This is a copy of a memo we sent to the GM on the hotel, believe it captures it all.
Hello Sean, In response to your email, I will fill out the Kimpton survey but also wanted to give you some personal feedback regarding our (Jennifer Bahnemann and Jim O'Neill) stay last week.
First some background may be helpful. We are travel junkies; million milers with American Airlines and hundreds of thousands of miles on various other airlines; have been to every state in the USA; and have visited 48 countries around the world. It goes without saying that we've stayed at numerous hotels along the way. But there was something VERY different about the Surfcomber South Beach and that is why Joy and I would like to commend you and your excellent staff.
It's hard to capture all of the great experiences that we were afforded during our short stay and it seems a shame to call out individuals because I truly believe that each and every staff member reflects the same qualities and attention to customer service. However, we would like to make note of the ones that stood out profoundly and hope that you would pass along our appreciation.
* Jenny checked us in at the front desk. We arrived early and were exhausted from an early morning flight. Jenny found us a room to rest our tired bones.
* Tony helped us a number of times in the lobby with various things. Always engaging and helpful.
* Anthony and Brian the mixologist's (bar tenders) were so very knowledgeable, fun and interesting to talk with... perfect personalities.
* Chris Mehmel seemed to service many areas one of which was the evening wine bar. Great guy, very professional and polished
* You have two smiling faces, Chris Bones and Marco Dugue greeting customers pool-side, providing whatever you need to relax and enjoy... both very outgoing and friendly.
* and of course yourself, Sean Flanigan. We met you during the fire drill and oh by the way thank you again for the cocktail. I can certainly understand how you've attained the General Manager role, your boss needs to give you a huge raise. They say that an organization is a reflection of the leader, you make that happen in a very good way. There must have been at least 5 of your staff that commented how great it was to work for you, that is not common in the work place. Great job Sean
Y'all made this a very memorable and one of the best vacations we've ever had. Thank you all very much and rest assured that we will be back to The Surfcomber again soon.
Jim O'Neill and Joy Bahnemann
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- There's no need to daydream. Your stay at the beachfront Kimpton Surfcomber Hotel in Miami Beach places you in the core of South Beach life. Ocean views, sparkling pool, and swaying palm trees. Direct beach access and easy, warm hospitality. Kimpton Surfcomber Miami, South Beach, a Kimpton Hotel puts the best of Miami at your doorstep while taking you a world away from all your worries. Play hard, sleep well and indulge in luxury services and amenities at our boutique South Beach hotel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets, Hotels.com, Priceline, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and Evoline ltd so you can book your Kimpton Surfcomber Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Doubletree Miami Beach
- Miami Beach Doubletree
- Doubletree Surfcomber