“Great Place to Stay in South Beach”

Marriott Stanton South Beach
Ranked #24 of 210 Hotels in Miami Beach
Reviewed August 20, 2012

I was in Miami for a business trip, and I really liked the Marriott here. The food and drinks were very delicious and generous. The ocean view and access was perfect. The room was updated and well kept, and the staff was very accommodating. Theres a Starbucks attached to the hotel where I found myself grabbing something in the mornings which was very convenient. The only down sides were the construction everywhere in the entire South Beach area, and the location of the hotel is not exactly centrally located in the area; extended walks and cabs everywhere were a must! Nevertheless, I would recommend this hotel and the South Beach area. I'm hoping to return and wouldn't hesitate to stay there again!

Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business
There are newer reviews for Marriott Stanton South Beach

Reviewed August 16, 2012

we stayed here in Feb. for the south beach food and wine festival. It is a walk from where the festival is but it is easy to get a cab and not much $$. Staff is good and hotel is clean with some rooms having a view. Didn't get to enjoy the pool but it looked nice. Must valet park but that is the norm for South Beach. Fun city and we would stay at this hotel again.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 16, 2012

My friends and I stayed here for my bachelorette party! The rooms are lovely, modern and ours had a great view of the beach. We went to the breakfast buffet every day, because it was so yummy with lots of options. You could eat inside or on a deck. The beach is great with frequent service for drinks and food. The service is excellent! We loved this hotel and it's a short 5 minute walk to Ocean Drive. I would highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed August 13, 2012

We just had the most amazing stay at the Marriott South Beach Hotel. It was nice to wake up the at this beach front hotel and hear the gentle sound of the ocean just steps from the pool area. The beach was clean, the bluish/green water was warm and clear, and the location feels like a private resort. Next door to the hotel is a beautiful, well maintained park with a family friendly gated playground.

This hotel is located on the quieter end of South Beach,  yet a short walk to most of the night clubs and restaurants. After a long night of shopping/dining we were able to come back to the hotel and sleep peacefully. We have stayed on Ocean Drive in the past, but couldn't sleep well because of all the noise from the nightclubs and bars that stay open late.

Everyone was wonderful from the valet, front desk, restaurant and housekeeping, all the way to the General Manager. I would like to personally thank the following associates: Seth Frank (Front Desk Supervisor) & Yadeysi Rivas, for an amazing check in. Seth Frank was full of helpful information about the different outlets in the hotel, hours of operations, as well as making a very handy list of his favorite restaurants in the area. Sam Crook, General Manager, for personally reaching out to many of the guests at the hotel to make sure their stay was perfect (thanks for the helpful tips). Anthony Aream & Rosa Pineda in the concierge lounge were great, too! The food was excellent!

Overall, I would love to stay at the Marriott South Beach hotel again! I am more than happy to recommend this lovely hotel to all my friends and family.

**Thank you all for an amazing and memorable stay**

Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
6  Thank Joseph L
Reviewed August 3, 2012

I went for a weekend get away with family
My Family was coming late to the airport so by the time I was in the hotel it was almost 7
The Front Desk Manager since she noticed that it was late and they did not have the room ready decided to honor the first night for free.
The only two criticism are the following
1. First Time I asked if the Internet was complementary, they told me no. Next day when I called they told me the floor i was had complimentary internet 2-3 floor which should be standard.
2. For some reason the next day they did not clean the room even after noon until I called them but then they provided great service

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank AaronA80
Reviewed August 2, 2012

I have spent a 4 day holiday in this hotel with my family. The hotel and the services were great! As a Gold Marriott Rewards member I have received a complimentary room upgrade into an Ocean front room. The room was a corner room with a breathtaking view of the Atlantic Ocean! The room was very specious and modern. The hotel also has a club lounge where we have received complimentary breakfast, lunch and dinner. It was great! This hotel located at the end of the Ocean drive, so it is near to the main attraction, but far away from the disturbing noise, excellent location! The beach is very clean and the water was very warm, we loved it! The spa area is also very nice, with a spectacular view of the Ocean. The staffs were always very helpful and polite. We loved this hotel, I am absolutely sure about if I am come back I am going to choose this hotel again!

Room Tip: Choose an ocean front room, it worth the money for it!
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed July 30, 2012

The staff was friendly and that was about as good as it got. As Marriott rewards members,we were given access to the concierge lounge, but was disappointed - no water bottles and by Friday afternoon - not a single drink in the fridge. Food was usually depleted no matter what time we arrived. Pool area was fine, but good luck getting a chair. Many had taken chairs and disappeared, so the 3 of us shared 2 lounge chairs. The attendant was aware of this and as soon as 3 chairs became available she moved us.The concierge was very helpful when we asked about where to eat. Our room was fine, but nothing to write home about - the door to the balcony was the most difficult door to operate I have ever encountered - it was supposed to be a sliding glass door but it was a lift and heave several times to get it open enough to squeeze out to the balcony. We stayed for 4 nights and 3 of the 4 were quiet - the last night (Saturday) - was ridiculously loud. There was clearly a party in the hallway that lasted for several hours at 3 am - as I was getting ready to call down to the front desk - it was suddely apparent somebody else had already called - as a mans voice could be heard in the hall with warnings and then it got quiet, but not a good last night. The hotel is in a quiet area, but it was a hike to get to many areas. We have stayed in many Marriotts and this by far was not up to what I would consider most Marriotts standards are.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family