“Excellant Staff/Service”

Ranked #22 of 208 Hotels in Miami Beach
North Port, Florida, United States
“Excellant Staff/Service”
Reviewed May 17, 2013

I was able to stay at Marriott South Beach for a work conference. When I arrived I was just beginning to feel the sad effects of a sinus infection; Daren went above and beyond during my 3 day stay to make sure I had plenty of hot tea with fresh lemon and honey during my conference. When he restocked and tended to the refreshment area in our conference room he always made it a point to seek me out and ask if I was ready for another cup of tea. I'm not sure if I would have made it through the three days without his "help" and sympathy for the way I was feeling. Instead of looking forward to go home to my own bed I dreaded having to leave and make my own tea. Thanks again Daren!!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Erenia M, Guest Relations Manager at Marriott Stanton South Beach, responded to this review, May 25, 2013
Dear Guest:
Thank you for your post about your fantastic stay at South Beach Marriott! We pride ourselves on providing our customers with the ultimate South Beach experience and are thankful to be able to interact with such kind and generous guests. We are happy to learn Darin exceeded your service expectations and we hope you feel better. Thanks for taking the time to share this review; we'd love to have you back to experience our newly re-designed rooms in 2014 to get your "before" and "after" opinion!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (546)
  • Turkish first
Honolulu, Hawaii
Reviewed May 17, 2013 via mobile

This hotel is a true gem! Great customer service, great location, great rooms, great views! This is the best hotel I have stayed at in Miami! I will continue to book this hotel every chance I get! The view of the sunrise and the beach were gorgeous.

Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for your post about your fantastic stay at South Beach Marriott! We pride ourselves on providing our customers with the ultimate South Beach experience and are thankful to be able to interact with such kind and generous guests. We are happy that you liked our location and found our hotel to be such an ideal vacation spot. Thanks for taking the time to share this review; we'd love to have you back to experience our newly re-designed rooms in 2014 to get your "before" and "after" opinion!
Annapolis, Maryland
Reviewed May 10, 2013

I once again found myself on a business trip in MIAMI. The Marriott South Beach is always my hotel of choice. The location is great, the staff is very accommodating, and the view, beach access, and pool can't be beat. They have begun renovating starting with the upper 2 floors, so they put me on the Mezzanine level with an Ocean front room - I did not hear the construction at all. Should be great to see when its all done in Jan 14. They temporarily moved the concierge lounge downstairs next to the Deco Blue - works out great! I will stay here again and highly recommend it. Seth -the Manager is always a great help!

Room Tip: Ask for an Ocean View
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Erenia M, Guest Relations Manager at Marriott Stanton South Beach, responded to this review, May 13, 2013
Thank you for your loyalty to the South Beach Marriott! We pride ourselves on providing our customers with the ultimate South Beach experience and are thankful to be able to interact with such kind and generous guests. We are happy that to learn you always enjoy your stay with us and find our hotel to be such an ideal vacation spot. Thanks for taking the time to share this review; we look forward to your next stay! We'd love for you to experience our newly re-designed rooms in 2014 to get your "before" and "after" opinion!
Herndon, Virginia, United States
Reviewed May 9, 2013

We decided to end our week long vacation with a few days at the South Beach Marriott. The hotel staff went above and beyond to help us. The concierge, Seth assisted us with a photographer to do family photos on the beach and the beach staff made sure to come out promptly to take our lunch and beverage order. They made us feel welcome as if we visited every week. It was an awesome two day finale.

