Blue Moon Hotel, Autograph Collection
$258
$209
  • Beachfront
Marriott Vacation Club Pulse, South Beach(Miami Beach)(Great Value!)
$249
  • Beachfront
Circa 39 Hotel(Miami Beach)(Great Value!)
$153
$149
  • Pool
La Flora(Miami Beach)(Great Value!)
$169
  • Bar/Lounge
The Miami Beach EDITION(Miami Beach)
$399
  • Pool
The Hotel of South Beach(Miami Beach)(Great Value!)
$200
$169
Official Hotel
$179
  • Beachfront
The Palms Hotel & Spa(Miami Beach)
$268
$199
thepalmshotel.com
  • Pool
Room Mate Lord Balfour(Miami Beach)(Great Value!)
$220
$197
  • Beachfront
Pestana Miami South Beach(Miami Beach)(Great Value!)
$159
$135
Pestana Hotel Group
1,743 results
All reviewsalfredoocean drivein south beachmarriott propertysmall poolcontinental breakfastceiling fanthe art deco districtvalet parkingbeach towelscollins avenuelocation was perfectper daythe entire staffpeople watchinghappy hourblock
FilterAll languages
Reviewed February 18, 2013

But, then, what is on South Beach, Miami. The room was tiny. Bathroom awkwardly situated between the two beds. Hardly ANY lighting. No reading lights or lamps. Air vent blew directly onto one of the two beds. Toilet bowl right in front of the bathroom door. Don't know who the room designer for Marriott could have been. Had to be the first job or they where 20 years old.
And, Marriott Gold didn't even get a free bottle of water in the room!
The saving grace of our three night stay was the nicest, friendliest and most accommodating staff since the Berlin Marriott.

Room Tip: Ask to see the room first! Maybe the Main building has better rooms than the annex.
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed February 16, 2013

I called the hotel prior to booking my stay and spoke with a lovely gentlemen Emar. I told him i was thinking about choosing another hotel and he convinced me to stay and he was right! This hotel is a gem and it is because of staff like Emar that I will make this my new home away from home. When I arrived he made such a fuss over us, I felt like the red carpet was rolled out for me. Great job Blue Moon!

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled solo
2  Thank D S
Emar R, Front Office Manager at Blue Moon Hotel, Autograph Collection, responded to this reviewResponded April 29, 2013

Dear D S,

Thank you so much for your 5 star rating and for your wonderful praises. I am glad you enjoy your stay with us. I look forward to your next visit,

Emar
erodriguez@bluemoonhotel.com

Reviewed February 16, 2013

Pros: Happiest, friendliest staff ever; good location; Marriott points; clean and very comfortable
Cons: Misses on some of the service basics; several blocks to beach, pool lacking; no fitness center

We liked our 5-night stay at Blue Moon, but we didn't love it. We spent our final morning in town wandering through other neighborhood hotels to find the location of our next stay in South Beach.

Room was lovely but shower poured out onto floor every time and maid didn't come when promised (twice); pool was cute but very small and literally in the restaurant area; wrong car pulled from valet - over an hour total to get in our car; we got forgotten at the restaurant for over 1/2 an hour (bartender couldn't/wouldn't help, so we finally went searching for waiter); we reserved a king bed, but only queens were available

Room Tip: Ask to see room before you check in - make sure you are getting what you reserved; we were on 3rd floor over Collins Ave. But street noise was not a problem,....
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple

Thank you so much for your recent visit to Blue Moon. I read about the issues that you had experienced during your stay. I would like to personally be able to reach out to you so that I can bring your concerns to our executive team. I would love if you will stay with us again and will give us the opportunity to turn your previous experience around. Please email me at erodriguez@bluemoonhotel.com.

Best regards,
Emar.

Reviewed February 15, 2013

I had the pleasure of staying at the Blue Moon Hotel Feb. 8th-10th. On Saturday Feb. 9th my friends and I decided to have lunch next to the pool. Ashley and Onan ( I think that's his name) provided great service, as well as made us feel as if we were long lost friends. They even made drink suggestions that were delicious. Chef Sean even came out of the kitchen to greet us and to make sure our food was to our liking. All the food was perfect and Chef Sean even sent us out his awesome Jerk Chicken sauce. We were all impressed at how well the entire staff treated us. I will definitely be back.

Room Tip: Choose a suite instead of a room with double beds. It feels much more luxurious.
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank LarryJLockhart
Reviewed February 12, 2013

Just spent 4 nights at the Blue Moon in South Beach. I read several reviews before I went, so i was expecting the tiny rooms, noisy location and old elevator. I wasn't expecting such a lovely, serene environment, that was sparkling clean, with wonderful furniture and amenities just minutes from all the great shops, restaurants and the beach. What a lovely surpise!

We had an overall wonderful experience with a few minor issues. The room is tiny - Like open the door and fall on the bed tiny. We couldn't spend much time in the room because it felt claustrophobic. But this is what you expect with an older art deco hotel. The rooms had just been upgraded with great modern finishes. The bathrooms (although tiny) were clean, and beautifully decorated. The only time we spent in the room was sleeping and changing between beach wear and dinner attire. Luckily the bed was outstanding! We slept awesome with no noise or interuptions which is surprising considering it is in the heart of the South beach hustle and bustle.

The only few issues we had was that there was a fire alarm on our 2nd morning which went off at 7:15 am and again at 9:15 am. They said it was set off accidently by one of the kitchen staff cleaning. Seems strange. All the guests were awaken by the terrible loud alarms and waiting outside for the fire dept to come reset the alarm.

The other thing we noticed was that the restaurant staff lacked experience and training. We eat out a lot and really enjoy great food and service when we can find it. When it is lacking it can really change the whole experience. Lack of management and oversight along with inconsistent service seemed to be apparent while we were there. We ate breakfast at the restaurant everyday (lobster benedict and my husband had steak and eggs every day - delish!). We had lunch once and before dinner drinks every day. The bartendars seemed to not have all their supplies (not enough bar ware, or liquors, and often were distracted by lack of training, the computer orders had to be placed by someone else, they ran out of oranges for their fresh squeezed orange juice machine, they ran out of one of their beers, etc. Almost like it was the first week that everyone worked at the restaurant and they were still working out all the kinks.

Fabian was very nice, and knew what he was doing but seemed distracted by having to train the very young bartender (female) and tell her what to do all the time. Ian (first week on the job) the bartender was friendly and outstanding with service!. The manager was very nice to us and the The Chef came and chatted with us, and even cooked us a special tasting of his famous jamaican jerk chicken, since I had mentioned I never had it before. It was amazing!

When all other items at the hotel are close to perfect - it is easy to spot those areas that still need a little tweaking to get right. I hope the hotel management reads this and helps the wait staff with training, systems, supplies and overall oversight.

We will definetly stay here again and look forward to another relaxing vacation in south beach!

Room Tip: We stayed in room 136 in the Annex building. It was completely quiet and away from the street noise. Ask for beach towels at the front desk! Food here is great! Try fish taco's, or jamaican jerk chicken. Female bartenders were off - but Fabian and Ian are great!
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple