Four Points by Sheraton Miami Beach
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Soho Beach House(Miami Beach)
Hotel Pierre(Miami Beach)
  • Free Internet
Fontainebleau Miami Beach(Miami Beach)
  • Beachfront
Ocean Spray Hotel(Miami Beach)
  • Free Internet
L Hotel Miami Beach(Miami Beach)
  • Breakfast included
2,041 results
All reviewssouth beachnice poolhotel restaurantlincoln roadocean driveuber
Reviewed April 23, 2013

National reservations agents were friendly, but lacked some knowledge of the property. We enjoyed our 9th floor oceanview room very much, but our patio was joined to another and did not seem very safe. We elected to forego maid service for some hotel credits, but they didn't give us all that we earned. Watch them on this! The buffet breakfast was convenient for us and seems a value at $14.95 per person. Our child is seven and just over the age for free meals. We utilized the car valet service because it made our five night stay easier. They always brought the car within five minutes of our request. Beds were comfy, room colors were beachy, and the pool and proximity to the ocean are excellent. The only reason for this "poor" review is really the WiFi dead zone that we encountered and the hotel's lack of any credible response. They say on their website and marketing materials:

Internet Access
•High Speed Internet Access in All Guest Rooms (Free)
•Wireless High Speed Internet Access (Free)
•Wireless High Speed Internet Access in Public Areas (Free)

We couldn't get WiFi service, high speed or otherwise.
It was always "intermittent" and/or nonexistent.
We really needed to have internet access to monitor and manage our business even while on vacation.

It is unacceptable to not have in-room internet access.

Some hotel person came to the room to hook up a modem and cable. When they "got the WiFi to work," they left without giving us any better connection. The so-called WiFi remained intermittent and/or non-existentent.

Even our cell phones experienced problems with reception and service.

I don't need a lecture on how I'm supposed to be on vacation and removed from my duties back home. If we could have checked in just the little that we had hoped, we would have been more pleased with this property.

The SoHo beach club (next door) also has loud weekend parties. Our balcony door and window kept most of the noise out.

Don't walk around naked, though, unless that's your thing. Neighbors from nearby balconies and guests at the Holiday Inn next door can see into your room unless the curtain is closed.

Room Tip: Request a higher floor and ocean view.
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
mamidon, General Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Miami Beach, responded to this reviewResponded April 26, 2013

Please accept my apology for the difficulties you experienced with our WiFi. While I can only imagine the frustration you endured the property is far from a WiFi dead zone. In fact; there are signals available from three neighboring hotels, the City of Miami Beach and two from the Four Points; each of which provide in excess of 100 MB of bandwidth.
On the occasion that guests experience a problem it is usually related to the security settings on the notebook provided by the company the guest works with.
With the hotel being constructed to withstand extreme weather, cell phones may have trouble with connections if not routed through our WiFi. All of these connections are of course, free of charge.
We certainly understand your concern with regard to privacy. Whether one chooses to be fully dressed or “ala mode” while in relaxing in one’s room; privacy is to be expected. At the Four Points a guest would not be viewable unless they were to press themselves against the window. We would prefer guests refrain from such activities.

Reviewed April 19, 2013

The hotel is in a great location on Miami Beach and the lobby is very nice. Everything on South Beach is very expensive, so it is an affordable alternative. However, they really need to update the rooms and the fitness center. Everything is very dusty and musty. Once the hotel invests in a remodel, it will be a great property to stay at.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business
mamidon, General Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Miami Beach, responded to this reviewResponded May 9, 2013

Thank you for your kind review. We appreciate that you noticed our efforts to provide “value” on Miami Beach. We are in fact in the midst of a renovation and the next time you visit you’ll enjoy our new rooms which are amazing.

Reviewed April 19, 2013

We had a very bad experience whilst staying at this hotel for three nights recently. The room was very cramped and had a view of next doors wall, lighting was inadequate but you had to pull curtains completely to get privacy. Room was never serviced completely, we had to repeatedly ask for coffee, towels etc to be replaced.
The staff were in general very disinterested, at one point someone spilt and smashed a glass of wine near to the pool exit/entrance near the bar and I had to carry my son over broken glass in flip flops to get to my room. I was watched by two bored staff leaning on a pillar nearby whilst I did this. I complained and afetr a while someone turned up to clear up.
Bar meals that we ordered turned up as a takeaway.
Nice pool, good beach location but this hotel has some serious staff issues at the moment.

