“Great Location, Great Staff, Tired facilities”

Marriott Stanton South Beach
Ranked #22 of 208 Hotels in Miami Beach
St. Petersburg, Florida
“Great Location, Great Staff, Tired facilities”
Reviewed June 30, 2013

My wife and I stayed at the hotel this past weekend and found the location to be fantastic! The staff really tried to make this facility Marriott quality, but was really unable to overcome the wear and tear this facility seen over many years. We were put into a room that was on the south side of the building on the mezzanine level. Our view was of the building next door and when we sat in the chair my rear sunk down to an uncomfortable position due to the wear. When we brought this issue up to the desk we were just politely told "that is the reason why we are doing the construction". Course we were not made aware of this before we booked. We were assured the next day that they would move us to a higher floor, and we waited until 11am before we called as they requested but were then told that we would have to wait up to two more hours. We decided to just stay put so that we could enjoy our day exploring instead of waiting for a more acceptable room. As I stated earlier, the staff tried very hard and the location could not be beat. We may visit again, but not until it is updated.

Room Tip: North side of building. South side up high,
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank nicogators
Erenia M, Guest Relations Manager at Marriott Stanton South Beach, responded to this review, July 1, 2013
Dear Guest:

I’d like to thank for sharing your experience at The South Beach Marriott. I am pleased to hear that you were happy with our staff services though we apologize for the inconveniences you encountered with the condition of the hotel. You can be rest assured that we take all feedback we receive under serious consideration and use it to improve our guests' experiences every day. I am glad that you will consider returning to South Beach Marriott to stay in one of our reinvented rooms upon completion of our $9 million redesign; we would love your experienced opinion on the changes we make!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (550)
  • Turkish first
Sewell, New Jersey
Reviewed June 30, 2013

I've been a business and vacation traveler for close to 30 years, and the staff at the Marriott South Beach is by far the best in the business. Took my family down for vacation, booked 3 rooms. My daughter said this was the best hotel and vacation she ever had. The experience started a few weeks prior to check in when I received an email from Erenia Moya, the front desk manager., welcoming me and asked me if there was anything I needed. Erenia is by far and away the best Front Desk/Guest Services manager that I have ever met. Being both Marriott Gold Elite and a Hyatt Gold Passport member, I believe that is saying a lot. Erenia made sure we had rooms on the same floor near/next to each other. The front desk staff shared Erenia's commitment, and were also fantastic! Seth, Brandon, Jennifer(s), all were incredibly friendly, helpful, and made each day a great experience. Rooms were terrific (can't wait to see the new renovated rooms!), pool was great, exercise room was good, and Deco Blue restaurant was great, especially for breakfast. Seth at the front desk gave great recommendations for lunch and dinner (as did Erenia), and Brandon made great Mojitos in addition to being generally terrific. I've been traveling to Miami for the last 3 years for business, and have usually stayed in town. Not anymore!!!!

Room Tip: ocean view is just as good as ocean front. Great views of the ocean, with less sun hitting you.
Dear Guest:

It was a true pleasure to have you and your family as our guests at The South Beach Marriott. I am so pleased that we were able to surpass your expectations and help make your family vacation a success! Thank you for mentioning the members of our hotel staff that you felt were friendly, helpful, and committed. We look forward to having you back to stay with us soon for another family vacation, or just because! We're always in the mood to celebrate with our fabulous guests!
Dayton, Ohio
Reviewed June 24, 2013

This hotel is a good choice. It's at the quiet end of ocean drive, but not far from the main part of the strip. It's all within walking distance. Everything was clean and the staff were very friendly and helpful. The only issues I ran into was the construction noise, but I was awake already, and the in-room safe stopped working and I could not get my valuables out. However, the facilities staff were very helpful and had to drill it open. It took a while but was comforting to know that the staff couldn't just get into it. They were very apologetic and and sent complementary food and wine to the room. Though I don't drink, I thought it was a really nice gesture. Like anything in this world, things do go wrong from time to time. I did enjoy the fact that the hotel was right on the beach and provided the chairs and umbrellas. I would stay here again and would recommend it to others.

