“The manager went above and beyond”

Marriott Stanton South Beach
Ranked #21 of 212 Hotels in Miami Beach
Reviewed November 6, 2012

I would like to tell you about a recent experience my family had with the Marriott South Beach. This was my family’s first trip to south beach and they had a fun weekend. When we got home to Tampa I realized my daughter left the t-shirts she bought and my son left his stuffed dog “Rex”. Rex has been with my son since he was a baby and makes every trip with us. My wife called the Marriott and got frustrated with the front desk and their “oh well” attitude. Thankfully my wife was transferred to the Manager Seth. Problems are opportunities and it’s not how you act when things are going good but how you deal with issues. Seth went above and beyond what anyone could expect. He lived the Marriott values and reminded me through his actions why I am loyal to Marriott. Seth immediately realized how important my son’s dog was to him. As my son Ben lay in bed crying Seth kept looking and updating me on what was being done. Later that night Seth called to let me know they had Rex and would overnight him back to us. My son was so happy to hear Rex had been found. Seth then asked for the dog’s name and my son’s name. He also asked for my daughters t-shirt sizes, where we got the t-shirts and what they looked like. The next day Seth gave me another call to update me and to make sure my son, Ben knew that Rex was safe and on his way home and to get my email address so I would have the tracking number. So far I was thinking “wow this manager really gets it” boy was that an understatement. The next day Seth calls to make sure we got the package. Unfortunately I was traveling and staying in a Marriott so I could not open the package. I called my wife and she went out to get the package. My wife called back crying because she was so happy and amazed at what Seth had done. Seth had taken Rex and took pictures of him at the pool, by the buffet, working on the computer and so on. In one picture Rex had typed a message to Ben that he had decided to stay an extra day and would be home soon. The pictures were put into a little photo album. Seth had also gotten my daughter four t-shirts. Amazing. My son took the photo album to school and showed his class. Thank You Seth!

Room Tip: Ask for the rooms facing the beach.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family

Reviewed November 5, 2012

We were recently in Miami for a few days and checked into a hotel. We were very disappointed and immediately called the Marriott South Beach to see if they had availability. They told us to come on over and that if our current hotel would not waive the fee for us then they would step in.
From the moment we arrived the service from the doormen to the maids was unsurpassed.
We had a great time on the beach, took a nice walk to some nice restaurants and had a very nice dinner at the hotel.

• Stayed: October 2012
Erenia M, Manager at Marriott Stanton South Beach, responded to this reviewResponded November 21, 2012

Dear Guest,

Despite the fact your vacation got off to a bad start, we are very happy that you chose our Resort and we were able to make your visit to Miami much more memorable. Our staff is quite honored to have been able to make a positive impression as it is expected from every Marriott associate.

Thank you for sharing your experiences and we look forward to having you back with us again for a future visit to Miami.

Erenia Moya

Guest Services Manager

Reviewed November 4, 2012

Excellent view of ocean with balcony. Easy access to beach and beautiful pool.
Just a short walk to all the bars and dinner places. Loved Niki's which was a great place for lunch. Would definitely stay there again.

Room Tip: Ask for a room facing the ocean.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends

Dear Guest,

We are happy to learn you enjoyed your stay with us and took advantage of our great location and local dining and night life. As you recommend, our oceanfront rooms have fantastic views and are quite popular.

We look forward to having you back in our Resort for any future visit to Miami.

Erenia Moya

Guest Services Manager

Reviewed November 1, 2012

The hotel was very nice and very accommodating. We arrived very early and they still let us check in well before the 4:00 check in time. The room was nice and very clean. The staff left extra coffee in the room for me every day.
The hotel is at the very end of South Beach, so if you want to be totally in the middle of everything you need t walk at least 5 blocks to get there. We really enjoyed our stay and we had a great time walking everywhere. I think it was the first vacation I have actually lost weight on.
The hotel bar was annoying cause they were always very slow, but then again every restaurant we went to was pretty slow with their service. I think thats just they was they are down there. Being from the northeast where we are always in a rush, it was a bit irritating.
One negative about the hotel is that you have to pay for chairs, umbrellas, and cabanas on the beach daily. $10 per chair and umbrella. I think if you are paying $350+ per night to stay somewhere, the beach chairs and umbrellas should not be an extra charge.
Also, be prepared to spend around $100+ for lunch and dinner no matter where you eat.

Room Tip: We had an ocean view room and it was perfect!
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank ckayb2000
Erenia M, Assistan Operations Manager at Marriott Stanton South Beach, responded to this reviewResponded November 2, 2012

Dear Guest:
We are very happy to hear that your overall stay was positive with us and that from the moment that you arrived, our team of hospitality professionals got your vacation started well. I have taken the time to discuss your comments about the bar service with our food and beverage management team and we have addressed the slow service issues with our staff, we sincerely appreciate you pointing out these deficiencies to us.
In regards to the beach, it is important for us to point out that it is a public beach and local vendors get special permits from the city to rent chairs and umbrellas. All hotels in the area are subject to the same situation, however, all chairs and umbrellas are free of charge throughout the Hotel's wonderful pools.
Thank you for being a valued guest and we look forward to having you stay with us during your future visit to Miami.!

Reviewed October 30, 2012

Spent Friday the 19th of November her on a layover from St. Kitts. Had a free night thanks to Marriott Rewards and really enjoyed the property. Good view of the ocean from the room and a nice design on the pool and resturant. Front desk got us in quickly and welcomed us with some cold bottles of water. Only suprise was the $35 dollar valet charge.

Room Tip: ask for an ocean view, its worth it.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
Erenia M, Assistant Operations Manager at Marriott Stanton South Beach, responded to this reviewResponded November 2, 2012

Dear Guest:
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel and for being a loyal Marriott Rewards member. The response from our front desk team is what we expect for every guest encounter and we are very happy to know that you enjoyed your stay overall. Please be aware parking is very limited in South Beach and therefore all hotels in the area, as well as city parking lots charge a parking fee. Our hotel does offer a safe place for your vehicle with unlimited in and out access. We sincerely look forward to welcoming you back for a future visit!

Reviewed October 29, 2012 via mobile

Last stop on our honeymoon. 4 day stay. Totally wrong end of South Beach . Average hotel. 3 Star at best. A lot of dreadful hotels in South beach so really do research , and totally avoid anything that looks Art Deco.
Staff here not great .For what we paid i would not return. Much better hotels at same rate in better areas .

• Stayed: June 2012

Dear Guest:
Our team of hospitality professionals is disappointed to learn that your Honeymoon visit was less than what you expected. Our staff takes great pride in the service we provide and I would love to personally hear the details as to why your visit was less than memorable. Please contact me at your earliest convenience so I can personally address any concerns and hopefully regain your confidence for a future visit to Miami.

Reviewed October 25, 2012

This place is nice with great view, but the room was ok.. but the service from the staff made it all worth while. Planned a trip for the gf birthday in july. we were able to walk to all the hot spots in south beach. there is a starbucks downstairs which was a bonus.

Room Tip: ask for a 2+ floor for beach view
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple

Dear Guest:
Our staff is very happy to hear you enjoyed our hospitality and we are very appreciative of you taking the time to share those experiences with our Trip Advisor readers. We look forward to welcoming you back for a future visit to Miami!