“Terrific Sta-cation on South Beach”

Marriott Stanton South Beach
Ranked #21 of 212 Hotels in Miami Beach
Reviewed February 3, 2013

I was able to talk my husband into a last minute "sta-vacation" on South Beach for our Anniversary. I have to say that the stay was even better than I could have anticipated. We live about 45 min away, and stay down on South Beach a couple times a year. This was our first visit to the Marriott. The front desk staff was so acommodating. From Erania, who helped me during the booking and to get just the perfect room, to Seth, who was so hospitable at check-in and every time we saw him, to even the cleaning people in the hallways...everyone was just so warm, helpful and friendly (which is not always the case on South Beach). The view from our room was amazing, the beds comfy and the pool and lounging area were inviting and impeccable. Even though we were close to home, we felt a million miles away. We will definitely make this our #1 choice for our next Sta-cation to South Beach. Thank you to all the Marriott staff for your warm and wonderful hospitality!

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple

Reviewed February 2, 2013

I stayed here January 28th through February 2nd. Seth Frank and his staff were amazing! The customer service along with the patio, pool, happy hour at the bar and firepits made for a perfect vacation. Anyone who wants to experience South Beach...this is the place.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
Erenia M, Guest Relations Manager at Marriott Stanton South Beach, responded to this reviewResponded February 4, 2013

I would like to thank you for the great positive comments you provided regarding your recent stay at South Beach Marriott. We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future. Until we speak again...Savor Life Slowly!!!

Reviewed February 2, 2013

Overall, I was very impressed with this hotel. I visit Miami at least once every 3 months for business and I've stayed at nearly every hotel on South Beach and Brickell. While typically a Hilton patron, the attraction of this Marriott property was obvious. The location is outstanding and the walk to my favorite restaurants on Ocean Drive was perfect. The valet service was convenient and I cannot say enough about the staff. They were always pleasant and greeted us at every turn. My room had access to the concierge level on the 11th floor. Breakfast was substantial and the view from the deck to watch the sun rise over Miami each morning was a real treat. I was there on business, so I didn't get to enjoy the beach. However, I was very jealous watching people stumble out of their rooms in the morning and directly onto the beach behind the hotel. The rooms were super clean, with typical beach wear. The only issue I encountered was a noisy air conditioner when it shut down. Luckily, you can select the fan to low and it eliminates the shutdown and leaves some pleasant white noise. Summary: incredible staff (Seth was the pinnacle), amazing views, clean rooms, SoBe eats, excellent value, military friendly. I will definitely stay here again.

Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business

Reviewed February 2, 2013

I loved my week in the Marriott South Beach. A fantastic location right on the beach. We had the benefit of a sea view so sitting out on the verandah was a joy!! The hotel served great food and my kids still say they serve the best chicken wings they have ever tasted.

The room we had was a one bedroom which meant a fold down in the living room for the kids but that was ok. The rooms were decently decorated and always clean. The pool area was great although now and again got busy as it is a reasonably small area. One little thing we didn't like was on the Saturday it seems to be that locals come and use the pool and this meant it was pretty busy and very, very noisy. No issues with them and they were having a great time. We just did something else that day as it just got too busy.

The concierge room on the top floor was great with snacks at various points of the day. Superb view from there as well while sitting with a beer waiting for everyone to get ready at night. Heaven!!!!

The entrance is on Ocean Drive so a stroll along there is a must to see the sights and go along to Lincoln Avenue. Some cracking restaurants and bars.

All in all I would go back there tomorrow!!

Room Tip: Ask for sea view and I would say a higher level
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank Alanw13
Reviewed February 1, 2013

My Husband frequently holds business meetings in Miami and I, a travel agent often go with him to combine business with pleasure, There are many Marriotts in Miami and Miami Beach to choose from. My husband, a top tier member and heavy business traveler, always prefers this particular property in large part because the staff is first rate. I am in complete agreement after several stays.
The staff, led by Front Desk Supervisor Seth Frank, are top notch and could not be more friendly, professional, warm and welcoming and accomodating. The hotel is spotlessly kept, beds clean, crisp and comfortable, housekeeping happy to help with any need. The location is a big plus as well.
Beautiful, convenient spot on the beach near wonderful restaurants. We both expect alot from a hotel and the South Beach Marriott delivers.

Room Tip: Obviously, you want to avoid being near the elevator or ice machine. Higher floors offer the best v...
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed February 1, 2013 via mobile

Marriott South Beach is a great location, on the beach! close to restaurants and shopping. All rooms have balconies, some with partial view and others with full view of the ocean. There is a small refrigerator in the room, beautiful bathroom and very comfortable. Parking is $35 nightly. Pool area and outside patios are spotless. A great stay in South Beach

• Stayed: January 2013
Reviewed January 31, 2013

We stayed in this hotel for a friend's wedding. At checkout, I noticed parking charges on my bill. Funny, we didn't have a car. Upon asking at the desk, the employee was plain rude. She even had someone go get the rental car...which belonged to another guest! We waited 30 minutes through this awful experience. They finally removed the parking charges once a different employee searched out the real owner of the car. Nobody ever apologized. I wrote the company a review in response to their email request. No response. The corporate folks must not care for customers, either. I travel frequently, and I now avoid Marriott at all costs- especially this one!

• Stayed: November 2012
Erenia M, Guest Services Manager at Marriott Stanton South Beach, responded to this reviewResponded February 1, 2013

Dear Guest:
Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback on your recent stay with us and our TripAdvisor readers. The staff at The South Beach Marriott works really hard to create wonderful memories for our guests. I am sorry to see that you encountered difficulty with your check out process. We take pride in our staff service and empower our associates to take great care of all our guest. We also encourage them to do their due diligence and make sure we are securing the assets of the hotel before making the necessary adjustments. I apologize for the inconvenience and the delay, this may have caused you. We have communicated your concerns to Management and corrective measures have been taken.

We are delighted with the great comments that we received from the wedding party and hope you enjoyed the event. We thank you for choosing Marriott and hope you give us another opportunity in the near future.