“Small rooms but can't beat location”

Blue Moon Hotel, Autograph Collection
Ranked #51 of 212 Hotels in Miami Beach
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed October 29, 2013

The night clerk was really rude and kept implying that I was making up that I had two vs one rooms. The rooms were small but very clean and comfortable. The service during the rest of our stay was fine, except impossible to get extra towel. David was a gem. Very nice guy who made up for the horrible check in experience the night before. Cannot beat excellent location of hotel in South Beach.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
Emar R, Director of Front Office and Guest Services at Blue Moon Hotel, Autograph Collection, responded to this reviewResponded November 4, 2013

Dear Desigal7,

Thank you for sharing your honest feedback. Our guest satisfaction is our first concern and your discomfort with one of my staff it is a high priority. I have sent you a private message and I hope I can hear further from you so that I can address this issue accordingly. On the other hand; I would like to thank you for your recognition to the rest of our staff, specially David. Please do not hesitate and reach out to me erodriguez@bluemoonhotel.com.

Emar.

Reviewed October 28, 2013

Stayed at this hotel for a quick 1 night stay in South Beach. Great location directly in the heart of everything. Walking distance to dinning, shopping, and night life. Was checked in by a very friendly staff. I have stayed at a couple of places in South Beach with horrible service and staff... and this is far from it. They were great. As someone that works in the industry, I appreciate someone that can relate to the guest and be geniune at the same time. The rooms were a bit small as far as square footage but we weren't there to hang out the in the room. And as far as rooms go... most rooms in South Beach are not overly large so not a big deal. The room interior was beautifully done and felt very fresh and modern while still keeping the heritage and style of a South Beach hotel. Would definately recommend this location and have plans to go back.

• Stayed: July 2013
1  Thank phatlude982

Thank you for taking the time and sharing your feedback! I’m delighted to hear that you loved our location and that our staff delivered an exceptional customer service. We are review by many of our guests as high rise in the middle of SoHo and a resort in Las Vegas strip. We have different room types and they all vary in sizes. I’m glad that you enjoyed your stay and we are looking
forward to welcoming you back on your next trip.

Reviewed October 28, 2013

We had a lovely stay at the Blue Moon Hotel during my birthday in April. Loved the location and the convenience of having all restaurants and shops within walking distance. The airline lost our bags on day of our arrival and did not get it back until the day of departure, therefore we had to do lots of shopping during out 3 days trip. The staff were wonderful and accommodated us with a 1 pm late check out, per request. Loved the pool and the food.... Fish and chips with a nice cold Blue Moon beer!!!! Fantastic! We will definitely be back!

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
Emar R, Director of Front Office and Guest Services at Blue Moon Hotel, Autograph Collection, responded to this reviewResponded October 30, 2013

Dear GuillR,

Thank you for sharing your feedback and for your recent visit. I'm sorry that your airline lost your suitcase. I'm glad to hear that our staff helped to make this inconvenience seamless and you still had a great time in Miami. We look forward to your next visit.

Best regards,

Reviewed October 21, 2013

My husband, daughter and mum stayed here for 7 nights we cruised for 4 nights then back to the Blue Moon for 4 nights.
The service we received was first class, nothing to much for the staff. The first week staff gave us advise where to go to visit, transport advice and generally helped with all our questions. We were unfamiliar with Miami, we travelled from UK. The rooms were very lovely and airy, cleaned every day with very friendly cleaners. The restaurant staff were always friendly and seemed interested in us.. Zorr, Rob Emmanuela and lovely Rosie, we cannot praise these hard working staff enough. They knew what we liked to eat for breakfast Continental breakfast was included but we sometimes had bacon, eggs and toast which was lovely.. There was plenty to do, we were a very short walk from Ocean Drive where we loved to eat at night, the beach was just out of this world, the sea very warm.. we found the brolly and sunbed hire very expensive, just over 100 dollars for 2 brollies and four beds, but never mind, it has to be done.. We were close to all the shops and the bus service to anywhere was one street away, only 1dollar 50cents to anywhere. The staff organised our taxi to the port for our Cruise to the Bahamas.. When we returned to the Blue Moon 4 days later it was like coming home, we were welcomed back by all the staff and they took time to ask about our trip. I would recommend the hotel to anyone, if people don't like it then they must be very hard to please. What did impress us was the actions of all the staff.... When we got home to England my mum couldn't find her purse, she rang Blue Moon, who said the cleaner had found it and handed it in, The staff said they would send it to her, she asked them to take the money from her purse to pay for the postage, it was back with her within a matter of days, I would like to thank all staff for a lovely stay at Blue Moon, if I were to visit Miami again we would return to this hotel.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family

