“Perfect Stay!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #32 of 205 Hotels in Miami Beach
GreenLeadersSilver level
“Perfect Stay!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2014

Andrea on the beach was a great server! Hotel staff super nice, especially Marlon on room service. Lovely location! Great art throughout common areas! Crispy snapper and Social burger Devine!! Beach service was consistent every day. They even had big spray at the front desk for those of us that Mosquitos love!

• Stayed July 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars
Surfcomber_Nick, Director of Operations at Kimpton Surfcomber Hotel, responded to this review, July 12, 2014
Chris29405-

Thank you for the recent stay and great review! We will be sure to share the great feedback with Andrea! We look foward to seeing you again soon!

-Nick

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (560)
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Brooklyn, NY
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2014

We come here every year right before July 4, to celebrate our anniversary. We are never disappointed. The people, the food, the drinks are all amazing. It is a low-key environment with high-end service. If there is something that you want that you don't see or have, just ask and it will be provided.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
TravellerBrooklyn_NY,

Same response every year - THANK YOU! We appreciate your continued business and loyalty. We look foward to seeing you next year.

Oakland, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2014

My best friend and I came to celebrate our 21st birthday's in Miami and had a great time thanks to the Surfcomber! Kenneth at the front desk was so amazing, got us hooked up at all the best clubs and made sure we had the time of our lives. He even sent up a bottle of champagne the day of my friend's birthday which was super sweet. The location is perfect, we barely had to take cabs and when we did they were super cheap. This is a great hotel for young people looking to have some fun in Miami, the guys at the front desk make sure of it!

Room Tip: Request A View!
Reagan S-

Thank you for spending such a big birthday with us in South Beach! We are glad Kenneth was able to hook you up with the VIP experience! We look foward to welcoming you back!

5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2014

Let me start off by saying that we had the best time ever at The Surfcomber (Kimpton Hotel)! We were there for Jo's (Joanna's Dirty Thirty) birthday celebration we stayed in room 368. While booking the hotel I spoke to Angie Pinilla, and she was so sweet, nice, patient, and very helpful. She made everything possible and she was able to make all my request come to light with no problem. The staff Angie Pinilla, Kenneth Walker, Chris Bones, Andrew, and Foxy, if I forgot anyone please forgive me because they were all amazing and went above and beyond to make sure we enjoyed our stay and had a great time! The beds were great, they felt like home, room was clean, and the pool and Lounge areas were fabulous. Right on the Beach and its located on the good part of South Beach. This Hotel is beyond sexy, and the Wine Happy Hour was so nice, they had the best appetizers ever. I could go on, on about this hotel. I have stayed at many hotels on South Beach and have never wrote a review, so this is my first one and I am very happy about writing this one because this hotel deserves all of the praise! It was like being apart of a family, and I don't think they will forget us! lol

Thank you Surfcomber South Beach!
Elayne D. Eason

Elayne E-

Thank you for taking the time to share your wonderful experience! Happy that our amazing team was able to take great care of you and help make Jo's dirty thirty special. I wonder what the 40th will be called...lets not wait until then for your next trip! Hope to see you soon!

Temple Hills, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2014

Awesome trip from beginning to end. Best Customer Service Ever! Kimpton staff really know how to set the bar. It started with Dureall the reservation rep & the impeccable treatment flowed right into the actual hotel. our room wasnt ready when we arrived they took our bags & we went about our day. when we didi check-in our room had been upgraded no questions asked. My husband & I were there to celebrate our wedding anniversary & we felt like the red carpet had been rolled out for us. The Front Desk hotel managers Alex & David were very nice & always jumping in to help. We were on a first name basis by the 2nd day. Hubby & I spent alot of time out by the pool & we got to know Chris the pool manager very well. He took care of us when my husband didnt have a spot to watch the world cup. He along with Alex provided us with a cabana during the hotel's awesome saturday pool party so my husband could watch the game pool side. The poolside staff Marcus & Smith were geat, always ensuring we were ok. They even gave us some local tips on were to hang out & places to eat. Our cabana server was so sweet. We invited some friends to hang out with us poolside & we kept Sam so busy ordering food & drinks. She was just a sweetheart. Our friends stayed at another hotel & want to come back & stay at this hotel becasue of the service & amenities. The employees are the backbone to this great establishment. I said all this to say the staff here is AMAZING!!!!

Oh, the hotel itself. The decorum of the hotel was a beautiful, it was a breath of fresh air. The room was a tad bit small, but we expected that. Plus, we didnt spend much time in the room anyways. The social club breakfast was delicious! Hotel wine hour from 5-6 daily was a bonus. The sangria & hors d'oeuvres were great!

