“Most Relaxing Vacation Time EVER!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Riviera Hotel & Suites South Beach

Riviera Hotel & Suites South Beach
Ranked #56 of 206 Hotels in Miami Beach
Miramar, Florida
“Most Relaxing Vacation Time EVER!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 29, 2010

My birthday was Oct 16th and I was treated to a wonderful weekend at the Riviera. I must say that my experience was awesome at the hotel. The hotel staff was great and brought me the additional pillow that I requested within a moment. I had never stayed in South Beach and have to say that this was one of the best birthdays I have had. My friends were likely impressed. Thank you for the best 36th birthday! :-)

• Stayed October 2010, traveled with friends
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (379)
USA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 19, 2010

Free airport tranfer(pick up is at Miami Gate G). RIviera had a mini kitchen- stove top/ microwave/frig/coffee maker/pots/pans/dishes/etc.... We walked to CVS 1/2 mile or so and bought eggs, sandwich fixings, drinks and snacks. Every morning b/t 8-10am, a continental breakfast was served pool side. The hotel has a happy hour 7-8 at a sister hotel about 1/4 mile away. We tried the pub crawl(always on Sunday night) but found that many of the hotels do not participate- so scratch that idea. You will not be disappointed with the staff. Friendly! We met the manager and she was really delightful. We fell in love with the room decorations. So nice! Bed was the most comfortable- the rooms are dimely lit but we landed taking the lamp shade off and it was fine.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled as a couple
Jacksonville, Florida
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 18, 2010

i live in Jacksonville, Fl, and had to go down to Miami for business, and have been down to Miami on many occasions for leisure. i have to say, this little hotel was a gem in the middle of super expensive hotels around South Beach. The famous Ocean and Collins dr, is literally a 5 minute walk from this hotel, yet the hotel is nestled far enough away from the hussle and bussle of S Beach, that you can have some peace and quiet when you're ready to crash from all the Miami partying.

the beach is literally a block away, and as i mentioned earlier is far enough from the main drag that you can easily find a spot on the sand to your content.

i did stay this time for business, but will definitely consider this hotel for a pleasure stay. i found this gem on hotewire.com which i use endlessly for pleasure and business trips. i only paid $88 per night (INCLUDING taxes), and this boasts as a CONDO and not a hotel room. it is a one bedroom suite that has a quaint living room, and a VERY spacious bedroom with a desk and boudoir, along with a kitchenet/refrigerator for an extended stay if needed. there is an adjacent parking structure that they do valet for you for $35 per night since street parking requires a residential parking permit for overnight parking (most Miami hotels do require a parking fee of some sort).

the area itself doesnt look like there would be a hotel there at all. it's mostly residential apartments and condos, so as i said before, this is really tucked away in the corner and VERY VERY quiet. i fear sometimes in South Beach that a lot of the remodeled and renewed hotels have very thin walls, but since these were suites, privacy isnt something to worry about.

now the decor in the room is a bit gaudy just like you would imagine South Beach to be. very very dark colors in the room, but if that doesnt matter to you, the accommodations will win you over.

there isnt a restaurant or a bar in this hotel, mind you, so you will have to walk accross the street to find your dining, or like i said, just walk over to Ocean or Collins and get your fill there.

i was here on business, but noticed that there was a golf course literally 3 mins away so i brought my golf clubs down with me. Bay Shore Golf Course is a public course and has reasonable rates. since i came in the off season (October), you can call for a tee time and get last minute walk on.

all in all, a great place to stay; convenient, large room/suite for South Beach, and most of all C_H_E_A_P comparatively speaking in South Beach.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled on business
1 Thank Rob O
Charlotte, NC
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 10, 2010