Room Tip: Carpets on 7th floor were filthy - looked like lower floors had been replaced with tiles.
3  Thank Martyn241
mamidon, General Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Miami Beach, responded to this reviewResponded May 8, 2013

Please accept my apology for the service issues you experienced. I am a bit confused however in some of the descriptions of our property. Being from the UK is it possible that you stayed in a few hotels during the course of your trip? None of our rooms face another hotel wall. We don’t use glass near our pool and the pool area has no “pillars” to lean against. There is no bar seating (regrettably) and serves no food. If your stay was recent you would have found our seventh floor out of service for renovation. Our remaining floors are newly carpeted and while tile is planned for the elevator landings; as of yet there is no tile. Regardless of the details we are grateful for your constructive criticism and will revisit those areas noted for additional training.

Reviewed April 16, 2013

If you are planning on getting any sleep, don't go here. Thank goodness I brought earplugs. We had the view of Collins Ave and the canal. We didn't have washcloths in our room and room was humid. $20 cab ride to the Art Deco section of the real South Beach. Beware of gratuity already included in all meals and drinks.
The hotel fountain bleu next door is great for the night life and use of thier pool.
The beachairs are $10 to rent and they are flimsy and i think the umbrellas are also $10.
The boardwalk along the beach is nice(except for a few occasional homeless people) and be careful when it's wet(very slippery).
Valet parking is $29 every 24 hours. Self-park in the garage across the street is $20 every 24 hours.
Location is on the beach.
Food at hotel is a bit pricey, but so is the rest of Miami. We ate at Johnny Rockets and it cost us $58 for 2 burgers, onion ring and 2 drinks.
Maybe the ocean view is quieter. If I were to go again, I would request it.
P.S. Free wine and cheese in the lobby around 4ish and free coffee as well. By the time we got to the coffee, it was cold.
I am a SPG and was not greeted as well as I have been in the past at other SPG resorts and hotels. TOO bad

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
mamidon, General Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Miami Beach, responded to this reviewResponded April 17, 2013

Please accept my apology. Nothing can be more frustrating than to be bothered by noise. Being located in what is considered the quiet part of town makes your comments even more troubling. We take any guest issue seriously with special concern given to noise. We don’t tolerate internal noise and we’ve taken steps to improve sound dampening with our renovation. Self parking at the nearest garage is actually $25 per day with no “in and out” privileges. Move your car for any reason and you’ll pay a second time. As parking is all but unavailable; we pay what you pay to park your vehicle and so charge $29 per day; however you can come and go as you please without additional cost. The beach concession next door will charge for services however; our lounge chairs and towels are free of charge to guests. Our most expensive sirloin burger in room service is under $10 and comes with a pile of fries. The free wine and cheese is but one of our many “free to guests” amenities. Gratuity is definitely included on meals and drinks everywhere on the beach due to our international travelers who often are not familiar with our culture. If you would consider contacting me I would very much like to offer a personal apology to our Starwood Preferred Guest.

Reviewed April 14, 2013

I recently stayed in the Four Points Sheraton, and I must say, based on the reviews I was expecting it to be pretty bad. Surprisingly, I had a most lovely stay. The staff was really helpful and friendly, and helped us out immediately upon request. The rooms were spotless and fresh smelling. The only negative was the outdated hallways. Overall, I definitely had a wonderful stay and would strongly recommend Four Points Sheraton as a great value for your money.
Thank you for making my vacation so enjoyable!

• Stayed: April 2013
mamidon, General Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Miami Beach, responded to this reviewResponded April 16, 2013

Thank you for your kind review and we’re pleased that your enjoyed your stay. Our hallways are one of the last phases of our renovation (currently in process) and you’re right that they’re outdated. Whoever thought that dark blue was a good idea in a hallway?! And the gray carpet?! Certainly they were joking. Fourteen years of reviews can certainly skew expectations though we enjoy the opportunity it provides. We look forward to your return.