Kimpton Surfcomber Hotel
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Richmond Hotel(Miami Beach)
  • Beachfront
SLS South Beach(Miami Beach)
  • Beachfront
South Seas Hotel(Miami Beach)
  • Breakfast included
Marseilles Hotel(Miami Beach)
Dorset Hotel(Miami Beach)
  • Pool
Villas at Shelborne(Miami Beach)
  • Breakfast included
3,636 results
All reviewswine hoursocial clubsouth beachpool areacomplimentary winelincoln roadpool stafffront desk staffrooms are smallhappy hourpool partyan umbrellaresort feespecial shoutbeach accessgreat poolbeach service
FilterAll languages
Reviewed August 21, 2013

Hotel is beautiful and just steps from the beach. Front desk was pleasant and professional.
We were in an upgraded king room and it was teeny-tiny. Bathroom was nice, but really small and no bathtub. Rooms were very clean and nicely decorated. Pleased with the housekeeping.
Pool seemed quite crowded, not with people swimming but with people on lawnchairs. On the beach, attendants literally kick you out of your chairs at 6:00 pm. I didn't notice very many children around the hotel so it's probably a good choice for couples trips.
Staff was great except for one bartender in the outside bar by the pool and beach. We had planned to enjoy evening drinks out there but the bartender was kind of a jerk so we went somewhere else.
Many wonderful places to eat and shop within walking distance. Just a few minute walk to Lincoln Road.
Would stay here again.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
Surfcomber_Nick, Director of Operations at Kimpton Surfcomber Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded August 23, 2013

Shans342-

Thank you for the recent stay and review. I'm happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay overall, however I am concerned about the comments regarding the beach service and bar. Please send over a private message with your contact info so we can collect more info and remedy immediately.

Kind regards,

Reviewed August 21, 2013

My friend and I stayed at the surf comber last weekend of July and had an amazing time there. The moment we stepped into the hotel we were greeted with happy smiles and great attitudes from the door to the beach the service was amazing. I even joked that they made me feel like a Canadian celeb every time I was greeted. Special thanks to staff members foxy and Dave the night concierge (and his little dog liam) for making our stay extra memorable. Ps I miss south beach already...

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with friends

ehtbag-

Thanks for the recent stay and great posting. You said you were a Canadian celebrity, eh? Our front desk team has one Canadian celebrity on staff so we are quick to point them out and hook them up with a great stay! Stop missing the beach and book your next trip; we have some great deals in September coming up! Liam looks forward to seeing you again.

Regards,

Reviewed August 21, 2013

Our trip consisted of myself, my husband, and 2 of our friends - we were all visiting South Beach for a double anniversary getaway. We arrived to the Surfcomber around 3pm on Thursday, August 15th after flying in to FLL. We were able to check in rather quickly and were assigned our room within 5 minutes of arrival. We checked out the beach, which is located directly behind the hotel - on the way, we passed the beautiful pool, fitness center, and outside bar area. We were informed that the pool is open 24/7, which is quite nice since we spent most of our nights lounging poolside.

The rooms were nice and clean and unlike some other beach hotels I have stayed at, they didn't have that muggy, humid, beachy-feel, that some beach hotels tend to have. The sheets were crisp and clean-feeling everyday. The rooms, while on the smaller side, were very nice and layed out as best as possible for the amount of room there was. The bathroom was also a bit snug - but being in Miami and knowing that most of the hotels tend to be a bit "tight," it wasn't anything I was surprised by. We still loved the hotel regardless :) The fruit-flavored water that was available outside and in the lobby tasted so good, and it was the best refreshment to cool off from a hot day outside. The strawberry and orange flavors were my favorite 2.

The location is ideal! Just 3 blocks from Ocean Drive and 2 blocks from Lincoln. And it's one of the hotels that is actually ON the beach. There was a liquor store right across the street (I <3 Liquor) - which we found helpful (lol), along with a Walgreens right down the street, and a ton of restaurant options.

