“I wouldn't even consider staying anywhere else! Loved it!”

Marriott Stanton South Beach
Ranked #22 of 208 Hotels in Miami Beach
Traverse City, Michigan
“I wouldn't even consider staying anywhere else! Loved it!”
Reviewed September 6, 2010

The South Beach Marriott and staff were FANTASTIC. Everything about it rocked:)

Check in was flawless, and when they learned it was my birthday, I was upgraded to a beautiful suite. Lunch on the patio overlooking the pool was great... the crab cakes were delicious! The pool was a little small, but served it's purpose. Poolside service was a little slow, and some fellow travelers actually had to call the front desk to get someone to come out and take their order, but the girl was so friendly that nobody could be mad at her.
My room was very clean and spacious. I loved loved loved the patio. I wish they didn't play the music in their courtyard, but if I shut my balcony door I couldn't hear it. Room service, in particular, was fabulous. I can't remember the guy's name, but he was kind of new, and so friendly and smiley and chatty that we ordered room service several times.
Housekeeping was efficient and also friendly, always offering a smile and a kind word.
The only thing I didn't like, and it isn't a complaint at all, especially since this was in an upgraded room, was that I was in a handicap accessible room with a roll in shower. Hot water was sparce and I would have enjoyed a normal shower. It also lacked counter space to put my make up and stuff so I had to keep everything on the back of the toilet, which is kinda gross. The desk staff offered to change my room, but I opted to stay because I loved everything else about it. This is just a very small thing. As I said, though, everything else made up for it.
The location was also great. We could easily walk out to the beach and stroll up to Nikki Beach (recommended!) and the nightlife on Ocean is walking distance. Lots of great restaurants on Ocean Drive, but they’re pretty pricey. We did enjoy tapas at Maya one evening, and salsa dance and a great party at Mango’s.
I hope you enjoy your stay as much as we did! Thanks South Beach Marriott for making my 40th Birthday so special:)

• Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (559)
  • Turkish first
Virginia
Reviewed August 29, 2010

Charming hotel with rooms on the smaller side. Friendly service, attentive, and welcoming. Best part is that IF you are looking for a less frequented part of South Beach with almost direct access to the beach then this is on the 3 or 4 hotels that meet this criteria. Good pool, restaurant, and beach service. Certainly would go back.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled with family
1 Thank Zoomer2You
AlexBlancoFOM, Front Office Manager at Marriott Stanton South Beach, responded to this review, September 1, 2010
Dear Zoomer2You,

Most of our guests stay at our hotel for two reasons; 1) To get away and relax and 2) to enjoy the South Beach scene. I am glad to hear that your goal of a relaxing time was met and that you were able to enjoy the peacefulness. We look forward to seeing you soon at The South Beach Marriott.

São Paulo
Reviewed August 28, 2010

Have stayed at the hotel for four nights, and the experience was not so good. When we arrived the check in was fast, what was good after a long flight. But the room was terrible, the smell of the floor was disgusting, the bathroom was dirty, and the beds we could see that somebody had used. We called a person who said it would be cleaned, but we didn´t want to stay there anymore. We went to the front desk and asked to leave the hotel, she was very nice and showed us an ocean front room and said we could stay there if we wanted. We stayed there because we were tired. This person at the front desk was very nice but the stay was not pleasant. Then, we tryed to have dinner at the hotel restaurant but it was closed, at 10pm. The location is very good, but I don`t recommend.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with friends
Dear maribr,

I am sorry to hear that your stay did not go as well as it should have. I can assure you that your stay was not typical of The South Beach Marriott. I am glad to hear that the Front Desk Agent was able to assist you in upgrading you to an Ocean Front room and making sure that rest of your stay went well. I apologize once again for the inconvenience and hope that you will give us another try to see what so many others experience when staying at The South Beach Marriott.

Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed August 19, 2010

The hotel was great...it's right on the beach...perfect if you are looking for somewhere to go and relax...resturarants, shopping etc are just minutes away...I can't forget to mention Roland he's the massage therepist at the hotel...when I say OUTSTANDING that's what I mean...I have had many massages from all over the world and I must say Roland is the best I have experienced thus far...so if you decide to stay at this hotel please don't leave unitl you visit Roland...

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with friends
Dear GothamEthicsDoc,

Thank you for sharing your experience with the Trip Advisor community. I am thrilled that we were eager and attentive to your needs. Our service, views, and location are second to none and I am glad that you were able to take advantage of them. We appreciate your concerns and are working on addressing them for the next time you stay with us. Thank you once again for your time and we hope to see you again soon.

Cork,Ireland
Reviewed August 12, 2010

This was part of our honeymoon and it was fab, there was some mix up with our booking by our travel agent, but it was sorted by the staff straight away and they were lovely to us. It was so relaxing and peaceful, It had its own access to the fantastic beach where the MIAMI basketball team were doing training, great view of it all. We stayed for two days then hit of on a Western Carribbean Cruise. OUT OF THIS WORLD..

• Stayed September 2009, traveled on business
Dear tashirl,

I am thrilled to hear that you were able to have such a wonderful and relaxing honeymoon with your husband. We are a popular hotel for guests that wish to go on the many cruise lines at the Port of Miami because we are very close by and due to the excellent service that you witnessed on our property. Congratulations to you and your husband and the South Beach Marriott wishes you both the best.

Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed August 11, 2010

My college friends and I made the trip down to South Beach as a graduation present to ourselves, and we stayed at the Marriott right by the sands. All of us are glad that we did! From the moment we stepped foot on the hotel to the time we got on the taxi to the airport, the staff there made us feel extremely welcome. We called room service on a few occasions throughout our stay and they were very prompt and efficient. It was also very close to some very nice restaurants nearby -- Joe's Stone Crabs is my personal recommendation -- and of course, the beach is mere steps away for you to enjoy and relax in.

The room we got was on a pricey side, but all in all, staying at Marriott made for a Very nice stay in South Beach!

• Stayed May 2010, traveled with friends
Dear mpopova86,

Congratulations on your recent graduation! We are excited to hear that you chose to stay with us to celebrate such an important achievement. I am glad to hear that we exceeded your expectations and we look forward to seeing you for your next celebration.

Quebec City, Canada
Reviewed August 6, 2010

We were there from August 2nd to 6rth on a last minute getaway-type trip. From the get-go, the personnel was friendly, genuinely concerned about making our stay a pleasant & memorable one.
It is well-locate, with it being right on the beach. Also, since it is at the end of Ocean drive, not too much traffic. You can easily walk anywhere; up & down Ocean Dr and Collins Ave. Also the South_Beach_Local (0.25$ !) bus is a short 2-3 blocks up.
The rooms are simple yet very comfy, clean a little noise (all we heard was the sliding of the patio doors). The A/C worked great which for this time of the year is a _must_ ... we were hitting over 38C/100F everyday.
The staff were quick to respond to any of our requests, were knowledgeable & had super restaurant recommendations.
Our biggest gripe : no free/organized transport to/from Miami Int'l Airport - it's Taxi (approx $35) for about 20-25 minutes.
All in all - a very pleasant stay - would return anytime.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled as a couple