“Riviera Perfect Stay”

Ranked #40 of 208 Hotels in Miami Beach
chicago
“Riviera Perfect Stay”
Reviewed September 20, 2010

This hotel is amazingly decorated. I needed a room with a separate bedroom for myself, husband and a pull out couch for my 2 kids. I loved the kitchen area and the huge walk in tiled shower in the room. Complimentary breakfast and Cushioned, 2 person lounge chairs by the pool.The staff was so friendly. Location was near all shopping and the beach. I didn't like the 30 parking fee but that seemed to be the standard for south beach and along biscayne bay. Next time we may take advantage of their free airport shuttle.

• Liked — the whole experience
  • Disliked — 30 parking
  • Stayed September 2010, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (402)
ohio
Reviewed September 19, 2010

We loved our room at the Riviera! It was very pretty and romantic...the lighting could be a little better. The bathroom was very nice and big. We appreciated the kitchenette area and it was nice to have a TV in the sitting area as well as the bedroom. It was a short walk to the beach and Collins Ave. The pool is small small but a very pretty area with nice furniture and cabanas. Breakast was included but pretty light. Having the free happy hour was nice too...all in all it was a nice stay and we would recommend staying here.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank hawkorange
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed August 25, 2010

I stayed at this 'just off Collins' hotel last weekend and it was great! The staff was friendly and very giving with advice and assistance with all my needs. The room was very clean and odor free (which is often an issue with South Beach Art Deco boutique hotels). I was able to get a suite with a full kitchen, living room, separate bedroom, and nice bathroom for a VERY affordable price. The bed was probably the best part, it was incredibly comfortable, one of the best I have ever had at a hotel. If you get a chance to make it to South Beach, check this place out. It would be perfect for a couple or a small family. Oh, and it had a great I-Pod docking sound station...

• Stayed August 2010, traveled solo
Cocoa, Florida
Reviewed July 29, 2010

when we arrived the staff was very friendly and greeted us with smiles. they made our check in an easy process. the rooms were amazing. very clean with a stylish decor. the dimmers in the bedroom and bathroom made this a perfect getaway for couples. the pool area was surrounded by lush greenery. it was the perfect place to get some sun, go for a swim or just relax. this hotel is in a perfect location. not too close to all the south beach chaos, but with in walking distance of all the fine restaurants and night clubs. just a stones throw away from the beach and all the bars. the riviera is the ideal hotel for anyone looking to have a great time during their trip to south beach.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with friends
Reviewed July 27, 2010

I travel to Miami roughly once a month on business and have stayed mainly in luxury full-service hotels near the airport and in SoBe. I was not sure what to expect from a boutique hotel, especially on business travel, but was very pleasantly surprised to find a cozy, homey place with impeccable service and attention to detail, from the valet, to the shuttle driver, concierge, cleaning staff and pool attendants... I stayed in a king pool-view room (1 bedroom, kitchenette and bath), equipped with 2 flat screen tvs, a stereo and free wireless internet. The living room was tastefully done and able to accommodate small informal meetings, which also saved my non-profit any cost associated with meeting space, or overhead of coffeehouses, etc. (though I did take advantage of the free happy hour afforded to guests for additional meetings over a delicious sushi dinner at Kung Fu!) It was great value at low-season and included a free continental breakfast near the lovely pool area. Kudos to the Riviera and all of its devoted staff! Looking forward to seeing you again soon!

• Stayed June 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed May 26, 2010

We stayed at Riviera South Beach for three nights. It is very clean and fun place with very freindly staff and excellant service. The hotel is located just one block off the Collins Avenue on 20th street and is very near to the best part of the South Beach, Lincon Road and all the fun. The complimentary breakfast was basic but good. We also availed of the South Beach Group's complimentory Pick-up and Drop-off to the Miami airport.

The only disappointment was the Miami Allegator Safari, Miami city and boat tour that we booked through the Hotel conducted by Admiral Tours. After the Allegator safari we were dropped off for another bus to take us to Miami CIty tour. The driver did not had room for us so we were transfered to some other bus whose driver explained very little if at all in English as the tour was basically for Spanish speaking tourists.The quality of this trip and our experince was really bad. I do not advise any one to book tours with Admiral Tours, a complete ripp-off, they really don't care.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 24, 2010

The first two night before the cruise, we were staying at the Catalina... The first night was the worst... The Catalina's unit was nice but it could of been a bit more cleaner. I did have ants in the unit and when I spoke with the front-desk, he told me that he was going to send the housekeeper supervisor to check the ants. She told me that sugar might have been left in the cabinets, which there was and that is where the ants were coming from, but if the placed had been cleaned properly the sugar would of been thrown away.I didn't like having to spray for ants myself, that's something that should of been noticed before I checked in. I'm a bit obsessed about cleanliness and check everything and it was OK but not as clean as it should of have been since you pay for a cleaning fee.
After the cruise we booked a room at the riviera, and let me tell you that we will be staying there from now on...The room was very clean and comfortable and the
price was right...
*Noise level is moderate and caused no problems (we are older and go to bed earlier than most, so we are sensitive to noise).
* I have to mention that the staff are the best..
* There were a few minor issues with the room and they were taken care of promptly and pleasantly.
* The rooms are bigger than the rooms from the Catalina..
* My rooms always were served on time.... The pool is perfect, it is very quiet...

Can't say enough good things!!!!

• Stayed May 2010, traveled on business