“Good location,needs renovation” 3 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #123 of 206 Hotels in Miami Beach
London, United Kingdom
“Good location,needs renovation”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 15, 2013 via mobile

Based on the reviews I was expecting worse, however hotel is not too bad, average. Right on the beach, next to fun of fountain blue. Rooms are outdated but clean, oceanfront rooms offer a nice balcony and view. Noisy nights due to club/bar next doors. Breakfast very basic, but good service.

• Stayed February 2013
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
mamidon, General Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Miami Beach, responded to this review, February 22, 2013
We are glad to have surpassed your expectations; we only hope that more special guests like yourself take time to review us. We are in the process of renovating our rooms and at completion we trust you will give us the second chance to wow you. Again thank you for your feedback and for staying at Four Points By Sheraton.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (243)
  • Arabic first
  • Hebrew first
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 10, 2013

If you are visiting from a 3rd world country you may be satisfied, otherwise likely not. I saw the maid cleaning the room down the hall by the elevator and was amazed to see her spray furniture polish - yes furniture polish in the air before she closed the door to complete cleaning a room as an apparent air freshener. I guess that explained the smell in my room.

The door itself was flimsy and hollow and my key card failed at 11:20pm so I could not get into it (apparently maintenance left at 11:30pm). Took 3 trips to the desk with no luck until they found a master key to unlock the room, after 25 minutes wasted.

I was actually booked for 3 nights but canceled after 1 and moved to another hotel the remaining 2 nights. The location is also in a so-so area of declining quality hotels.

The common areas look much better than the rooms, which need immediate gut renovation, but I left before I could observe more.

Room Tip: Pick another hotel?
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
4 Thank JPhilly
mamidon, General Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Miami Beach, responded to this review, February 11, 2013
Aside from the “pretty dumpy” we agree with much of what you’ve said.

The common areas are indeed more attractive than the guest rooms…at this moment. However we are in the middle of a renovation and the new rooms will soon be the equal of the common areas.

The doors while meeting code, Starwood standards and historic guidelines (far from flimsy and certainly NOT hollow) were pretty ho-hum by Miami Beach standards. The new doors make a resounding statement; that being “WOW”.

Starwood’s efforts to be considerate of our planet and all who live there results in out-of-the-box ideas….like a cleaning solution made of all natural and organic oils. This blend of essential oils has been used for thousands of years and not only inhibits bacterial growth and supports a healthy respiratory system but also leaves a healthy shine on furniture without leaving behind chemicals....oh, and it smells great! The only two drawbacks are 1. It doesn’t work on windows 2. It often confuses our guests.

We’re sorry that we disappointed you but hope you’ll return soon and enjoy our new rooms as well as our enhanced butterfly garden created to support the endangered blue butterfly of Miami Beach.

Travelers are raving about these Miami Beach hotels

Tampa, Florida
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 9, 2013 via mobile

Arrived on Saturday, February 9 at 2:30 PM they said that the rooms were not available until after 4 PM and they said they hoped it wouldn't be that long and that they would call me on my cell phone. I also asked for a room with an ocean view if possible and then the front desk said they could give me a room with a view but I had to give up my king-size bed in exchange for two double beds. I felt having an ocean view would be better with two double beds than a king size bed without a view and said OK. The front desk never called me back and then when I came back up to the front desk at 3:45 PM to check in it took them nearly 20 minutes to get me checked in. They first put me in room 631 and was old and in disrepair with a view of the parking lot (not the ocean). I called the front desk and explained the problem and the exchange that had been made earlier and then upgraded me to room number 933. While room 933 was newer It only had two double beds And it had the same view of the parking lot. In fact it was arguably a worse view since there was a building partially obstructing our view in this room. At this point I was tired of fighting with them And just decided to accept the room as is and instead write this review since they had failed to meet my requests 2 separate times. My advice is for the price you pay to stay in Miami Beach you should be accommodated to some extent however that does not happen at this hotel. Do not stay here unless you wish to be disappointed as I have been. I will not return to this hotel or to the Sheraton chain ever again as a result of their repeated poor service.

• Stayed February 2013
2 Thank Clintucky
mamidon, General Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Miami Beach, responded to this review, February 15, 2013
Our hotel has the good fortune of constantly being busy. In order for us to provide a room to a new guest the former guest must first depart and the room must once again be prepared. In your case we didn’t need to call your cell phone to alert you of an available room; as you were already at our desk 15 minutes before the possibility of having your room ready.
As you can see by our numerous attempts to move you to a room that was close to the room type you had “requested… but did not book”; we want everyone to be happy with their stay. Regrettably booking the most basic of accommodations and hoping for an upgrade to the most sought after of rooms is at best a gamble. During the off-season and on rare occasions these gambles pay off. We regret that on this occasion it didn’t.
West Palm Beach, Florida
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 8, 2013

Good location for Miami Beach. Not in walking distance of much, but that is okay with me.

Room size is good for a hotel in the area. The furniture is outdated. The rooms are clean, very important to me.

Service by reps was pretty good, no issues.

If I were to be in the area again I would consider this hotel as a place to stay. It is normally less expensive than the surrounding hotels.

Room Tip: ask for ocean view if you can get it.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
We appreciate your positive comments and ratings on our service and value and thank you for sharing your review of Four Points. We are thrilled that you enjoyed your stay here with us.
Our location is definitely ideal, as we are surrounded by some of the best dining options and shopping around.
We hope that you will continue to choose our property when traveling to Miami and we that our current renovation will provide our rooms a more modern, fresh look.
Davie, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 3, 2013

We had stayed at the Sheration Key west! this site can't find it but it was amazing. we had a great time & recommend it to anyone looking for a good time. They have a free shuttle to down Town Key west & we took advantage of it too! you wouldn't believe how clean this hotel is, and the breakfast was out of this world. Don't miss out on this, the price is fantastic too!

Room Tip: choose one in the end area of the pool.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Huntington, New York
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 25, 2013

My wife and I spent 4 nights recently and had a great time. Room was upgraded to a King-suite br and oceanfront. After talking with rep at the front desk (Youbens) we were given our last two nights for a discounted rate, free breakfast for the final two days and a complimentary bottle of wine along with a fruit dish. All for just mentioning it was our anniversary. Great stuff. The room was nice if not a little dated. Pool was clean as well as outdoor hot tub. Everyone made our stay as comfortable and enjoyable as possible. Just minutes from the heart of South Beach and next to the extravagant Fountainblue Hotel, I would highly reccomend the Four Points Hotel.

Room Tip: Request a room with a balconey as the window do not open.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank rob h
mamidon, General Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Miami Beach, responded to this review, January 29, 2013
We are thrilled with your response and the compliments on our staff. We do have an extremely friendly and helpful team. We strive to provide exceptional service to all our guests. Please let us know if we may be of any assistance in planning future stays. We look forward to welcoming you back on your next trip to Miami.
New Jersey
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 23, 2013

We stayed for 2 nights over the weekend and really enjoyed it. Lobby is nice, service is great, the room was a little outdated in decor but it was clean which matters the most. Girl at the bar was amazing. We ordered daiquiris not realizing that its dairy, which I'm allergic to, and she replaced it without charge or attitude. Great experience.

• Stayed January 2013
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
We are pleased to hear that our staff provided you with such a great overall experience here with us. We hope that you will in fact return soon for another visit and we are confident that some of the issues you mention, such as outdated rooms will be addressed by our ongoing renovation.
We look forward to your next stay with us. Thanks again for choosing Four Points by Sheraton Miami!