“Great stay, AWESOME STAFF!”

Marriott Stanton South Beach
Ranked #24 of 212 Hotels in Miami Beach
Reviewed November 27, 2013

This is our second time staying here, and we love it. The staff are super friendly and attentive. They really do go out of their way to make your stay a great one; kudos to who ever is the driving force behind their team building, as it really does make the stay a better one. There was a young lady who may have been the restaurant manager (cute brunette,wore glasses) who seemed to be there the entire time we were, and I witnessed her go out of her way to make sure each guest was completely satisfied with each interaction. You just don't get service like that in most places, especially in Miami.

The only negative, and it really wasn't staff's fault, was that we stayed during their renovations, so things were a bit loud, but no the end of the world. I will suggest though, that every so often someone clean and dust out the A/C vents in each room. It's fantastic having a brand new room, but a buzz kill when there is dust caked on the vents. Also, having a sliding closet style door for the bathrooms may not be such a good idea. I love my wife, but there are certain things neither of us want to hear coming from the bathroom. The fact that I could still see the TV in between the gap in the door from the pot, isn't always a good thing. Also, the vents in other parts of the hotel do have mold growing on them. Again, I'm sure once the renovations are complete these will be addressed.

All in all, the place is fantastic and the Staff alone makes it worth while.

Room Tip: ask for an ocean view room, the higher the better. We stayed in 1133.
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
Erenia M, Guest Relations Manager at Marriott Stanton South Beach, responded to this reviewResponded November 30, 2013

Dear Guest:
Thank you for your post about your fantastic stay at South Beach Marriott! We pride ourselves on providing our customers with the ultimate South Beach experience and are thankful to be able to interact with such kind and generous guests. We are happy that you found our hotel to be such an ideal vacation spot. Thank you also for your positive comments on our staff's level of service, we take great pride in their accomplishments. We are pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay though we apologize for the inconveniences you encountered. You can be rest assured that we take all feedback we receive under serious consideration and use it to improve our guests' experiences every day. For business or pleasure, should you plan to visit our area again, I hope The South Beach Marriott will be your preferred choice for your home away from home.

Reviewed November 25, 2013

Great location:
right on the beach
near the park
3 blocks from Joe's Stone Crab!!!

Newly remodeled sleeping rooms:
Modern bathroom
Shower stall with handheld and rainshower
Tile floors that look like wood

Very nice & helpful staff

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank longbeachCalifornia
Erenia M, Guest Relations Manager at Marriott Stanton South Beach, responded to this reviewResponded November 27, 2013

Dear Guest:
Thank you for providing such a detailed description of your stay at the South Beach Marriott. We are very happy to learn you liked our re-invented new rooms. Thank you also for your positive comments on our staff's level of service, we take great pride in their accomplishments. I hope you will consider The South Beach Marriott as your host hotel when traveling back to area.

Reviewed November 25, 2013

I really enjoyed my stay at this hotel. I had one of the newly refurbished rooms -1038 - which had a great sea view and overlooked the twin pools below. The view of the sunrise from the balcony is stunning. Staff were very helpful and polite and there was a warm welcome. The feel of the hotel is clean, calm and bright and there are some very pleasant outdoor sitting areas where you can work. The food in the restaurant, which was rather underused while I was there, was excellent and imaginative. The room is well equipped and has a fridge for your use.

Two tiny quibbles - they use the standard Marriott toiletries which are poor in quality and mean in quantity. The breakfast buffet is the standard Marriott one and at USD30 (including 18% tip added automatically) is a bit rich if you only want toast and coffee!

In any case I can thoroughly recommend this hotel and I hope to stay there again on my next trip to Miami.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business

Dear Guest:
Thank you for your post about your fantastic stay at the South Beach Marriott! We pride ourselves on providing our customers with the ultimate South Beach experience and are thankful to be able to interact with such kind and generous guests. We are happy that you found our hotel to be such an ideal vacation spot. In regards to your comment about our bathroom amenities, we just upgraded to a high end line from Thailand called Thann. Each THANN collection is inspired by the concept of Aromatherapy and scientific finding on the benefit of plant extracts. THANN products are formulated from botanical derivatives combining art of natural therapy and modern dermatological science. In reference to your comment about our breakfast buffet, we offer a la carte options and we also have a Starbucks on premises for those guests who prefer to have a light breakfast. For business or pleasure, should you plan to visit our area again, I hope The South Beach Marriott will be your preferred choice for your home away from home.

