My wife and I traveled to South Beach in May for a few days of fun and relaxation. Our first stop was two nights at the Marriott South Beach.
CHECK IN - was smooth and orderly. We arrived about 4 pm and we were greated with complimentary mojitos.
ROOM - we had an ocean front king on the 8th floor. We were told that these were better than the suites because they were ocean front. The view was nice, but the room was a little tired. They are currently renovating the property to upgrade the rooms and address this problem. The bathroom felt a little cramped and worn.
BEACH - we spent one day at the beach. The staff was very helpful in getting our loungers, towels and umbrella set up. The food staff was hard to find, and we ended up going to the restaurant. Beautiful beach.
POOL - the pools and hot tube are very nice.
CONCIERGE - the concierge and the hotel staff were great in assisting us with reservations, food, drinks, etc. They seemed to be in charge of the happy hour food spread, which was a nice touch.
DECOBLUE - we visited this restaurant for breakfast, lunch and drinks. We included breakfast in the price of our room, and the breakfast buffet was great. While the servers are very friendly, they were mostly very slow. Every one of our drink orders and our lunch order took a looooong time. Also, everything is expensive. Expect New York City prices.
SPA - hard to really call this a spa. This was more like a closet with a massage table. The smell was bad, there was no music and the massage was not good. While I didn't ask for it, I wanted my money back. DO NOT USE THIS SERVICE.
LOCATION - one of the great things about this hotel is the location. There are a lot of great restaurants within a short walking distance, and the art/deco district and party scene is about a 10 minute walk away.
FINAL THOUGHTS - this is a good hotel, but not a great hotel. I think it would be great if I were in town for business with some significant down time. Not ideal for a vacation getaway.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Enjoy effortless glamour at Marriott Stanton South Beach. Our Art Deco-inspired South Beach hotel in Miami Beach, Florida fits right in on Ocean Drive with some of the most stylish buildings in the world. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Marriott, Booking.com, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Expedia, Cancelon, Hotwire, HotelQuickly, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com and Evoline ltd so you can book your Marriott Stanton South Beach reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Marriott South Beach Hotel Miami Beach
- Marriott Miami Beach
- Miami Beach Marriott
- Marriott Hotel South Beach
- South Beach Marriott