Dear Heather,

WOW! Thank you so much for taking the time to share such a wonderful review and rating us with 5 stars. We were all very happy to receive your recognition. I read your review in our staff meeting this morning and I wish you would have seen the happiness among our team. Review like yours is what makes our team so strong and wanting to continuing in delivering nothing but the best guest experience. We wish you great holiday season and we hope to see you back at Blue Moon in your next visit to US.

Warm regards,
Emar and Blue Moon family!

Reviewed October 21, 2013

I stayed at this hotel for four days every week for two full months and I have nothing bad to say about it. The staff members treat you warmly upon arrival and when you see them throughout the day. They are attentive and helpful and the level of service was five stars every time. The manager, Emar, was always professional and knows how to run this business. My stays were booked without problem and I was kept up to date. The beach is two blocks away which is perfect. The room itself is quaint, just the right temperature, and clean. This is the place to stay whether you're staying for a couple days or for a few weeks.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business

Hello,

Thank you for making Blue Moon your home away for home during the summer! Thank you for your recognition and your praises. We miss you already, please come back to visit soon :)

Warm regards,
Emar and the Blue Moon family!

Reviewed October 20, 2013

I was only able to stay one night at this property and wished I had more time to stay longer. I stayed in one of the corner rooms on the 2nd floor in the newer building and found the room to be very spacious, comfortable and clean. The front desk and bellman customer service was outstanding. The staff were extremely friendly and helpful. I felt welcomed and the staff went out of their way to make my stay enjoyable. The room faced Collins Ave which is under construction. I am a sound sleeper and didn't hear any noise from the street. The room air conditioner provided loud white noise. I had lunch in the restaurant downstairs and while the service was friendly, it was a bit slow - not a problem for me as I was on vacation and wasn't in any rush. The room had a laptop sized safe and they provided robes - which is a nice touch. There wasn't a bar fridge available in the room. I would recommend this property as long as it is far enough out of the 'action' to be peaceful but within walking distance to the beach.

Room Tip: Corner rooms in the new building are larger than the standard room and give you a bit more space.
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled solo

Thank you for your loyalty to TripAdvisor and for your 5 stars review! I’m glad to hear that your stay exceeded your expectations. My staff and I are delighted with your praises. We would love to welcome you back on your next trip to Miami. Please keep in touch and if I can ever be of any assistance do not hesitate and let me know.

Best regards,

Reviewed October 15, 2013

Stayed for four nights with my husband at the end of our holiday and it was the best hotel of the fortnight. Excellent location with a five minute walk to the beach and many shops and restaurants. About 15 minutes to the busy Lincoln Avenue shopping area. Every member of staff we came across from bar to restaurant to front desk to cleaning were just brilliant. Very friendly and helpful. Decent size room (we had a standard king size) in lovely fresh, modern decor with lovely bathroom and large shower. Continental breakfast is included which was great and prices were reasonable if you want to try their other options too. Husband loved the Rice Krispie French toast - but sweet for me, but the eggs Benedict was perfect. Free wifi was a bonus too.

Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Gemma N
Emar R, Director of Front Office and Guest Services at Blue Moon Hotel, Autograph Collection, responded to this reviewResponded October 19, 2013

Dear Gemma1977,

Thank you for your 5 stars review. I'm glad to hear that Blue Moon was the best hotel of your choice during your holiday trip to the states! It looks like our prime location and shops around it were a plus during your visit. Thank you for the praises about our staff, I will pass your recognition among our team members. I'm delighted to hear that you enjoy our complimentary WiFi. I will love to be able to welcoming you back on your next visit. Please keep in touch and if I can ever be of any assistance do not hesitate and let me know.

Emar.