to this review, June 12, 2013
Thank you for your kind review. We’re pleased that you enjoyed your stay. No WiFi at the pool has us totally baffled! The airwaves are generally filled with WiFi access from several hotels, businesses and the City’s open access. You should have had your choice of carriers. We agree that the parking folks charge too much. The hotel doesn’t make any money on the prospect but we would appreciate it if our guests could pay a little less. We serve roughly 70,000 guests per year. When we do our job, most guests check out smiling. If we disappoint; Trip Advisor offers a venue to share the disappointment with others. The total number of reviews over our 15 years is such a small percentage of the whole; but it still tends to warp reality. While those who are disappointed clearly have a reason to post; you didn’t and yet you took the time to share. We’re grateful. Come again soon.
Charlottesville, Virginia
Reviewed June 11, 2013

I was in Miami for business and wanted an alternative to the airport hotels I usually stay at so I rented a car and decided to stay on the beach. Having the ambiance was worth the commute in the mornings which for me was only about 20 minutes. The room was nice and clean. They didnt have a king bed available so I was upgraded to an ocean view with a balcony. The view was beautiful. Customer service was good except the bartender was a little slow. I chose to eat at the bar as opposed to a table for one in the restaurant. He took his time each time I was at the bar and did not seem to have any sense of urgeny even with only a few people there, it took awhile to get a drink. Only other compalint was there was little to no cell phone service but I was told there is only one cell tower on Miami beach so maybe its like that at others hotels as well? Overall, I enjoyed the hotel, the location was perfect, close to restaurants, shopping and the beach and it was much more affordable. Even the drinks were reasonably priced which is hard to come by at any hotel. I would stay here again.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank AZW9LVER
A very wise move indeed! We’re pleased that you enjoyed your stay. I wish I could blame the cell phone service on a single tower for the beach. While that part is true; the reason for your connection problems is that our hotel was built to withstand hurricanes. It’s done a fabulous job at that but in order to get a signal you’ll need to run your phone through our WiFi. As a former bartender myself I completely agree with having “a sense of urgency”. Your next visit to our bar is “on me”…and I’ll serve you myself. BTW….great photo!
nyc
Reviewed June 10, 2013

as the review before me, that is exactly right. stay away from that hotel. I stayed there, and had a horrible experience. that would be an understatement.
room was disgusting. filthy and noizy. service and staff was horrendous.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank janet r
mamidon, General Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Miami Beach, responded to this review, June 11, 2013
Thank You for your review. Lacking specifics other than the reference to the previous review and as my database doesn’t provide me with a Janet R. from NYC who stayed with us in February; I’m unable to review the notes from your stay so as to respond effectively.
The hospitality industry is more about managing “the experience” than anything else. You can be in the midst of a multi-million dollar renovation, have some of the highest cleanliness scores in the business and have the most desirable location on the planet. However if at the end of the stay the “experience” doesn’t meet “expectations” you are lost.
I truly apologize for any gap there might have been between your personal experience and expectations. I would welcome any opportunity you might offer to discuss the details of this “gap” and attempt to put things right.

Travelers are raving about these Miami Beach hotels