Reviewed November 23, 2013

I have been going to the South Beach Marriott since it opened in 2000 for both work and pleasure and won't stay anywhere else when I travel to Miami. The service is amazing there, the staff is top notch it starts with Seth who manages the front desk, he has always been very helpful and as a Marriott Rewards Member he makes sure you get the best room possible. The staff at the restaurant is top notch as well. One of the hardest working people I have ever met in my life is one of the service assistants John he is always running around helping the servers. He deserves recognition for all of his hard work and he is always smiling. The hotel is situated in my favorite part of South Beach close to some great restaurants and clubs like Prime 112, Nikki Beach and Joe's Stone Crab. The area is quiet and very relaxing. The rooms have been recently renovated and they really did a great job upgrading the look and functionality of the rooms specifically in the new bathrooms. The pool area is perfect there are two pools and a jacuzzi that fit all your needs. I have been to this hotel over 30 times in the past 13 years and will continue to stay there when I vacation in South Beach.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear Guest:
It is always a pleasure to welcome our previous guests back. Thank you for selecting The South Beach Marriott for your home while in South Beach. Thank you also for your positive comments on our staff's level of service, we take great pride in their accomplishments, Seth and John are great assets to our hotel. We are happy you liked our re-invented new rooms. We look forward to serving you again soon and hearing your feedback after your return stay.

Reviewed November 19, 2013

I just had the pleasure of staying at this Marriott for an extended business trip. Two weeks working on the road never was so enjoyable. The staff couldn't have been nicer, more professional, friendly and helpful. I especially want to commend Jennifer A. and Helmy G. - both supervisors, as well as Leonela, (at the front desk). These three ladies exemplify what hotel staff should be: Always smiling, ever-helpful; they went ABOVE AND BEYOND excellent service, providing warmth and charm as well. The Marriott was undergoing construction, but the staff turned what could have been a bad situation around, providing an exception concierge service in their restaurant. The views were amazing - I would suggest an "Oceanfront" room, high floor. The pools are nice. And although this hotel is situated away from the hustle and bustle of Lincoln rd, it is adjacent to Washington, Collins and Alton road, where there is an abundance of other great restaurants, bars, clubs and shopping. The beach is adjacent to this hotel, and I had a ball rolling out of bed in the early hours and strolling upon the sands, hitting the ocean and swimming in the pool. I wholeheartedly recommend this hotel. Great beds to boot! If you're going to stay in South Beach, I recommend this place outright! Bravo to the staff for making me feel so comfortable and taken care of!! I will absolutely seek to stay there again.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
Erenia M, Guest Relations Manager at Marriott Stanton South Beach, responded to this reviewResponded November 20, 2013

Dear Guest:

I t was a true pleasure to have you as our guest. Thank you for your post about your fantastic stay at South Beach Marriott! We pride ourselves on providing our customers with the ultimate South Beach experience and are thankful to be able to interact with such kind and generous guests. We are happy that you found our hotel to be such an ideal vacation spot. We are also happy to learn our Front Desk staff exceeded your expectations. Thanks for taking the time to share this review; we'd love to have you back once our $9 million re-design is completed in 2014 to get your "before" and "after" opinion!

Reviewed November 18, 2013

I really loved my overall stay the hotel was nice, the renovated rooms were quite cozy, and of course the beds are always comfy. Service was excellent and Catherine one of the pool helpers was very sweet and tried her best to answer all my questions and help me as much as she can.

• Stayed: November 2013
1  Thank Christaleyna

Dear Guest:
Thank you for your post about your fantastic stay at South Beach Marriott! We pride ourselves on providing our customers with the ultimate South Beach experience and are thankful to be able to interact with such kind and generous guests. We are happy that you found our hotel to be such an ideal vacation spot. I will share your very nice comments about Catherine with her, we are happy she exceeded your expectations. Thanks for taking the time to share this review; we'd love to have you back once our re-design is completed in 2014 to get your "before" and "after" opinion!

Reviewed November 15, 2013

Booked a one night stay in October - wasn't long enough! Our room was recently renovated with a gorgeous view of Miami Beach. The bed was super comfortable. It was too windy to be on the beach so we spent the afternoon by the pools enjoying the view, spa and yummy mojitos. It was nice enough that we could almost ignore the construction noise (hotel renovation taking place). Staff was pleasant and helpful. The location was perfect - quick 5-minute walk to where the action was.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank 673sheric
Erenia M, Guest Relations Manager at Marriott Stanton South Beach, responded to this reviewResponded November 18, 2013

Dear Guest:
I am so pleased that we were able to surpass your expectations and help make your anniversary a success! Thank you for mentioning that the staff was pleasant and helpful, I will share your very nice comments with them. We look forward to having you back to stay with us soon to celebrate another anniversary, or just because! We're always in the mood to celebrate with our fabulous guests!