We are definitely coming back! Already planning for my birthday in September & when we could bring the kids. For a couple of first timers in miami, Surfcomber truely made it memorable. If your looking for beautiful hotel with top notch customer service, this is the place.

Green Features: It's so cute they have a trash & recycle bin in the room.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Msmaliksthe1-

WOW - what an incredible review! Thank you very much for sharing your experience. We are very fortunate to have a team that truly enjoys making our guest's stay memorable. You are absolutely right; our service is what makes the Surfcomber the best place to stay in South Beach. We cannot wait to have you come back for another great stay!

manhattan beach, ca
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2014

We stayed here for a few days over spring break with the kids. First of all, the most important thing is the location here. It's right on Collins in South Beach and a short walk to anywhere you want to go. It's right on the beach and there's a pool as well. When we first arrived after a red eye, the people who greeted us were AWESOME. So helpful, so nice. it's a lovely lobby area and a very nice bathroom to change in (our rooms weren't ready because we were so early). Once we got up to the rooms however we were a little disappointed. The rooms were SO small, which I believe is a common complaint I read with this and many Miami hotels unfortunately. Traveling with 2 kids (ages 10 and 12) was very cramped and we share rooms all over the world with them. Besides the smallness was the fact that the rooms have no balconies and the windows barely open a fraction, so it felt really claustrophobic. To add to that feeling was the fact we could never get the A/C temp right, it was either freezing or deathly hot. The rooms would benefit by an overhead fan just to get some air moving in that room. Very small bathroom and really no where to put 4 pieces of luggage, much less two if it were just my husband and I, we were literally stepping over suitcases just to get around the room.

Another thing I can't stand at hotels is the nickeling and diming of amenities. When you go down to the beach, you have to pay to have a chair and even more if you want an umbrella. And in that heat, you may want some shade. Also, a huge pet peeve of mine is charging for internet. In this day and age, and for what these hotel rooms charge, that should always be FREE!! One caveat: if you join their loyalty program, which I did as others had recommended, the internet is free, so that solved that problem at least. But still...

One other weird thing during our stay: a few people got stuck in the very (teeny tiny) elevator for quite some time, on a couple different occasions. One woman was trapped for quite a while and my husband happened to be in the lobby when she finally got out and went ballistic to the entire lobby and staff about her lengthy trap (I would have been very claustrophobic too) and why no one had helped her. The staff just kind of looked around at each other and one meekly called out "I agree" or something to that effect. I don't know what happened after that but hubby said it was one of those strange things to witness.

So, the plusses:
location, location, location. Friendly lobby staff (beach and pool not as much I felt). Modern cool vibe, good with kids/family. Clean. There's a wine o' clock thing in the evenings and also a morning coffee thing for which I always managed to be too late.

Minuses:
very small rooms, expect to shell out more for beach amenities, avoid the elevators! Must join the loyalty program to have free internet.

Would I stay here again? Probably not for what they charge (it was during spring break I understand), but it wasn't the worst place I've stayed by any means.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
    • 2 of 5 stars
3 Thank tjoneser
Surfcomber_Nick, Director of Operations at Kimpton Surfcomber Hotel, responded to this review, July 2, 2014
tjoneser-

Thank you for taking the time to share your candid feedback from your recent stay. We agree that our location cannot be beat! The staff truly makes the experience different from our neighbors. Our rooms may not be the biggest on the beach, but I can promise you- they are not the smallest! I reccomend suites when travelling with large families so there is room to spread out. We have a number of oceanfront balcony rooms which are great for catching the fresh ocean air. I am shocked to hear about the lack of response after something like an elevator getting stuck. I have confirmed our elevator company has resolved any issue, and will ensure our team handle more appropriately. We do hope you consider giving us another chance so we can show you an event better experience next time.

Warm regards,

Nick
Gretna, Louisiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2014

The staff at The Surfcomber was absolutely wonderful. I stayed at this hotel for my bachelorette party and the staff treated it as a special event. I was given champagne on check in and then a whole bottle was delivered to my room while I was at dinner the first night with a handwritten note from the concierge. The pool wait staff were fun and very attentive. After my first night, most everyone addressed me by my name and asked how my party was going. I will return to the Surfcomber the next time I'm in SoBe no matter what the occasion.

Room Tip: I did not have a choice whether I wanted a courtyard view or not but lucked out with one. My friends...
    • 5 of 5 stars
Surfcomber_Nick, Director of Operations at Kimpton Surfcomber Hotel, responded to this review, July 1, 2014
Lenore M-

Thank you for spending your bachelorette weekend with us! We are honored that we could be a part of the occasion, and happy we helped make it memorable. Don't forget about us for the honeymoon!