• Stayed June 2013
Erenia M, Guest Relations Manager at Marriott Stanton South Beach, responded to this review, June 26, 2013
Dear Guest:

I’d like to thank you for sharing your experience at the South Beach Marriott. I am pleased to hear that you liked our perfect location though we apologize for the inconvenience you encountered with your in room safe. You can be rest assured that we take all feedback we receive under serious consideration and use it to improve our guests' experiences every day. I am gald to learn that you are considering to return to the South Beach Marriott to stay in one of our reinvented rooms upon completion of our $9 million redesign; we would love your experienced opinion on the changes we make!
Birmingham, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 15, 2013

good location at south beach short walk towards the main night life on ocean drive yet a good night sleep without the noise. however main criticism is no free wifi in the rooms, but only in the lobby. small sitting area in the lobby. there is a small Jacuzzi and pool. the room is clean.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank hpoonie
Dear Guest:
We are delighted to know that your stay was a pleasant one. Smartly appointed accommodations and involved, attentive, service are the tools we use to exceed expectations wherever possible. Your satisfaction is deeply important to our goal of maintaining standards of exceptional hospitality.
In regards to your comment about our wireless internet fee, we offer complementary wireless on the lobby area, and we also have a business center with two computers, 2 printers and a boarding pass station with a printer free of charge for our guests; however, your opinions matter to us. We will continue to assess all of our offerings going forward, to best meet your needs.

We certainly hope to see you again soon.
florida
Reviewed June 15, 2013

Just got back from a 2-day stay at the Marriott. It truly was a magnificant stay. The customer service was superior to any other hotel. They are under construction with the upper floors but we never noticed or heard any sound of renovation. Seth, the concierge, was so friendly and helpful. I ran in the morning up ocean drive and based on what I saw, thought the Marriott was superior to the other hotels. The rooms were clean and spacious (they will look even more amazing once the renovation is completed). A must stay.....

Room Tip: ocean view with balcony: beautiful!
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Erenia M, Guest Relations Manager at Marriott Stanton South Beach, responded to this review, June 16, 2013
Dear Guest:
Thank you for your post about your fantastic stay at South Beach Marriott! We pride ourselves on providing our customers with the ultimate South Beach experience and are thankful to be able to interact with such kind and generous guests. We are happy our staff exceeded your expectations and found our hotel to be such an ideal vacation spot. Thanks for taking the time to share this review; we'd love to have you back to experience our newly re-designed rooms in 2014 to get your "before" and "after" opinion!
Fairfax, Virginia
Reviewed June 14, 2013

Ever since one of my friends recommended it, the Marriott South Beach continues to be the only place I stay in Miami. Even with the current renovation (and the pictures of the future rooms look amazing), there is very little impact and we had an amazing ocean view. The staff are the nicest people, pools and restaurant are amazing and the the beach is pristine. Thank you again to the staff for an amazing time - hope my travels bring me back to South Beach soon!

1 Thank 57718JoeL
Erenia M, Guest Relations Manager at Marriott Stanton South Beach, responded to this review, June 15, 2013
Dear Guest:
Thank you for your post about your fantastic stay at South Beach Marriott! We pride ourselves on providing our customers with the ultimate South Beach experience and are thankful to be able to interact with such kind and generous guests. We are happy that you like our pools and our beautiful Deco Blue restaurant and found our hotel to be such an ideal vacation spot. Thanks for taking the time to share this review; we'd love to have you back to experience our newly re-designed rooms in 2014 to get your "before" and "after" opinion!
Denver, Colorado
Reviewed June 11, 2013

I come to Miami twice a year on business and this is the best option I have found on South Beach. The customer service is amazing from all levels of staff. Located right on the beach and next to a Deco Bike (Miami bike share) station, close to all that South Beach has to offer without being stuck in the craziness.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
3 Thank Christopher M
Erenia M, Guest Relations Manager at Marriott Stanton South Beach, responded to this review, June 14, 2013
Dear Guest:
We definitely hope you come back and see us again. The staff is well versed and dedicated to providing all around exceptional service. The amenities we offer are second to none. These factors help us to create truly memorable moments for our patronage. Thanks for taking the time to share this review; we'd love to have you back to experience our newly re-designed rooms in 2014 to get your "before" and "after" opinion!