“Decent affordable hotel on the Beach”

Four Points by Sheraton Miami Beach
Ranked #130 of 208 Hotels in Miami Beach
Forest Hills, New York
“Decent affordable hotel on the Beach”
Reviewed June 16, 2012

We stayed here for 1 night to enjoy a lil of South beach before our Carnival Cruise to the caribbean. We were very pleased with the hotel. Yes the room was small, but it was clean, had a decent view and right on the beach. We didnt witness any bugs or other unsanitary things in the room or hotel. I have no problems staying in that hotel longer if I had to. My friend had lunch in the hotel and she said the food was delicious. I will return.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (266)
  • Arabic first
  • Hebrew first
Arlington, Texas
Reviewed June 15, 2012

Priceline screwed up our reservation so we had to take whatever they had. Our view was of the building next to us, but that was okay. We received coupons for complimentary drinks upon check in. The room was very clean and tidy. The pool was nice, as well as the bell boy.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with friends
Jefferson, New Jersey
Reviewed June 9, 2012

Stayed for 2 nights in march in a suite. I thought the lobby and the pool area were extremely nice. The hotel is right on the beach so you cant beat that. The staff(especially the bar staff) was also excellent for the 2 days I stayed The rooms were basic nothing extravagant for being considered a suite. The views of the ocean were excellent! Everything was well kept and very clean. If you staying in the Miami beach part of Miami I would recommend this hotel.

Antwerp, Belgium
Reviewed June 5, 2012 via mobile

Nice view from the room, but that's all. When we arriving in the hotel, we have a room at the 4th floor, it was not really clean. A terras with no furniture!!!! They don't have it was the answer, we changed to another room because we are gold member, they forgot to upgrade!!!, and we have a suite on the 7th floor. Again a nice view, but they can clean first the windows before you see something.
The public places like the 7th floor are dirty. The staff is lazy, for example the guy at the pool....

If you see what other hotels are doing for their customers, they are doing nothing and that for almost the same price and they are member of the Starwood group....

Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank DVK72

Travelers are raving about these Miami Beach hotels

Montclair, New Jersey
Reviewed June 2, 2012

I am a Starwood Platinum member and for the most part have had good experiences at their hotels. This hotel's standards do not meet their standards and barely meet the standards of Motel 6. The rooms are all run down and in need of an upgrade (I was with 6 other colleagues who shared the same feedback). The carpet in my room was damp throughout the whole time and I am pretty sure I was breathing in mold the whole time. I think the AC just pumps in moisture as even my clothes were dank. The pool area is so out dated especially when you look at the surrounding hotel pools on Miami beach. Even the beach towels are threadbare and tiny. The restaurant service, although nice people, was pretty amateurish and the breakfast buffet was horrible unless you like powdered eggs and cold oatmeal. We also rented a business conference room and the windowless rooms were dreary and included flying termites!

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed May 30, 2012

Stayed here for memorial day weekend and the experience was horrible. The front desk staff is terribly unhelpful. Rooms are outdated and very small. And God forbid you leave any of your belongings behind. You get the run around, conflicting stories and you are called a liar. I will never stay there ever again and strongly suggest staying as far away from this place as possible.

• Stayed May 2012
2 Thank Nolaprincess
Brooklyn, New York
Reviewed May 27, 2012

Stayed overnight at this hotel in March 2012 prior to taking a cruise. Initially, I must say that I was apprehensive because of all the horrible reviews. But upon my arrival I was pleasantly surprised that the hotel was pretty decent, clean and quiet. The room I was issued was on the small size but I was very clean and the beds were very comfortable. The hotel location was pretty good as well unless you prefer to be mixed in with the loud craziness of south beach. You can also access the beach directly form the back of the hotel.
I also had lunch in the hotel and my food (broiled tilapia w/ grilled vegetables) was delicious. The restaurant was clean from what I could see and from the looks of other diners they had no complaints regarding the food either. Fortunately, I did not witness any of the negative issues stated by other reviewers.

2 Thank Celeste B