Room Tip: The ocean view rooms have a spectacular view and are worth paying extra.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for your post about your fantastic stay at South Beach Marriott! We pride ourselves on providing our customers with the ultimate South Beach experience and are thankful to be able to interact with such kind and generous guests. We are happy that Seth and the staff at the beach exceeded your service expectations and found our hotel to be such an ideal vacation spot. Thanks for taking the time to share this review; we'd love to have you back to experience our newly re-designed rooms in 2014 to get your "before" and "after" opinion!
Pennsylvania
Reviewed May 7, 2013

This hotel is under going renovations, but the staff made sure you had all amenities. It is right on the beach and a short walk to all the necessities. Rooms were clean.
The staff was very courteous and helpful. They handed out bottles a water when you were coming and going. They served free ice cream in the afternoon one day when it was raining.
We would definitely stay here again if we go back to the Miami area.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for your post about your fantastic stay at South Beach Marriott! We pride ourselves on providing our customers with the ultimate South Beach experience and are thankful to be able to interact with such kind and generous guests. We are happy that you were satisfied with our service and found our hotel to be such an ideal vacation spot. Thanks for taking the time to share this review; we'd love to have you back to experience our newly re-designed rooms in 2014 to get your "before" and "after" opinion!
Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed May 7, 2013

Location is excellent! The hotel is easy to get to from the airport and easy to return. Cabs are a flat rate (I believe $32 each way). It is in a quieter section near the end of the island, but still within walking distance of all the action of South Beach. There is a public bike stand nearby for easy bike pickup/dropoff. The lobby staff are very welcoming and helpful. The hotel restaurant, bar, and pool deck have a great view of the beach. The restaurant serves a variety of quality dishes at an affordable price, and provides food/drink service at the pool. The pool deck is a bit small; you'll want to get out earlier to get an ideal spot. The pool/beach towels are just standard towels - you'll need at least two. There is a little hut where the towels are dispensed. The beach service is fair. I believe we paid $38 for two lounge chairs w/ cushions and an umbrella for a day. It was a little slow in the morning - it took over a half hour for them to provide towels (they use the hotel's pool towels). There was no food/drink service on the beach. As previously mentioned, the rooms are a bit dated, but the hotel has started renovations so it is getting better. The dated rooms are still comfy - nice bed and pillows. Robes and slippers were provided in our room. The towels are normal nothing plush. The nightly turn down surface was an unexpected bonus. It was very nice to have the room freshened up.

Room Tip: The fourth floor rooms are off of the hallway with business meeting rooms. The rooms are still priv...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank JeffroLaw
Dear Guest:
I’d like to thank for sharing your experience at South Beach Marriott. I am pleased to hear that you liked our location and the service provided by the staff though we apologize for you were not 100% satisfied with your room. I hope that you will consider returning to South Beach Marriott to stay in one of our reinvented rooms upon completion of our $9 million redesign; we would love your experienced opinion on the changes we make!
Reviewed May 7, 2013

My husband and I spent a wonderful weekend at this property. The location is amazing, far enough from the craziness of south beach to enjoy a quiet, restful stay, but close enough to walk or bike. The staff is what makes this hotel very unique...they are so friendly and helpful. From Martin, the bartender, to David, who works on the beach....we were treated SO well. The housekeeping staff was also great, very friendly and our room was always very clean. The staff was so friendly and helpful that it almost felt like we were staying at a bed and breakfast---not a major chain hotel. I also loved the restaurant. The prices were reasonable and the food was good. My husband and I are vegetarians and there was plenty for us to eat, which can be rare at an oceanside hotel restaurant. I definitely recommend the portobella sliders...yum! The breakfast buffet was also incredible and the view from the restaurant deck...superb! We definitely decided we are going to try to make an annual trip out of staying here, we just loved it that much. The only very small critique, and why I didn't give it 5 stars, was the concierge recommended the cuban restaurant to us at the Hilton and the food was just horrible and way over priced. I'm really not sure why he sent us there when there are a million better restaurants nearby we ended up discovering by using yelp and other online guides. They are also doing construction right now and that was a bit noisy.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest:
Thank you for your post about your fantastic stay at South Beach Marriott! We pride ourselves on providing our customers with the ultimate South Beach experience and are thankful to be able to interact with such kind and generous guests. We are happy that you found our hotel to be such an ideal vacation spot. Thanks for taking the time to share this review; we'd love to have you back to experience our newly re-designed rooms in 2014 to get your "before" and "after" opinion!