WINNER WONDERLAND

Review of Blue Moon Hotel, Autograph Collection

Blue Moon Hotel, Autograph Collection
Ranked #47 of 202 Hotels in Miami Beach
GreenLeadersGold level
“By chance, I found a jewel by the beach”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 25, 2014

This is a quaint hotel that offers water in the lobby and Sangria behind the front desk. The rooms are small but the staff is BIG on superior service. Fernando was exceptional in the bar area. Always helpful with information and he even stayed open a little late for my guests and I. Francisco was AWESOME. He was helpful on so many occasions and both were very genuine. While Fernanado and Francisco were mentioned in this review, all of the staff was pleasant and great. When I called down due to the closet light being out, the repair person was at my door within minutes. I was pleasantly surprised. I must also add that for the reasonable rate and level of service I would recommend this hotel to all. I surely will be back and I am already planning a return for a larger group.

Room Tip: Request a room with a view. I really had no complaints about my room but this hotel lends the impres...
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled with friends
      Location
1 Thank Lawrence H
Carlos_S185, General Manager at Blue Moon Hotel, Autograph Collection, responded to this review, September 4, 2014
Dear lawrence H,

Our goal is to make each and every guest feel they are at their home away from home. I am happy the read you had a lovely time and we look forward to your return visit.

Carlos Sarmiento

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (197)
  • Polish first
Fort Myers, Florida
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 22, 2014 via mobile

Positives- Nice bright, clean room. Polite and helpful staff. The manual elevator was cool! Location was perfect walking distance to everything. Negatives- Parking a little hectic, AC unit is loud and right above tv so it was hard to hear and runs constantly.

Stayed August 2014, traveled on business
Dear BeachLoverFtMyers,

Thank you for you kind review!

We look forward to hosting you again in the future. Please feel free to contact me directly and I will be glad to personally book your reservations.

Kind regards,

Washington DC, District of Columbia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 22, 2014

The hotel is in a great location - very close to the beach, restaurants, bars and places to go out!.
Very clean and the staff are very friendly and are available at all times. The bartender, Fernando, was fantastic!! We enjoyed every minute.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled with friends
      Sleep Quality
1 Thank avz123
Dear Av123,

Thank you so much for your recent visit and for your wonderful review. I am glad you enjoy your stay with us. I look forward to your next visit.

Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 22, 2014 via mobile

South Beach is my favorite vacation destination... Blue Moon is part of the Autograph Collection of Marriot Hotels so it is a nice opportunity to stay at a unique historic hotel and still enjoy the quality and amenities Marriot ensures.

Alexis at the front desk was the best! Definitely well trained in customer service! I respect great customer service and business owners who demand it at their business. Excellent service from the bell man to the cleaning staff and of course the front desk.

My friends and I enjoyed our stay and really liked the facility. Nice blend of old and new. The renovation was well done. The pool is really nice and the hotel offers a relaxing atmosphere in a bustling area of South Beach.

Excellent hotel, highly recommend.

Stayed April 2014, traveled with friends
Dear PittHD,

Thank you for you recent stay with us and for taking the time to rate us. I was pleased to read about your great experience and the difference my staff made.

We are looking forward to your return visit!

Best,
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 22, 2014 via mobile

Me and my girls were spending a weekend in this hotel to celebrate our b-days! The staff was super friendly and kind! As soon as we arrived we were welcomed w a cup of sangria! Rooms were very nice and clean! Love the hotel's happy hour and amazing bartender Fernando made us the best Mojito in South Beach!!! Will come back! Definitely recommend!!!

Stayed August 2014, traveled with friends
Dear Maire P,

It was an absolute delight to read about your great experience during your recent stay with us. My staff and I strive for 100% guest satiation and take great pride in our guest and service. We are looking forward to seeing you again at your home away from home!

Carlos Sarmiento,
Palm Beach, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 21, 2014

My wife and I had a great weekend at the Blue Moon. The location was ideal and we walked everywhere. Hotel was clean and well kept.
The staff was awesome especially Sarah and Jaymee at the Front Desk but the "man of the hour" was Zorr. He really is the best and attended to our every need. He was friendly and we enjoyed our chats with him.
We will be back real soon. Keep up the great work!!

• Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Carlos_S185, General Manager at Blue Moon Hotel, Autograph Collection, responded to this review, August 22, 2014
Dear Bricebah,

It was an absolute delight to read about your great experience during your recent stay with us. My staff and I strive for 100% guest satiation and take great pride in our guest and service. Yes- Zorr, Sara and Jaymee are true rock stars! We are all looking forward to seeing you again at your home away from home!

Moscow, Russia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 18, 2014 via mobile

Great location at the center of nightlife and fun only one block from the sea. Staff was super polite and helpful, the only minus is - no parking. but they have a valet parking nearby! Breakfast is amazing. lots of shops nearby, the bus stop is one block up, not far from the shopping Mall.

• Stayed July 2014
      Location
      Cleanliness
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
John P, General Manager at Blue Moon Hotel, Autograph Collection, responded to this review, August 20, 2014
Dear NatR86,

We are very happy you had a pleasant stay. We look forward to seeing you soon!