Blue Moon Hotel, Autograph Collection
$223
$451
$369
  • Pool
Shore Club South Beach Hotel(Miami Beach)(Great Value!)
$250
$217
Official Site
  • Pool
Fontainebleau Miami Beach(Miami Beach)
$379
  • Beachfront
The Miami Beach EDITION(Miami Beach)
$381
$369
  • Pool
The Palms Hotel & Spa(Miami Beach)
$269
$199
thepalmshotel.com
  • Pool
Grand Beach Hotel(Miami Beach)
$269
  • Pool
Hilton Cabana Miami Beach(Miami Beach)
$198
$179
  • Beachfront
Eden Roc Miami Beach Resort(Miami Beach)
$315
$246
$388
$284
Travelocity
1,744 results
All reviewsalfredoocean drivein south beachmarriott propertysmall poolcontinental breakfastceiling fanthe art deco districtvalet parkingbeach towelscollins avenuelocation was perfectper daythe entire staffpeople watchinghappy hourblock
FilterAll languages
Reviewed March 16, 2014 via mobile

This hotel is perfect for those who want the South Beach lifestyle but want to avoid the noise and chaos on Ocean Drive. BM is clean, affordable, and staff is friendly! Will definitely be staying next trip to Miami!

Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 15, 2014

Great yet small hotel. Everything is clean and the bathroom is very big. Staff is friendly. I would try this hotel again but next time try to get a bigger room. For two people from overseas with big suitcases it can be some kind of a challenge. :)

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 13, 2014

Outstanding hotel! The service is first rate. The rooms are not overly large but the are comfortable. The front desk is small but works well. The restaurant is first rate. The only drawback is the parking...there is none. They have a valet parking that takes 45 minutes to bring your car around once you ask. Well worth the stay. I would highly recommend to all who wish to be in the heart of South Beach.

Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business
Javier E, General Manager at Blue Moon Hotel, Autograph Collection, responded to this reviewResponded March 14, 2014

Dear Mike M,

Thank you for taking the time in rating us! It is Feedback like your makes a difference and allows us to personalize guest experience. In the future if your travels bring you Miami Beach, please feel free to contact directly.

Warm regards,

Reviewed March 13, 2014

I was headed to Miami Beach on business and found this hotel online offering a good price for my trip, so I booked it based on faith in the Marriott brand (and the overall positive reviews on this site). I was not disappointed .... it was a very pleasant surprise.

The woman on the front desk in the mornings is a real charmer and goes out of her way both to be very pleasant and helpful. She seems genuinely concerned about making sure you have a good stay. That makes a great first impression.

It's a small boutique hotel and its location is a block away from the beach. If you expectations are for one of the posh SoBe hotels on the beach .... don't stay here. But if you want a comfortable place with a staff that seems very happy and concerned I would recommend. I also liked that it was smaller with less traffic, commotion, etc. versus the glitzy beach front hotels.

Others have mentioned also that Collins Avenue is under construction which is a mess .... but once you are at the hotel it is not a problem. Little things like the valet is around the corner on 10th street, it is hard to get a taxi right now on Collins and some times the traffic is backed up. The hotel warned me in advance in an email about the valet being relocated .... nice touch.

I liked the local because it was close to my business but also because it was wedged in between Washington Ave and the Gault Ocean. So there are lots of restaurants, shops, things to do... the Wolfsonian is one block away. (I went and loved its displays.) Lincoln Road is less than 10 blocks away, so I went and had a nice dinner with people watching and window shopping. I walked a lot because the location was very convenient.

My room was on the second floor in the second building. It was large, clean and comfortable. The decor was fresh and modern. The room overlooked the pool area. There were a few problems .... but it might have just been my room and its individual location. There was noise from an external air conditioner but it did not keep me awake. My bathroom was a handicapped one which was unfortunate for someone who did not need those features. The shower had only a slight water pressure but when I complained at the front desk they said it would be corrected immediately. Still the room had lots of floor space, two chairs, a desk and chair and a nice comfy bed.

Wi-fi was free in the room and the lobby which I think is a real nice amenity for a hotel to have and shows respect for its guests. They also had a computer (MAC) and printer available in the lobby for use.

Other nice little touches -- coffee, tea, water in the lobby. Water and a package of cookies in your room. Bellmen who seems very interesting in making sure you had everything and that you had a good stay. You were always greeted with a "hello" and a smile when you went in or out.

Despite some little glitches with my room I would give this hotel and especially the staff a big two thumbs up and say consider it as a nice alternative. I will go back the next time I am in Miami.

Room Tip: Middle of the second floor of the second building has some outside noise from an air conditioner but the room was bright, large and clean.
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business

Dear Frequentraveler_724,

It was an absolute delight to read about your great experience during your recent stay with us. My staff and I strive for 100% guest satiation and take great pride in our guest and service. We are looking forward to seeing you again at your home away from home!

Best regards,

Reviewed March 11, 2014

I stayed over Christmas prior to a Cruise. I was able to get a good rate. I arrived in the late evening, Collins was torn up which is not the hotels fault, but I didn't see anything on their website to give me warning. to park my car rental became cumbersome as there was no valet or signs on how to park my car, which was not a great first impression. To park is $25.00 per night.

The positive qualities of the hotel was the vibrant colors of the hotel. The location is great as it is a block from South beach. the entire area is very walkable. The air conditioning was powerful, almost too cold. The room was clean which is a plus. WIFI was free since I am a marriott member.

I didn't use their small pool area nor eat at the restaurant. They don't have a gym in house, I was told there was one nearby, as it is about 5 blocks from the hotel. I paid the $10.00 only to be treated very rudley by the gym staff who didn't want to take my voucher.

I don't have a specific instant or dramatic experience that would validate the forming of a negative opinion. I just was not impressed and would rather spend my money elsewhere. It might be that it is an old hotel which was painted and refurbished, but still has a cheap motel feel. It might be the tiny rooms. it might have been the staff who though nice were not going to go beyond the standard. It might have been the 30 minute wait for my car after I gave a 20 minute advance call. It might have been the construction in front of the hotel.It might have been the expensive charge for a morning cup of coffee as there was not a coffee maker in the room.

So, it might have a level of entertainment and thrills for others, but I will try the Winter Haven next time.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear Escapefromthedesert,

Thank you for taking the time to rate us!

Your feedback will help us address the issues you brought to our attention and will give us the opportunity to improve our service. We value your opinion and regret that it was not to your expectations.

I hope you allow us to change your perception of the Blue Moon on a future visit.

Warm wishes,