4,027 results
All reviews wine hour social club south beach pool area complimentary wine lincoln road pool staff rooms are small happy hour front desk staff pool party an umbrella resort fee special shout great pool beach access beach service
Reviewed October 23, 2012

We just did not want to leave this hotel. We had a wonderful stay. It all started on a positive note when we were warmly greeted at the check-in desk by Brent who told us that we had a complimentary upgrade. After assistance with our bags from the very helpful porter we found our room to be more than satisfactory, being modern, very well equipped with a super-comfortable bed, very stylish, immaculate and (surprisingly for South Beach) pretty quiet. Actually the only time we suffered from noise was when a group of girls in adjoining rooms returned to their rooms at ~2am chatting/laughing very loudly and banging their doors. Still - can't really blame the hotel for inconsiderateness of guests. We found that service from all the staff, including the servers at the restaurant (we had complimentary continental breakfast included in our rate) and the pool staff, really was excellent - the best we have experienced for a long time. The location of the hotel was perfect for us, being right by the beach, yet near to a host of local shops/restaurants but not excessively noisy. The pool area was great and we really appreciated the little touches such as the occasional complimentary samples of passionfruit cocktail or chilled grapes brought around by the staff. Complimentary chilled water was also very welcome. At the end of every afternoon, from 5-6pm the hotel offered free white or red wine or sangria at the poolside. Very welcome! Fantastic place and we will return sometime.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank SussexAdventurers
smckeen, General Manager at Kimpton Surfcomber Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded October 24, 2012

SussexAdventurers-
We are so happy that we exceeded your expectations.
Thank you for staying with us and the wonderful posting.
We look forward to your return.

Reviewed October 23, 2012 via mobile

I know it's expensive but really if you are going with kids and want to rest that's a great hotel. The rooms were awesome, super clean , the staff super attentive abs they have entertainment every afternoon by the pool.

• Stayed: October 2012

Alice M-
Thank you for taking a few moments to post your awesome contribution.
We hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed October 22, 2012

I was a refugee from The Perry-- construction noise and inconvenience--- but that's another review. I landed here, and i guess with a large conference in town i was lucky to get anything. It's just an 'average' property, nothing fancy, but unlike at The Perry, the staff really tries. My first room ---promised to be quiet-- was on Collins Ave,, second floor, bar blaring across the street. But when i couldn't take it anymore, the manager moved me at 11 PM, and called to check that all was OK. Unfortunately, this being my third room of the day, exhaused and still work to do, i felt compelled to tell him that they should actually have a closet where you can hang your clothes.

For the decor--- think mid-50's I Love Lucy (not in actual age, but really,..Venetian blinds?). If you like that sort of thing, this place is for you.... it appears to be clean, and again, the staff does try.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank CarTRVLR
smckeen, General Manager at Kimpton Surfcomber Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded October 23, 2012

CarTRVLR-
Thank you for the posting.
We sincerely apologize regarding the noise opportunity.
I have reached out to you personally to move forward and start exceeding your expectations.
I hope to hear from you soon.

Reviewed October 22, 2012

Amazing customer service. Everyone at the hotel was so nice and helpful. Jessica at the front desk was great, even though she's a Gator fan.
I booked this hotel after reading the great reviews on TripAdvisor, and the reviews were spot-on.
The rooms were very nice and the bed was comfy. We even had a live goldfish in our room. The food at Lantao is awesome. The pool area is very nice. Very easy access to the beach, where you can rent an umbrella and chairs. They also offer drink service on the beach if you are renting a chair, which was nice.
Great location near Lincoln Rd. They have fun activities scheduled every day, like beach yoga and a free wine happy hour. I would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple

TrrSmith-
Wow, thank you so much for staying with us and the recommendation.
I completely agree about the Gator fan comment.
Yet, they did produce Tebow; and what is the deal with him not playing.
When will the Jets start him?
Any hooo, thx again.
See you soon
sm

Reviewed October 21, 2012

Incredibly welcoming staff. They upgraded me to a fantastic room after handing me a glass of champagne on arrival. They sent nice little gifts and notes to the room. By the pool they were so fun and attentive. It's experiences like this that make me glad to return again and again. It's a relatively small and intimate property. They make you feel special without it feeling fake. What a gem. Treat yourself. (PS: I'm picky to the point of pathology according to friends--so for a place to get a rave from me means that even though I tried to find something wrong, I couldn't )

Stayed: October 2012, traveled solo

Rich L-
That’s fantastic. Thank you so much for the posting.
We want you to return again & again.
See you soon.