“Great stay in South Beach”

Kimpton Surfcomber Hotel
Ranked #45 of 212 Hotels in Miami Beach
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed August 19, 2013

My husband and I stayed at this hotel for 6 nights, on the 1st week of June 2013.
The location is perfect. We could walk everywhere, with the beach being very close.
We had a room with a very nice view of the pool and ocean. The size of the room was good, although the bathroom was very small.
The pool area and garden were very nice to just relax if we were not going to the beach. All employees were very nice and always with a smile.
The bar in the garden was great, to just grab a beer after or before the beach, we had a very nice end of afternoon on our last day with Leslie and Robert, very nice conversation and great time, they surely know how to entertain while doing a great job!
I'm sure I'll try to stay at this hotel next time I'm back to South Beach.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
Surfcomber_Nick, Director of Operations at Kimpton Surfcomber Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded August 23, 2013

TaniaRib-

Thank you for the recent stay and posting. I am happy to hear that the entire team, specifically Leslie and Robert, took amazing care of you! We will be waiting for you at the Sandbar to return. Come back soon!

Thanks again,

Reviewed August 19, 2013

I am a frequent traveler for business, but went on this trip with several of of friends and I have to say this is the best customer service I have ever experienced. The pool staff was extremly attentive and made sure we were comfortable the whole time. To be honest, I had the worst hangover one could imagine (Miami....) and the pool staff brought me pitchers of water, a umbrella and a cool towel without me even having to ask. So a big thank you to Jon Hernandez and Jenny! thanks for a great weekend

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with friends

mia h-

Thank you for the recent stay and great review! We will be sure to share the kind words with Jon and Jenny. Great to hear they are on top of 'hangover duty'! Be sure to comeback soon and don't forget to chug a Fred water from the honorbar before bed!

Reviewed August 16, 2013

Spent 6 nights at the surfcomber And was extremely satisfied with The surfcomber hotel. I was worried from other reviews that the room and washroom was small, but it turned out to be perfect.
Huge closet, big mirror and iPod dock where all great touches
The lounge was comfy and always provided fresh water, tea and FREE wine tasting from 5-6pm which added to such a great holiday.
The pool staff were eager to please and took the time to speak us, remember our orders and provided excellent recommendations
Thanks Chris, Robert, Jonathan, Marcus, Eric, Ricky and Anthony.
(Please let these boys wear hats outdoors!)

The front lounge also had a happy Hour appetizer menu, so cheap and delicious! The breakfast and pool menu were all fantastic, probably some of the best food we'd had in all of Miami.

The hotel is ideally located by the beach, Lincoln and Washington street (great patio street), Walgreens And all other amenities

I was highly satisfied with the customer service from the surfcomber, this boutique hotel
Exceeded my expectations
And added to my amazing
Experience in Miami :)

• Stayed: August 2013
Reviewed August 16, 2013

We checked this hotel online and booked it. The check in guy seemed to not like us very much. They ask for 150usd on your card for incidentals which I felt was high. Our room didn't have a really nice view. The pool is open 24hrs with direct access to the beach and the pool staff were more than helpful. The night staff were actually friendlier and quite cute. Drinks are quite expensive here but it's a good stay all in all. Yeah and it's about 40dollars for all day valet parking.

Room Tip: Ask for a room facing the pool
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Ugwu N

Ugwu N-

I am very sorry we let you down with a less than perfect stay. We do ask for incidental charges so that our guests are able to charge delicious food and drinks to their room. This is a standard practice for all hotels. We do hope you return so you can experience a better check in.

Reviewed August 13, 2013

The Hotel is like the many other South Beach boutique style hotels with the art deco design and all the amenities needed for an enjoyable stay. Location is ideal for all your needs as it backs onto the beach, is very close to the Lincoln Pedestrian Mall and offers many dining options at your doorstep etc.

What I feel sets this property apart from others is the most welcoming, professional, personable staff that you would ever hope for while travelling abroad.

From the initial upfront dealings with Don Mathews in Corporate Sales, Concierge Nicole / Michelle then while staying their the excellent experience of; Valet/Doorman Brian etc, Restaurant staff "Ricky" (too many names to remember but they know who they are) and finally the wonderful pool staff managed by Robert and his staff of Jonathon, Marcus etc.etc.etc.

Thanks again for a wonderful stay.

Glen

Room Tip: Might want to move up to a larger room.
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank G C

G C-

Thank you for the recent stay at Surfcomber! You did a great job remembering a lot of names!! I think I'm going to get a bigger nametag... Really, we appreciate the great feedback. We hope to see you soon.

Reviewed August 13, 2013

We decided to treat ourselves and book at the Surfcomber, best choice ever!! The staff were wonderful, so lovely. The hotel is beautiful and quirky, lots of cool statues and colours. The pool and beach are gorgeous, very relaxing. The staff once again were very attentive, always asking if I needed anything. At the concierge I mentioned that I was celebrating my 21st birthday the weekend before, when I returned to my room there was a bottle of champaign and a birthday card. Couldn't get the smile off my face. Thank you to all the staff, I wish I could have stayed here longer, it truly is amazing.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple

Sarah S-

Whew- it is great to hear you made it back okay after celebrating your 21st birthday in South Beach! We are happy we helped make this birthday special. We look foward to seeing you for the big 22!

Thanks again,

Reviewed August 11, 2013

My spouse and I stayed here in july. I have to say that the moment you walk onto there premises staring from Valet , the staff is excellent, very professional always greeting with a smile and kind words. they were very helpful and informative, especially staff member Travis R. He was extremely courteous and attentive to our needs. He made us feel at home there and is one of the many reasons we would visit again and again. The room was very nice! clean and modern. The pool area was nice with the private cabanas and both Chris's at the pool were there every time you needed them. they were very thoughtful, bringing you towels and cold flavored water or other beverages upon your request. We never had to look far for any help. It was wonderful. Oh and I almost forgot, there was a gentleman staff member in the Dining area named Karr I believe thats his name anyway he was extremely nice and engaging. We had lots of small interesting conversations during dinner with him. Very nice man. I cant say enough about that staff there. The Surfcomber has done an excellent job at choosing the perfect employees to represent their establishment.

Room Tip: The rooms closer to the back entrance near the pool on the ground floor are great if you want easy a...
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple

ladywildbill-

Thank you for sharing the great experience! A shiny, well appointed building is nothing without a great team of employees with personality! We really appreciate the kind words. Thank you for your business and we look foward to seeing again.