I spent 10 days in South Beach celebrating my birthday. I spent 5 of those days at the Riviera and it was absolutely wonderful...like being at home. Friends who came by to visit from other hotels were absolutely jealous! The suite was awesome & extremely spacious (I was able to really spread out & get comfy), the bed was extremely comfortable and I enjoyed being off the main street. The decor is beautiful and elegant. The staff was helpful...but make sure you tip or not so much! The bathroom shower was huge and gorgeous. The drapes were very heavy, so I could sleep late if I wanted and never feel or see the sun. I couldn't have asked for a better suite on South Beach. As others mentioned...the rooms are VERY dark...this is no exxageration. During the day when you can open the curtains for light it isn't a problem but at night it was a nightmare trying to iron and dress with minimal light...so bring/buy a light bulb with a higher wattage or you won't be able to see well at night if you need to. The pool area was nice though I didn't use it. This is an old building so there were some issues with leaking from the bathroom ceiling. One leak was from the air conditioning unit which they fixed in about an hour and the other leaks came during thunderstorms...I had to put a pot on the floor to catch all the water that was running from the celing during storms...which were very frequent during my stay. This didn't ruin my stay...but it was a bit irritating. My suggestions to take this from an awesome to exceptional stay would be to have at least one ceiling light with a higher wattage bulb so people can see when dressing after dark (I know you want a romantic feel but there's nothing romantic about leaving the room wrinkled, not really knowing what you look like or with an unseen stain b/c the room was too dark to see), include a full length or at least waist length mirror so people can check themselves before leaving (I used the shower door or stood on the bed and looked in the bathroom mirror lol), give guests the option to remove the mini bar items that take up way too much space on the cabinet and in the small refrigerator if they do not wish to use these things and place the ice machine INSIDE. The ice machine being outside was a nightmare when it stormed/rained. Guests...be very careful with the mini bar...perhaps document what items are there b/c I was charged for mini bar items that I absolutely did not use. I am a diabetic with specific nutritional needs so of course I grocery shopped before checking in and had no need whatsoever to use anything from the mini bar. So of course...not happy about that...but otherwise a great experience. I will definitely stay here again and have recommended this hotel to all of my friends. We come down frequently and plan to return in November and December...can't wait.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled solo
1 Thank shelly_p99
Charlotte
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 1, 2010

We had a wonderful time at the Riviera. The staff was awesome, the pool was great, the rooms out of this world. The location was good, maybe better because it was just off the busy areas, so in that sense a little more intimate. There was a great mix of different people, German, Swiss, it seemed like it was multi-national. Our room was always cleaned well, we had a slight problem after checking in early, our toilet flushed every ten minutes or so by itself. I went down to let them know we had a ghost in our room and they moved us immediately. We checked in several hours early and checked out late with no questions asked. The shuttle from the airport and the drivers were great. Out of all the staff we had the most interaction with Natasha at the front desk, she was awesome, she helped us with reservations for a car, passes to a club (Cameo) a mapquest to exactly where we wanted to go, she listened, cared, and responded to our needs. There are many others in the staff who we dealt with daily and we felt like family immediately. The only, and I mean only negative, was there were a fair amount of children, to some that's a plus, our children have grown and moved out so we like a more adult setting, but the kids were well behaved and polite, nothing against the hotel or parents, I just needed to be fair in my assessment. I guess if you don't want to hear the kids, ask for the third floor, and a corner room, that will cut down on the noise. Thanks Riviera for a great trip. Oh, and by the way, stay away from Mansion, it's a rip-off, we got free passes from Cameo for it, and they wouldn't honor them, so they lost our $100.00 plus bar tab., and good tips...too bad....

• Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
lilugeor, Manager at Riviera Hotel & Suites South Beach, responded to this review, October 6, 2010
Dear Guest:

Thank you very much for share your amazing experience with us! For our staff was a pleasure to have you on our hotel. I perfectly remember you, we talk about the "ghost" on our pool and I remember how polite, nice and funny were your comments. I'm happy to know that we achieved our goal, make you part of our family.

We will love to see you soon!!!

Lilu
Port Saint Lucie, Florida
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 25, 2010

If you looking for a unique hotel experience in South Beach, look no further. The rooms are quite well put together. The furnishings are confortable. The decor is trendy, leaning towards the dark shades and color. A good twist on the usual pastel / bright color combination usually found in South Beach. The Pool is very nice and so is the breakfast served there every morning. There is only one caveat, as with all hotels in south beach, the parking situation is really horrific. This Hotel has avalet servise for an extra 32 dollars a day with unlimeted car retrievals, which is very reasonable.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled with family
Dear Guest:

Thanks for staying with us and for the great summary of our hotel in your review. Our main goal is to make you happy, make your vacations or your business trip a unique experience. Make you part of a select group of guest, faithful to the luxurious style of the Riviera.

Come back soon, we will love to have you again!!

Liu
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 20, 2010

I told the staff I was having a small gathering and they were more then nice and welcoming also the location is great

• Stayed September 2010
1 Thank Devinetyler
Dear Devine Guest!!

I deeply appreciate your comments regarding our helpful staff--we take very seriously our casual, unique and elegant brand of service.

Thank you .for become part of our family!

We wish to see you soon!!

Lilu