Our stay would not have been the same without the assistance of the AMAZING staff memebers of the Surfcomber. Those who really made a difference in our stay were:

Jenny: she gave us THE best recommendations for food when we came down to ask for suggestions (we ordered Sum Yum Gui twice while there!) and she also gave us a few passes to local clubs. We literally chatted with Jenny for about 10 minutes - outside of the club and food suggestions. She was just, overall, very personable, down-to-earth, and beyond accomodating.

Keith and Amanda: at around 4:30am, we came back from a rough night out and Amanda was quite helpful in turning our bad night/morning around. She has a great personality and was so accomodating to our needs at that moment. Keith, who seemed to be working the front outside area of the hotel, ensured that we were doing ok while we sat on the outside couches. He engaged in a great conversation with us and helped take our minds off of our bad night/morning.

Foxy: We met Foxy the first night we were there when we were outside in the pool area that late evening (10pm or so). While jumping into the pool and playing, I was screaming (lol) and Foxy initially came out to check and make sure everything was ok. After assuring him that I would keep it down, Foxy stayed around and talked to us. We laughed and joked with him before he had to get back to working inside. He left a great impression and although we didn't know it, he basically showed us what to expect from the rest of the staff (again, this was our first night there).

Sam: Sam works for the bar area outside in the back - he was our server while out on the beach. That Friday we went and spent about 4 or 5 hours on the beach and Sam told us that that was actually their first day doing the food/drink runs (not sure if it was a new service offered or what), but he had a great personality - very cool and laid back, yet a hard worker! And knowing how hot it was outside, I could only imagine what it takes to take people's order and run back and forth from the bar to the beach with food and drinks while maintaining a pleasant demenor and a smile on your face. Kudos to you Sam!!

These 5 were the staff memebers who stood out the most to my husband, our friends, and I. We talked about them non-stop while there and how we HAD to write a review on them. I don't think I've ever been so impressed with a hotel staff.

We didn't know what to expect necessarily, but I must say, the hotel and staff really MADE our stay! I see why this hotel is ranked so high for a Miami beach hotel. Thank you Surfcomber for going above and beyond our expectations and making our South Beach memories that much better!

*Additionally, we had no hidden fees or charges, other than the resort fee we already knew about - which is always a plus.

Room Tip: rooms with 2 queen beds are pretty tight, but still manageable if you need the 2 beds. If you have a choice and only need 1 bed, get a king bed and you'll definitely have more room.
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple

Ellisha C-

Thank you for staying with us and sharing such a detailed review! We are happy to hear that you enjoyed your entire stay from our rooms to amazing location, and the 24/7 pool. It is wonderful to read the fantastic comments highlighting the Jenny, Keith, Amanda, Foxy and Sam! We look forward to making your next time in South Beach even better!

Regards,

Reviewed August 20, 2013 via mobile

The best people ever work at this hotel. The shower was not that hot prior to check out. They were so nice and cool! I am not big on Miami (just not my scene) but I love this hotel. It's cute, boutique and has good vibes.

• Stayed: August 2013
SeanFlanigan, General Manager at Kimpton Surfcomber Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded December 1, 2013

Hollydolly,

"The best people ever work at this hotel."
Firmly agree.
Thank you so much.
Sean Flanigan

Reviewed August 19, 2013

My husband and I stayed at this hotel for 6 nights, on the 1st week of June 2013.
The location is perfect. We could walk everywhere, with the beach being very close.
We had a room with a very nice view of the pool and ocean. The size of the room was good, although the bathroom was very small.
The pool area and garden were very nice to just relax if we were not going to the beach. All employees were very nice and always with a smile.
The bar in the garden was great, to just grab a beer after or before the beach, we had a very nice end of afternoon on our last day with Leslie and Robert, very nice conversation and great time, they surely know how to entertain while doing a great job!
I'm sure I'll try to stay at this hotel next time I'm back to South Beach.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple

TaniaRib-

Thank you for the recent stay and posting. I am happy to hear that the entire team, specifically Leslie and Robert, took amazing care of you! We will be waiting for you at the Sandbar to return. Come back soon!

Thanks again,