The hotel has many strengths: a great location – tucked away outside the noisiest sections of SOBE, a cool, contemporary style (generally a stretch for Marriott) , killer views, a cozy pool and a handful of wonderful employees. Two employees struck as particularly special: Katherine the pool attendant and Seth, the concierge. Katherine rules the pool scene with efficiency and service. Seth nailed several recommendations for us at restaurants that were unique and wonderful. Without these two people, frankly, we wouldn't have really connected with the place. I spend about 30 days a year in Marriott hotels, and have felt far more welcomed and cared for in less swanky properties.
Several things stand in the way of this being a great hotel. One is the food, which was totally unremarkable. The concierge lounge is overwhelmed, with lackluster staff. On occasion, we abandoned the bar, because the one-man bartender couldn’t keep up with demand. Elevators run like molasses, making going up and down a hassle. For a smallish hotel, the place lacked a certain service culture and vibe you find in boutique hotels.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Enjoy effortless glamour at Marriott Stanton South Beach. Our Art Deco-inspired South Beach hotel in Miami Beach, Florida fits right in on Ocean Drive with some of the most stylish buildings in the world. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Marriott, Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, Splitty, Orbitz, Hotwire, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Marriott Stanton South Beach reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Marriott South Beach Hotel Miami Beach
- Marriott Miami Beach
- Miami Beach Marriott
- Marriott Hotel South Beach
- South Beach Marriott